• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Utah State Sniper Shoot 2011 Pics,video,scores

Re: Utah State Sniper Shoot Sept 10-11, 2011

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is the monthly on for July?</div></div>
Yes it is

(maybe I forgot to put a notice on the Hide)

We have 80 shooters on the list to shoot and some on the wait list.

If I have told you that you were on the list or #80 or less, send in your registration and money so I get by Aug 1st or lose you spot.

If you have a question if you are on the list or not, OR if you need to cancel out, please email me and let me know.

We have 8 SO teams (one head SO and one asst SO each team) to run 8 squads through 8 venues (4 per day).

We can use some more spotters and score keepers (shooting or not) and could use a back up SO.

If you have contacted me about helping out and I have not communicated with you in the last month, please contact me, we can still use the help. I have about 300 emails plus a lot of phone calls related to the Sept shoot and probably over looked something or someone somewhere.

Rodney has been helping coordinate the volunteers and COF so pay attention to him too.

Here's some pics of the shirt art work and hat. This is the real colors. Unlike the pics I had up here before.
tshirt2011art002.jpg

tshirthat005.jpg

tshirthat006.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">With it being the 10th of sept 11 are we doing something to "never forget"
</div></div>

The guy that designed it said he didn't have room for the date, and so didn't put "never forget" either.

We are doing short sleeve but I told them to throw in a few long sleeve for some special people.

Chiller, I got your check but I need a registration form.

I believe theres a flag on the sleeve of the shirts also. Clint may have been talking about the "never forget 2011" there.

CHILLER - I see youve dropped down to #4 on the top posters list... whats up with that?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rocca</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I believe theres a flag on the sleeve of the shirts also. Clint may have been talking about the "never forget 2011" there.

CHILLER - I see youve dropped down to #4 on the top posters list... whats up with that? </div></div>

so is there a "never forget 2001"..??

I will work on improving my lie (ban the top 3..??..??)

There's no "Never Forget" on the shirt or hat. The shirt is like I had pics up a few days ago. Utah Shootouts logo on the front, USA on the right sleeve and Utah State Sniper Shoot 2011 with picture on the rear. Color was pretty bad from the pictures I took so I took them down and put up the art work I had for the shirt back side.

That is a good idea to put it on the hat. Only problem is the cost to do them all. I really liked the eagle hat. I knew after I gave hats away to the help I would be loosing money on them. The hat lady still has the hats and can embroider the never forget or maybe even with the date on the back or the left side, I think for three dollars per hat. Maybe anyone who wanted that could let me know and pay the 3 bucks when they sign in at the match.

I got enough hats and shirts for 80 shooters, plus the help. We have had a lot not pay yet and quite a few drop out. The last couple days I've told everyone that contacted me that they were on the list to shoot.

Hope we get back up to 80 to shoot, we got a great group of SO's to run the 8 squads through the COF.

Rodney, I'll be calling you to update you, Looks like we even got a back up SO now.

Clint

Chiller- Is this the gear youll be wearing in Sept? I'm not sure it will work.
chiller.jpg

Your belt will need a loop for the inverted repel venue. Unless you have something else to tie off on.
Looking good!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">should I wear the Multicam or A-TACS...???...??
</div></div>

Both, mix it up

My wife loves it when I where two different camo patterns at the same time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Moroni</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">should I wear the Multicam or A-TACS...???...??
</div></div>

Both, mix it up

My wife loves it when I where two different camo patterns at the same time. </div></div>

As long as I am not wearing white after Labor Day......

Utah State Sniper Shoot 2011 Update

After we had up to 85 on the shooter list, as of August 1st, we have several openings again because of cancellations and not paying.

You may let me know you want to be on the list (whether you were on it before or not) to reserve your spot and then send in your registration. I will then give you one week to get it to me. I will keep you informed as to your status of being on the shooter list or standby list.

We've ordered enough shirts and hats for 80 shooters, so you will still get one of each. More importantly you'll get the chance to have a lot of fun with the shooting sports.

Remember we have one more shooting match before September on August 13. Got some fun stuff planned. Details are on the web site www.utahshootouts.com Click on monthly match and then on the date.

