• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Utah Shootouts Run & Gun, Carbine-Pistol, Nov 16, 2013 Results-Video

desertratdad

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 9, 2005
SLC UT
www.utahshootouts.com
Utah Shootouts Notice

Nov. 16, 2013 - Run and Gun - Carbine & Pistol
Two classes: Rim fire and Center fire.
Cost: $25. (includes the $7 daily range fee)
Place: North Springs Shooting Range
Time: 10:00 am till 2:00 pm give or take (sign in by 9:30)
Bring 100 rounds each gun
Bring a strong side holster for pistol
Bring a sling for carbine

We will plan on three stages. Over the edge plus two new areas.
Dress for the weather.
Please let us know if you plan on being there

Tactical Trauma Assessment and Treatment Class:

I took this class a few weeks ago. First aid for bullet wounds. The only first aid class I've ever been to where you have live fire exercises. Ari asked if I wanted to teach some of his people some long distance rifle if he gave some of my RO's some Tactical Trauma training. I said that sounds great.

Date to be determined. Any participant has to have significant safe firearms experience. If you are interested, please contact me.

On line discussion:

I have had contact with several people in the last few weeks about our shooting matches for the next 12 months. I appreciate ALL the comments.

I had mentioned it would be good to get together over dinner to discuss all the issues but decided it would be easier to have a on line discussion. Those that I would hope would be involved live all over the state and a couple outside the state.

Some ideas that have and will be discussed are:

form committee
monthly matches
new match formats (monthly and USSS)
Over the Edge venue
coordinating of stages: scoring and timing
writing stage descriptions etc.
t shirt design
prize picks
having non shooting, skilled Range Officers
taking pics and video

There have been some offers to help but there is a lot more help needed. Forming a committee is years over due. You do not need to give a time commitment to be in the discussion. Just SERIOUS discussion.

If you would like to participate or just listen in for now, please contact me.

Thanks,
Clint

Last edited:
I want to shoot the Nov match and can help on commity.

We've got a few on the list to shoot. We are going to need quite a few more to make it worth building up the two new run & gun areas. Between work, deer, elk, classes, etc. it might be tough. We decided to give it another week and see. We could use some LE area instead.

There's a few interested in the trauma class. I'll be working on that.

I've had several interested in the discussion for planning the next 12 months. This will be an ongoing thing. I've had the best information transfer just by the old fashion telephone with emails coming in second. I'm seeing if a facebook thing might work also.

Thanks for all the comments

We have 6 or 8 to shoot so far on the 16th. So I'll be going out there Thursday and Friday to set up one new stage up the creek. We will shoot at least one more over the edge and maybe one in the LE area. Jeramie call me.

If we have enough time you can shoot in both classes.

Last edited:
We're getting 10 or 12 to shoot so far. We won't be shooting past 200 (probably 150) yards with carbine. Out to 25 with pistol. Jeramie is working to get the shoot house in shape for another pistol stage. Since I'm setting the "Up a Creek" stage we won't be running more than maybe 100 yards. Unless someone is going to carry me. For this stage it will be 30 rounds max of carbine, on "SAFE" any time you are moving or shooting your pistol. If you come with out a sling you will have to take the time to hand your rifle to the RO to shoot the pistol targets. 10 round minimum for pistol. You will have to unload your pistol and show clear to holster it then before you continue with your rifle. I will run through the stage first, and that will be the par time.

Last edited:
Possible 20 shooters so far. Good chance of rain, we'll see who shows up. Got a new stage set up. It's not up a creek (that was too much work) but more like (shoot) Over the River and (hike) through the woods. See you in the morning.

Great job on the ridge stage Clint that was the most fun I've had In a long time, good job can't wait to add some pistol to that. To all the guys who shot with us thanks for coming and good job.

Results and After Action Report

Carbine - Pistol, Run & Gun Nov. 16, 2013

Stage 1
I wanted every shooter to feel, what it's like to be "Over the Hill." So I made a "Over the Hill" stage.
6 minute par time, 30 rounds carbine, 10 targets with 3 shots each. 80 to 175 yards. 1 pt for each hit. Use any position or support with in a few feet of the shooting position sign.

Start carbine unloaded, no mag in gun.
Run 200 yards uphill, shoot from 10 shooting positions spread out for another 100 yds. at the 10 corresponding targets down across the wash into happy valley.

Everyone felt like they were over the hill for 1 to 2 hours after that. But I've never seen so much laughing while in so much pain.

Stage 2
30 rounds max. 30 targets. 1 point for each hit. 83 to ? yards.
Start sitting in drivers seat of car. 99 sec par time. Engage 15 targets over the edge. Shoot till you hit each target.

If you hit all 15 targets, exit car, got to wall, another 99 sec par time to engage 15 more targets with what ever ammo you have left of the 30 max.

Stage 3
Pistol, 17 rounds minimum, Engage 1st 6 targets from port #1 in the bunker, 2nd 6 from port #2, last five from port #3. 35 sec par time. 1 pt for each hit.

Stage 4
Carbine 30 rnds max, 6 passes of the mover, 10 yards. 1 pt per hit (14 in square paper target).
Pistol, no real max rnds, reload as necessary, Same target, six passes of the mover.
Speed unknown (bat out of hell fast though), see video.

Scores
1 Dan............103
2 J (I think that's Jeramie) 102
3 Lon............ 97
4 David.........89
5 Carter.........75
6 Ken............74
7 Craig..........55
8 Tom............47
9 Dakoda.......37
10Ryan..........35
11 Shane........32
12 Trevor........19
13 Clint..........14 on the Over the Hill Stage. DNF
14 Ron............ DNS, did not start. Spent the whole time running with the shooters up on the ridge of the Over the HIll stage. Said he was too tired to shoot. Excuses. Thanks Ron. And thanks to Trevor for bringing some prizes for 1st and 2nd place from his store.

It looks like we'll have another carbine pistol on Dec. 7. Let me know if you are planning on this one. I'll have some hot lunch for all while the scores are getting tallied.

Clint

Carb Pist Match Nov 16, 2013 - YouTube

Last edited: