• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Utah Range Day

Re: Utah Range Day

Living in Utah does have it's perks! His picture could be just about anywhere here; less than 1 hour drive from Salt Lake and it looks like that...

im just jealous that you have a place like that to shoot!! must be nice is all i can keep thinking.

It was actually 45* so pretty warm, the snow was just taking a bit longer to melt. I started reloading not to long ago and was testing some loads. The report is here: http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3689530#Post3689530

The spot is out West of Utah lake by this little "town" called Faust. More like one abandon house that was used by the railroad haha. The rifle is a Savage Stevens 200 in 308 with a B&C stock. Just a cheap 6-24 vortex crossfire scope which tracks well and will hold up until I can get a better one. Its one of my favorite places to shoot in the fall and spring. Too damn hot in the summer.

West Desert is awesome!

We have a safe 3000+ yard range 30 minutes from my house and 60 minutes from the office. Makes load development and testing easy.

Beautiful Faust Utah. Guys, this place is along the Pony Express trail; yep real live ponys and real live guys riding them.

Here's a link to a quick and dirty locational map.

If you pan the map in just about any direction, you'll see there's not too much going on out there; it's what we call the west desert. Further west on the Pony Express trail from Faust there's an old Station called Simpson Springs. Further west from that is Fish Springs. Lot's of history and wide open spaces. Unlimited 1,000 + yard opportunities.

Oh, and it doesn't snow here year-round. Summers in the west desert typically hover in the 90's to 100 +. Lots of fun!

Nice open prairie, I'm curious to see how the ballistics change in the summer. The climate should be the same similar to here in CO. Temps in the low hundreds, raises the density altitude a few thousand feet.

Did you hunt with this load this season?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Longbow_06</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Screw that..... remind me never to move to Utah.

Lee. </div></div>

Lol

Utah was great!
Thousands of square miles of public use Forest Service, BLM, and other land.
Only rules: no shooting around cattle, no shooting over roads and be careful with tracers in the Summer.
We shot darn near everything out there. Where else can you find this much room? Certainly not in the South, where I am now.

[video:youtube]<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9toMIYnzBZE"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9toMIYnzBZE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>[/video]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: roggom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice open prairie, I'm curious to see how the ballistics change in the summer. The climate should be the same similar to here in CO. Temps in the low hundreds, raises the density altitude a few thousand feet.

Did you hunt with this load this season? </div></div>

Roggom,
I didn't rifle hunt this year just archery. But I'm looking forward to it next year and hoping to smack a few coyotes out there in the winter. Climate is very similar to CO and in the summer I have more access to the mountains around 9-10k shooting which should be really interesting for the ballistics.

Just plain awesome !! Beautiful country, snow & 45 degrees - I'll take it all day brother. I took the family to southern Utah several years ago & visited many of the national parks there - the sights were incredible !!