Ben just built another website. There are a few things to do yet like add links to all the videos we've taken. If you want to see some of the videos you can go to youtube and type in utah shootouts and click on desertratdad to access all our videos.

Thanks,
Clint

Chiller- look what I got.
hat1.jpg

hat3.jpg

hat5.jpg

hat6.jpg

I'll trade it to you for your skirt.

Clint tried to have your message put on the back but they said that because of the eyelets on the back the print would have to be so small it didnt look good. So they put it on the left side.

We only had a few printed this way. The rest are blank on the side like the original pic in this thread. IF you want one like this let me or Clint know so we can make sure we have enough. The cost to have the print added on the side is an extra $5.00 so even though you will get a hat for free at the match if you want it to include the message on the side it will cost $5.00. We need to know ASAP though or we wont have time to get them printed up.

Official Shooter List changes every day.

For many different reasons, registration is open again.

Whether you were on the list before or not, just let me know you want to shoot (till we get up to 80 again) and send in your registration and check.

Registration is on the website www.utahshootouts.com go to USSS and click on USSS 2011. It has all the info, rules & registration form.

We have a great group of sixteen Range Safety Officers that have volunteered to run the 8 squads through the course of fire.

It took most of a year to find this many and get them all oriented or trained, so lets get this thing filled up.

COF will be similar to last Saturday
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GILVUUCMbCE
or other matches.

Any questions call or email Clint

801 599 1574 [email protected]

For those that dont already know. It would be a good idea to bring elbow and knee pads. You will be doing a bit of crawling.

If your worried about keeping your brass on the over the edge Carbine shooting youll want to have a brass catcher. If your brass goes out to or over the edge you wont be allowed to recover it during the match. We dont want to tell your loved ones thats why you fell 70 feet and twisted your ankle (possibly even worse).

Despite what Tucker was told, Mohawks ARE NOT required.

Just sent out emails to 200+ saying the same thing as up a couple of posts.

If anyone wants to get monthly emails just let me know.

We'll have a crew out there at the range again this weekend prepping.

We will have enough hats and shirts for up to 80 shooters (plus all the help).

The wife and kids are gearing up to feed 100 +

Look forward to seeing YOU there

We are heading out to the range tonight. Be there till mid Sunday. If anybody else wants to help set up over the edge or we have some new reactive targets to try to destroy if you want to help try.

Schedule:
Sign in, meetings, dinner, awards, & prizes will be done in the kitchen area at the cowboy town.

Sat. Sept 10
SO mtg. 11:00 am
Mandatory Shooter mtg. 12:00 noon
Shooting starts 1:00 pm
Shooting ends 7:00 pm

Sun. Sept 11
Orientation 6:30 am
Shooting starts 7:00 am
Shooting ends 1:00 pm
Dinner, prizes and awards 1:00 to 3:00 pm

We have slots available for shooters. Contact Clint to be put on the list. 801 599 1574 [email protected] or pm me.

We are getting a prize table put together. A rifle, a barreled upper or two, lots of projectiles, data books, gift certificates, etc., etc. I'll try to get a list of sponsors up here soon, and maybe a shooter list.

See ya, Clint

Re: Utah State Sniper Shoot Sept 10-11, 2011-Update

The range will be open as usual on the week of the USSS (Wednesday through Sunday).

We will be setting up occasionally on the 100,600 and 1000 yd ranges, but mostly early or when customers need to set up their own targets anyway.

Every place else will stay closed because we are setting up and don't want to get shot at (<span style="font-weight: bold">we will return fire</span>).

You are welcome to wander around anywhere though.

Clint

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rocca</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Chiller- look what I got.
hat1.jpg

hat3.jpg

hat5.jpg

hat6.jpg

I'll trade it to you for your skirt.

Clint tried to have your message put on the back but they said that because of the eyelets on the back the print would have to be so small it didnt look good. So they put it on the left side.

We only had a few printed this way. The rest are blank on the side like the original pic in this thread. IF you want one like this let me or Clint know so we can make sure we have enough. The cost to have the print added on the side is an extra $5.00 so even though you will get a hat for free at the match if you want it to include the message on the side it will cost $5.00. We need to know ASAP though or we wont have time to get them printed up.
</div></div>

Hope you put me down.

