• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

USPS Problems

dpodgurs

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2010
Peoria, AZ
Shipped several items to Hide members within the past few weeks and have run into delivery problems with every package. The latest package was returned for postage; I paid for the postage at the self serve kiosk and attached the stamp clearly on the back of the package as it would not fit on the front of the package. The package made it to the destination's sorting facility when my postage stamp was covered up along with the delivery address and returned to me.

I will be going down to my post office tomorrow to try to resolve this and send the package back out. I am just wondering if any of you guys are having similar problems. Like I said this wasn't the first problem I've run into with the USPS lately and sending anything via USPS has been nothing short of a headache.

Re: USPS Problems

My mom tried to mail a simple birthday card to my brother and it was returned for insufficient postage. Nothing else in the envelope, just your standard card. They need to do away with the USPS or turn it over to a private company. It hasn't been profitable in years anyway. Just another example of unchecked government spending.

I blame it on the Hurricane Isaac here... I shipped a set of rings off this past Saturday and they got returned to me today.I am going to ship the rings off again in the morning and see what happens.

Good to hear that I'm not the only one with this issue. Crazy thing is I shipped it in a flat rate box so there is no way I could have had insufficient postage. I couldn't agree more though, they really need to get their act together.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DryFire</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I blame it on the Hurricane Isaac here... I shipped a set of rings off this past Saturday and they got returned to me today.I am going to ship the rings off again in the morning and see what happens. </div></div>

That could be the case as well. We'll see how the package does after I ship it out again.

You realize this is the federal govenment right? Where job performance has no bearing whatsoever on your continued employment? Where there is a never-ending supply of "customers" that you can retrieve money from by force to finance utter incompetence?

These guys are lucky I'm not in charge....the unemployment rate in the federal government would be sky high when I was finished...starting with the post office.

After the first incident I would have stopped using them. Fool me once, fool me twice kind of thing going on here. You need to partially blame yourself for using them again after the first mishap.

If it continually happens..... shouldn't you move on?

Odd, Ive had nothing but great service from the USPS. Had a package mailed in a priority box from San Francisco on a wed afternoon and had it Friday. Thats happened sort of thing has happened more than once. Overall I think they have the best value, despite some fuck ups here and there.

When I lived in S. Texas I did notice a much lower standard overall, but chalked it up to the high latino employment population demographic.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">After the first incident I would have stopped using them. Fool me once, fool me twice kind of thing going on here. You need to partially blame yourself for using them again after the first mishap.

If it continually happens..... shouldn't you move on? </div></div>

Yeah I am to the point to where I am going to avoid their services like the plague. I'll only use them if I have to. We'll see what they do today but my guess is it will be nothing but a problem.

We have had more than our fair share of problems with the USPS. In fact we will do everything in our power not to use them.

I left my old Broker Dealer and opened my own office a few years ago. Wouldn't you know, the USPS in all their wisdom decided to ignore the change of address for my name and continued to deliver all our mail to the old PO Box (by contract I couldn't assume the previous PO Box). After a package was wrongfully delivered to the old office and the newbie decided to throw away the package, we confronted the USPS. They said it was not their fault they delivered the package to the wrong person, even though we have confirmation. The second big one: I ordered a 5.11 Rush 72 pack and had it shipped to my house where it showed delivered. However, I did not get it. Thank goodness I had insurance but, I can't help thinking the package disappeared because someone knew what it was and saw that it was insured. I stopped using them for everything important.

I used to have all my internet orders shipped to my business since we are there Monday - Friday and the UPS guy shows up between 10:30 and 11:00 like clockwork. However, I discovered last week that UPS and FEDEX are now delivering to the Post Office and not to the address, on certain items. So, the item that was supposed to go FEDEX showed up at my post office without the PO Box number and guess what...the USPS sent it back.

I asked the FEDEX and UPS drivers when they stopped by the next time and they said that some deliveries will ship to the USPS. Supposedly the USPS strong armed them into giving up some deliveries. For FEDEX it's called "Smart Post".

Sounds a lot like the headaches I've been going through. I am going to start using UPS and FEDEX for all my important stuff all together, but from what you just said they end up going through USPS anyway? Knock on wood, but everytime I've shipped UPS or had something shipped to me via UPS, the delivery was way simplified and showed up on time and where it should be the first time.

I have minor issues as of late, but frustrating anyway.

