• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Utah State Sniper Shoot 2011 Pics,video,scores

Re: Utah State Sniper Shoot Sept 10-11, 2011 - List

Wow!

I'm home. I'm tired. I'm elated as well as shocked! Clint, Rodney, all the SO's as well as Clint's family put on a fantastic State shoot. Thank you so very much! And to all the sponsers, a heartfelt THANKYOU! Zac and Chris, thanks for the upper. Thank you, thank you!

And Greg of Barnes bullets. Hope to shoot with you before too long. Thanks for the bullets.

Met a lot of very neat people. The weather, thankfully, held until the very end when we at least had overhead cover from the rain and lightening. Robert, Chris, Eric, again, shot very well as well as many others. Congrats to Ron for his top carbine. And thanks for putting me up over night. The hot shower was the best. Sure beat a sleeping bag and numerous pads in the back of my truck. Especially at my age.

Alan

Oh yes, also importantly and not forgotten, thanks to Grizzly, Barnes Bullets, Delta Outdoors, Impact Data Books, and all the others who donated to the prize table, was a nice prize table.

THANKS TO ALL!!!

Im finally on my way home...monday afternoon. The stupid timing belt on my car broke and the valves got bent. Ill be back in Price in a couple days to drag the stupid thing back home.

As always it was good to shoot with everyone and thank you to Clint and all the SO's as well as all the sponsors.

I got a couple videos of the over the edge I'll post them when I get time

Thank you to Clint and everyone that took part in making this match possible. I had a blast hanging with everyone and getting to know a few out of state shooters.

Thanks to Delta Outdoorsman for putting the new Eberlestock X3LowDrag pack on the prize table for ME!!!

Another big thanks to Gregg and all the staff at Barnes bullets. They really hooked us all up this weekend and I am excited to give their new match bullets a try.

And Tucker that sucks about the car troubles. If you need a hand let me know... would be happy to help.

Thanks Eric

Thanks for coming to the shoot everyone.
Does anyone care to see the scores????

Well here they are. Took me all day to get time to work on gettign them posted. Thanks for your patience.

You May have to hold down the CONTROL KEY and scroll up or down with your mouse wheel to zoom in on the pictures so you can read them. The rifle score sheet is so big photo bucket shrinks it down and its a bit fuzzy even zoomed in. Sorry
If you want a clearer version email me and I'll send you a clear .JPG of the scores.
[email protected]

Precision Rifle Scores:

riflea.jpg

Carbine Scores:

carbinea1.jpg

Pistol Scores:

pistola1.jpg

OVERALL SCORES:

overall.jpg

Thanks again to everyone who showed up. Thanks for your Patience while we tallied the scores. That power outage reallllly screwed us up on time since we had to redo everything we had done that wasnt saved.

A special thanks to LAR for the barreled upper, complete uppers, and other gear, to Vortex for the Scope and Binoculars, To Barnes for the Rem SPS .308, Several CASES of their new Match bullets, and more, Delta Outdoors for the Packs, Impact Data for their Data books, and everyone else that contributed to the Prize table.

Next year it should be even better.
And now that Over The Edge is set up we can shoot it on the monthly matches also. woohoo!

Chris & Robert - Thanks for the ride down and the Sausage mcMuffin. That Muffin carried me until saturday night.

Eric - Thanks for the grub saturday night and the company. It great to get to know all of you guys better. And a huge thanks for helping me get everything set up friday night and saturday morning. I couldnt have gotten it all done in time without your help.

Tucker - Sorry about the car man. I never should have gotten into it.

GSSP - for bringing me my Bullets and my wallet.

I could go on and on thanking people for their help SO'ing, taking pics, cooking, scoring, etc but I'm too tired. I'm going home to eat and get to bed.

THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE for everything. Nothing better than spending the weekend shooting with 3-4 dozen great guys..and a gal.
smile.gif
Its great getting to know each of you a little more each shoot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Moroni</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im finally on my way home...monday afternoon. The stupid timing belt on my car broke and the valves got bent. Ill be back in Price in a couple days to drag the stupid thing back home.

As always it was good to shoot with everyone and thank you to Clint and all the SO's as well as all the sponsors.

I got a couple videos of the over the edge I'll post them when I get time </div></div>

Dang... That sucks about your car. I felt bad for you!!!