Re: Utah State Sniper Shoot Sept 10-11, 2011 - List

Thank goodness we got someone to put down all the time.

Me and Rodney are out at the range all weekend putting finishing touches to the COF.

See you guys in a few days

Round count looks like it will be closer to 100 each firearm, rather than the 175 maximum.

That does not include sight in and practice ammo.

Clint,

Will there be time Saturday morning prior to SO meeting and safety meeting for shooters to dope from 600-1000 yard range?

Fud

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FUDwacked</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Clint,

Will there be time Saturday morning prior to SO meeting and safety meeting for shooters to dope from 600-1000 yard range?

Fud </div></div>

100, 600 & 1000 ranges will be open for business. Everyone can shoot all they want.

Please people, don't shoot any other areas we will be using. There will be some set up that has to be done on Saturday morning.

Everyone is welcome to wonder around and see what there is to shoot.

It is unlikely that I can come Friday, I plan to be there early Saturday, trying to get dope from 600 to 1K, and then get my rear end to the SO meeting. What time are those guys opening the gate?

Who all are camping out Saturday night? I plan on bringing a tent. What is available to us? Cowboy town?

Im hoping to be there friday mid morning.
There are Two camping spots plus the Cowboy town parking lot.
I think there might be a cowboy shoot saturday so ask at the gatehouse if its ok to camp in the cowboy town parking lot.

23 stages (26 if you count the Wack-a-Mole challenge [pop ups] as 4 stages) at 7 venues.

Total - 1963 possible points
Rifle :
93 Rounds 1472 Points
Carbine:
70 Rounds 245 points
Pistol:
82 rounds 246 points

Theres your Round count as of right now. I think its all pretty nailed down now so if its different than this it will only be by a few rounds.

Dont forget ammo for sight in, side shoot, etc.
AND we plan to have a side shoot of a deck of cards. 5 shots at 200 yards. The target will cost you $5.00. When everyone thats going to shoot it is done we will turn them all over and see who has the best poker hand. Winner gets a cash prize. Ties split it. (Or we can have a UFC match to settle it.) For you non-gamblers... This is <span style="font-weight: bold">not</span> a side bet shoot. You are paying for a target to compete with. The cash prize does, oddly enough, match the exact $ amount that was spent on targets by the shooters. (Weird huh?) Anyway, just wanted to clear that up. Oh YES, you will need 5 rounds for this side shoot so add that t your round count for whichever gun you plan to shoot it with.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FUDwacked</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is unlikely that I can come Friday, I plan to be there early Saturday, trying to get dope from 600 to 1K, and then get my rear end to the SO meeting. What time are those guys opening the gate? </div></div>

The gate usually opens around 8:30 I think but we will probably open it earlier if we hear someone standing on top of their Xterra at the gate singing "Single Ladies" with choreography of course.

I can see about getting the gate open right around sun up.

My phone # is 801-427-3431 if anyone needs to get ahold of me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FUDwacked</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Clint,

Fud </div></div>

You should have 2 hours or so for sight in prior to the safey meeting. We should have everything set up and ready by friday night.

I'll see about keeping the gate unlocked Friday night and probably Saturday night too.

My verizon phone seems to work pretty good here at the range. Unlike ATT. So if you got questions you can call too. Same number 801 599 1574 works.

I'll check posts here a couple times a day.

You can call Rodney too, that guy seems to know quite a bit. His number is up a couple of posts.

I guess I asked the wrong guy. They will lock the gate about 10:30 pm Friday night. Open it about 7:00 am Saturday. Probably the same the next night.

If you arrive during the locked time or need to leave, just call Rodney, he will be glad to unlock it for you. (or call me too, I can do it in my sleep)

Got guys showing up. Have plenty of room for more shooters, just call ahead.

If I don't answer the phone, call again.

From a cancellation, I have a paid spot for someone that wouldn't otherwise make it. Call Clint 801 599 1574.

Drive safe, we need you here.