• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Utah Gunsmths

CarbonOne

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2010
Utah
Looking for a good gunsmith in northern Utah. Does anyone have any experience with Mike at Utah Rifles in Pleasant Grove?

Re: Utah Gunsmths

Thanks. I'm thinking about a full build off a rem 700 in 300RUM.

Mainly curious about Utahrifles in pleasant grove. I Just haven't heard much first hand experience about his full build work. His prices are fair, but it's still a bunch of money to dump into "parts" if it doesn't shoot. I'm sure he does great work. I just want to confirm it.

I have a 338Rum that I bought used that Roger's Rifles put together, and it's a shooter.

ive heard good things about PSS. buddys dad has a christensen arms built 338lm that is very nice. never heard of the one in pg though. my other buddy just got a brake put on his savage, i'll ask who did that to give you another option. if you do end up going to the one in PG let me know how it works out. im in Lehi and would like to just go check the place out.

I hate to say it but I've been turned off by many of the local guys around here. Even the "good ones", they all seem to have the same God-like attitude as if Remington consults them on their preferences daily. I know alot of them do good work, and I'm not talking about that, I just dont want to deal with the drama and being talked down to about my plans for a build.
IF I were build another gun from a local outfit, I would probably go with someone like ______. But there are plenty of fine builders on this forum alone, and the shipping costs it takes to go back and forth are worth it to me.

BTW: shouldn't this have been in the gunsmithing area? it might have gotten alot more interest.

Give Brad Stair a call...wonderful work, he was with Wasatch, now I believe he has branched out. Let me know, I can PM you his info...you won't regret it.

B.

+1 to what Coldbore said....

If you just wanted some small work done Guy Maumburg is fine but for a full build There are plenty of great guys all over to have do a full build.