Nice hanging out with you and good shooting BTW.

Thanks everyone, Ryan and I came out on Saturday to help out with the shoot We were RSO's on Rodney's team, It was great to see how well everyone did. Great job guys ! See you next year. Good Job Walt #6

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SNAGLYTOOTH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And Tucker that sucks about the car troubles. If you need a hand let me know... would be happy to help.
</div></div>
+1 Tucker, I'd be happy to help, and I know a good mechanic
grin.gif

Looks like I really missed out on this one, good job guys!!

Crazy good shooting Alan! Congrats!

Thanks to Clint,all the SO's,sponsors and everyone else who made such a great match happen.This match has such great variety and is so unique!

Rodney I'm still in awe that you carried all that steel down that steep incline! That was the best stage of the match!

Squad D rocks! Great meeting and shooting with all you guys!

Thanks especially to LAR Grizzly and Barnes bullets!

Clint and crew,

Thank you for a great match. You all put on a great shoot. I enjoyed the entire COF. Challenging but not too difficult with good target choices. I have never had the opportunity to shoot movers or turners before and that was a blast. I am already looking forward to next year. You guys are very lucky to have such a kick ass facility. If it wasn’t a 7 plus hour drive I would visit more often!
We had a great squad. Every one helped out throughout the match. Our SO’s, FUDwacked and MilDotz ran a great safe venue. Thank you.

Thanks to all the sponsors and Thanks to all who helped with the match as well.

Nice meeting you all. See you next year.

Dino

Thanks for all the kind words you guys. I'm still at the range putting a master cylinder in my truck. There were Tucker's break down a fender bender, flat tire, power outage, I've never heard so many firearms breaking down as I have as in the last week.

My kid said God was displeased with me. I told her God has been mad at me for a long time and the Devil too. (not sure how that can happen) But I don't care. It makes me mad enough to try it again next year.

Planning on using some of them new Barnes bullets to reload some ammo for next month. Haven't looked at what the second saturday is but I'll be here ready to do some shooting for a change. Cause I didn't draw any big game permits.

Thanks to our biggest Sponsors:

To Greg from Barnes Bullets for a Remington 700 STS Rifle and Thousands of dollars of their match grade projectiles. Everyone got at least two boxes.

To Zac from LAR Manufacturing for bringing 3 uppers, one of them barreled and several shirts etc.

To Vortex for Rifle scope and binos worth over $700.

To DeltaOutdoorsman.com for outstanding quality tactical back packs and scope cover.

There are many others I will list on the website.

At the range here had time to evaluate how out new shoot house targets have done. With a few modifications I think they will be a permanant part of the shoot house. Thanks for giving them a work out.

I was going to sweep up all the brass and lead that was on the shoot house floor, but the range master said he would do it cause he wanted the lead. I told him to weigh it and tell me how much it was. Our new target system worked very well to save the plywood on the inside of the house. Most of the 1200 projectiles we shot over the weekend just fell to the floor.

Thanks again for all the help. There were many persons who just didn't quit and made the thing happen.

<span style="font-weight: bold">*****When you have a course of fire that is that varied and complicated as this one was, it takes a lot of knowledgable, skilled and responsible people to make it happen. And they were there doing their job and what ever else they could see that needed to be done. I stopped doing shooting matches by my self a couple years ago.*****</span>

It will take a couple more days before I can get a video togther. There should be quite a few pictures show up too.

See you guys later,

Clint

Before I get out of these guys way in the office I wanted to make a comment about Safty Officers competing in the same event they are running.

There were some that said it couldn't be done. Especially when you had some good prizes on the prize table. I didn't know what else to do a year ago when I started to put this together.

All who said they would help, wanted to shoot too. They didn't want to shoot another day, they wanted to compete against all you guys.

The ones that volunteered were some of the best shooters we have had shoot with us. Not only placing high in our matches but in others too.

As it turned out, First place was not a SO. Not at this match anyway.

We were discussing this Sunday afer the match. It was no advantage to SO. Could have very well hurt their scores. Thank these guys when you have a chance.

Clint

If anything the SO's were at a disadvatage, they needed to be watching every shooter making sure they were safe and following the course of fire and not watching the contitions and all the other variables you need to stay on top of to shoot well. When it was their turn to shoot the put down the clipboard and timer and picked up their rifle and shot. They did a very good job of running the match and we all should give them a big thank you for their hard work.