Over the last 2 weeks i have sent three items to SH memebers. all have gone out the same priority from the same Post office. First arrived in two days, second took ten days, third 7 days.
now not all were sent to the same address, but items 1 and 2 were sent to the same state in mid west, the third was sent a state i share a border with.

Inconsistency seems to be the name of the game.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYpatriot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You realize this is the federal govenment right? Where job performance has no bearing whatsoever on your continued employment? Where there is a never-ending supply of "customers" that you can retrieve money from by force to finance utter incompetence? </div></div>

KY they're actually not Federal or Federally funded. I had to deal with these assholes on a separate issue and after a metric shit ton of research I now know that they are considered "Quasi-Government" and both Corporate/Government that falls under their own jurisdiction which gives them a license to be unregulated by the Fed's and basically do what they want without a real check and balance...

I purchased a scope off a hide member and the USPS managed to knarl it up. Still dealing with them to fix it. That said, the people at the counter were very friendly and trying to be as helpful as they can be.
Went to return to Bushnell and the PO didn't have anything that fit it (at least not in stock) so I had to go to UPS store which costed a lot more but at least I knew it was shipped in a sturdy container.

The past few months I have started to have issues with their mail service. This was just for bills. The worst was sending a mortgage payment in, never got there, well within time a few weeks in advance. So I sent another check out via priority mail with delivery confirmation, and its lost in limbo. till have yet to get my money back on the postage even.

We have had multiple mail lost in transit lately. And they wonder why people are moving to electronic payment and using other means of service other than USPS.

I sent a package out to a hide member, with tracking. It sent from MN to KY, Chicago, NJ, FL, OK, TX, then finally its destination in CA. Took over 3 and a half weeks to get there.

No more USPS for us.

same here, stopped using usps after a package i had paid delivery confirmation for, showed it as never being delivered, after numerous calls, and cases filed, i just gave up. their tracking sucks. i have switched over to fedex, they haven`t lost or damaged a package yet, and their tracking is in real time.

Over the past 2 years I have had 3 USPS money orders disappear en route.....then you pay $5.25 for them to check it out.... 6 weeks later a guy named Abdul .....??? sends reimbersement check.
now i wrap them in a couple of layers of paper so they can`t see/feel what`s inside....

I did end up resolving the issue at least for now. They verified the postage and sent it back out via priority. At least this time the postal clerk was understanding and did everything she could to help. The whole reason why I use USPS is because they are cheap. But I guess you get what you pay for because obviously their shipping services are sub par by any means.

I sent a USPS MO to Florida via priority. The dang thing did not get to FL until over a week after I sent it. It went through CO then up to WY and finally down to FL. And once it was in FL the first time they delivered the envelope USPS declared it as undelivered as addressed. Somehow, it made it to the guys door the next day.

With all this frustration, I really want to use other means of shipping than the USPS. My only dilemma is I don't want to spend the $16-20 to ship a bag of brass via Fedex or UPS respectively. That was the rate on a box the same size as a USPS small flat rate box. With the sticker shock from those guys I ended up going back to USPS, regretfully. What do you guys use other than USPS and is there a way to ship via Fedex or UPS for less?

Im glad I havnt had these problems with USPS, Havnt had any problems with them at all as a matter of fact and ive shipped tons of stuff with them over the years. Ive had problems with UPS and have banned using them in any way and only use USPS or Fedex.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sonic Crack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im glad I havnt had these problems with USPS, Havnt had any problems with them at all as a matter of fact and ive shipped tons of stuff with them over the years. Ive had problems with UPS and have banned using them in any way and only use USPS or Fedex. </div></div>

Thats how I feel about Oops as well. Only use them as a final and last resort. UnProfessionalService

I have to ship my passport off to get Visa's before heading out and so far USPS is the only ones not to lose it.... Fed Ex has misdelivered/lost it twice! Kinda messed up when you consider my out of the US income revolves around that stupid little book. I plan on getting a second one to help curve the effects of losing one of them but that takes some time.

Either way Fed Ex can suck it, UPS is hit or miss, and USPS seems to be the only ones that haven't f-ed me over so far. Now that I type this and sent my PP out this AM for another Afghan Visa the damn thing will end up in the drink somewhere.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sonic Crack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im glad I havnt had these problems with USPS, Havnt had any problems with them at all as a matter of fact and ive shipped tons of stuff with them over the years. Ive had problems with UPS and have banned using them in any way and only use USPS or Fedex. </div></div>

Thats how I feel about Oops as well. Only use them as a final and last resort. <span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">UnProfessionalServ</span>ice</span> </div></div>

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++1