• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes USOptics ER-25 - Focusing problems

vabeltfed

Private
Minuteman
Mar 9, 2012
After almost 5 months, I received my custom ER-25 recently and just yesterday was my first chance to test out my new scope. I mounted it on a new custom rifle and attempted to bore site it at 50 yards. I moved the T-pal focus until my target was in focus and my friend noticed it was between 500 and infinity. 2 shots and I'm zero'd in.

Move to 100 yards and no matter what setting the t-pal focus was set at, everything was blurry. I make sure the rifle is empty and safe and point towards the sky and move the eyepiece to make sure the reticle is in focus. Point back at the target and blurry for the entire range of the t-pal focus knob. Looking at the 300 yard steel plates, it wasn't as blurry but it certainly wasn't clear. I did end up shooting it a bit and was able to hit the plates but I can't get it focused.

I called up Usoptics yesterday but they closed for Easter. I've left them an email and voice message.

I'm hoping someone here can think of something I can try and hopefully I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks.

Did you adjust your parallax at the ocular lens(the one nearest your eye) first? The parallax adjustment on the side/front of your scope is for the clarity of the target. It will adjust the overall parallax for the shot at the range desired. When done correctly both the target and reticle will appear crisp. If the target is still a little blurry, it isn't set correctly. If it was, you would have the same amount of blur on other targets at different ranges as well. Go back and make sure you make this adjustment when you zero(remove parallax) via the ocular lens first. The knob on the side is used to focus the image you see through the scope.

I did focus the ocular lens first and again a few minutes ago. The reticle appears in focus when doing this. I can see about 200 yards from my house and just went out to try a few things. When at 5 or 10 power the house 200 yards away appears clear but at any higher power it is blurry no matter what I do to the side focus or the front ocular.

I'm re-reading through the USO instructions again to make sure I'm doing this correct.

The ocular zoom mechanism may be doing something crazy if it works at low powers and not at higher ones. Let USO handle the fix.

The ocular zoom mechanism may be doing something crazy if it works at low powers and not at higher ones. Let USO handle the fix.

Yeah, I'm fine with them fixing it, I was just hoping I was doing something wrong and I don't have to send it back. Wonder if it was tested before shipping out to me or if it was damaged in shipment.

The scope looks awesome so I can't wait to get it back.

Thanks all.

I did focus the ocular lens first and again a few minutes ago. The reticle appears in focus when doing this. I can see about 200 yards from my house and just went out to try a few things. When at 5 or 10 power the house 200 yards away appears clear but at any higher power it is blurry no matter what I do to the side focus or the front ocular.

I'm re-reading through the USO instructions again to make sure I'm doing this correct.

Did you try looking at an object that was farther than 200 yards away when you cranked the magnification up past 10x? If not, try that and see if you get the same results.