Like Clint said there are those that claim being an SO is an advantage. I havent heard anyone say that yet but at our shoot at least its a diadvantage, not an advantage. The only complaint I HAVE heard is from SO's about the fact that since they are SO'ing they cant Focus completely on their own shooting like everyone else.
Our SO's (other than me and one or two others who helped create the COF's) didnt have any more knowledge of the COF's that the other shooters. They learned the COF's at the same walk through as everyone else.
There were only a couple people who even SAW the OTE targets and the new shoothouse targets before the match.
And since there are NO unknown distances (so far) in our matches theres no advantage to being the one setting the targets up. (well, except for the strength and cario workout, and some repelling, I got carrying all the steel out there.)

And to those that still say So'ing is an advantage (if anyone). Be sure I know your shirt size so I can get you youre SO shirt next year. This years So's will gladly let someone esle SO so they can concentrate on shooting.

And, as always, If ANYONE has any ideas, or CONSTRUCTIVE critisism, I would love top get a personal message from you with your thoughts.

Thanks, Rodney
[email protected]
801-427-3431

The rifle and overall score shave been removed temporarily. We dont know if it ws the power outage or what but the way the program totaled the scores was incorrect. it didnt add the scores for the Torso, The wall, OTE-The Hide, and OTE-Ambush Valley to the total score. It moved several peoples places but the shooters in the top half mostly only moved by 1 spot up or down.

Unfortunately I'm leaving for Illinois in a few hours and dont have time to get it all posted back here until I get back. Look for the actual totals after Sept 21st.

Thanks for all your efforts Rodney.

We've talked to the biggest prize takers, we might need to switch a few plaques but everything should work out ok.

I should get a video put together some time later tonight.

Clint

It wasn't youtube that cut off 7 minutes of the video, it my own computer. I'll put the whole version up as soon as I can. Also got over 100 still pics. I'll put a bunch up here as soon as i get some more time. Got to get back to making a living now.

Thanks for your patience about the scores.

If you want to get in touch with me please email or pm me. One phone has run out of time and my other one is on it's last few minutes (first time ever).

Thanks guys,
Clint

Thanks to Clint and all your staff for a wonderful weekend of shooting and making new friends.

Re: Utah State Sniper Shoot Sept 10-11, 2011 Pics

Thanks guys that was a fun shoot I really enjoyed shooting with you all. Good thing we are all friends I would not wont to be a bad guy down range from you all it's a honor to be shooting with such skilled shooter keep up the good work. Thanks Clint and all the So's for making it all possible. SORRY TO HERE ABOUT YOUR CAR CAPTAIN MORRONI

Re: Utah State Sniper Shoot Sept 10-11, 2011 Pics

We hope to get all the detailed scores posted soon. I'm sorry about the delay, thanks for understanding. We are doing all we can.

I'm composing a notice that will be sent to all on my email list to address all the comments and suggestions we've got. Have got a lot of ideas. I thought I'd send all the info to everyone. I'll put it here and on my website too (as soon as I get access to it, my kid is building a new one again)

I really appreciate comments and other help too and we try to steal as much as possible from other shooting matches. We are always trying to make things better.

Clint

Re: Utah State Sniper Shoot 2011 Pics,video,scores

Ben is still rebuilding the website after it crashed a few weeks ago. I will put up this notice and scores etc. when I can access it again.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Rodney</span> (who put in an unbelievable amount of time and effort putting this match together) is taking comments too, if you have anymore. So feel free to help us make these matches the best possible.

This is the notice I emailed everyone on my email list.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Request:</span>

We are requesting a few minutes of your time to please email Carbon County Commission. Commissioner Jae Potter email [email protected] .

We need to keep these gentlemen informed that we need this facility for the shooting sports. That you appreciate the continued support of the county for maintenance and upgrades.

Please tell him your name, where you are from and thank the county for your experience at the range. Why you came, the group you shot with, if and where you stayed over night and other things you did to spend money in Carbon County.

Tell them of the great potential of this world class facility. Also when and how often you will be visiting in the future. Thank you very much for this few minutes of your time.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Utah State Sniper Shoot 2011 - statement to all concerned.</span>

As we continue to evolve we look forward to your comments. This statement is to answer questions and concerns from the last year and comments, ideas, suggestions, etc. for the next year.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Scoring:</span>

For USSS 2011 we did have a scoring backup plan. We were using it.

We had to make up a plan C when the power went out. We did everything we could to make it happen correctly. All we can do is keep trying.

In the future we'll have SO's or score keepers read out the scores after each stage and shooters will be even more encouraged to check their score at the end of each stage and can keep a running total for themselves if they like, to compare to the end total. Not a new idea, but I'll work harder to make that more easily happen.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Course of Fire:</span>

We had five persons designing stages. There was a huge effort to coordinate scoring, timing, staying within the rules, etc. There was a bolt action “only” stage and a stage the carbine was shot over 100 yards. Sorry about that. It would have been easy to solve. I just missed doing it.

We always try to have difficult to easy targets to hit.

There were a few glitches in understanding the COF. It will be standard procedure for all to do the walk through to answer questions. We will allow more time for that to happen.

I'm not sure we can get the COF any more diversified and complicated. We will keep trying to implement the best safety, timing, explaining and scoring practices.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Equipment:</span>

For 3 ½ years it's been my intention to make as few limits on equipment as possible and only have one class for shooters to enter. (if that hurts anyone, it's me) I enjoy seeing new equipment, skills, ideas, etc.

Because we do practical type shooting matches, we discriminate against most specialty firearms and equipment with having to be safe, accurate, fast, moving with the stage description and shooting from the designated shooting position. All this in the same match. That has seemed to work out very well.

It will always be a slight advantage to have high cap detachable mags, scopes, compensaters and the like. Usually the stage description will minimize the advantage as much as possible.

One rule we did make a while back is that you can only use one rifle per venue or stage and two per match.

One rule we may make soon is to not allow .22 rim fire. (that has already brought up a couple of legitimate questions or concerns which I won't go into now) We have spent a lot of time trying to discriminate against .22 rf by adjustable reactive targets, but some have discriminated against 9 mm too. We'll keep trying though.

Maybe we can have another monthly match dedicated to .22 rf.

<span style="font-weight: bold">The Range:</span>
We like to think we have a world class shooting facility AND we try to use it to the fullest. That's why we end up with such a complicated COF.

<span style="font-weight: bold">The SO's, RO's</span>

These guys were amazing. We had Safety Officers from backgrounds of IDPA, IPSC, NRA, Military, Park City practical rifle matches and some that have just been helping us out for a while. And they were all competitors in the match except a couple that worked just on Saturday.. If that doesn't make things complicated, nothing will. Thanks so much, <span style="font-weight: bold">you did a great job</span>. Many of these guys put in a lot of effort the last couple of days setting up.

I know sometimes there has been a difference of opinion while reading the stage description. I'll try my best to have the stage descriptions written plainly and with all pertinent information.

Oh, did I mention that everyone can keep their “official” red shirts. They will be able to use them next year. How about that?.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Finances:</span>

Many people have sacrificed a lot of time and money to make these shoots happen. Nobody, including myself, have ever made any money off of these. If you don't believe that, I'll send you the bill.

We are officially a “Not for Profit”, NRA affiliated shooting club. Our insurance, North Springs Shooting Range, state & federal government WILL want more money if they even think I have made any money doing these matches.

If you want to discuss this in more detail, please contact me.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Other:</span>

If you would like to plan one of our 2nd Saturday monthly matches around your type of shooting discipline, equipment, teams or specialized course of fire etc., DO IT. Plan a few months in advance so we can advertise what's coming up and then DO IT.

I volunteer to help out with other shoots as much as I can. All matches take volunteer and shooter cooperation, not complaining.

There are a lot of differing ideas about how shooting matches should be run. If you don't like what we do or how it's done, either come and help out, just shoot what you want or don't show up.

Thinking of shortening or changing the name of our main event. “Utah State Shoot” ,“Utah State Shootout”, “Utah State Super Shootout” how does that sound? Does anybody care?

We will need a full crew of volunteers for next year. Also back up people for everything (including MD in case I die of old age). If you don't do it, who will?

Thanks for all the kind words.

Any more questions, comments, ideas, etc., please let us know.

<span style="font-weight: bold">If we're ever in a gun fight, hope we're on the same side. </span>

Clint