• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

V-22 to 1160yds

Pondskipper

Private
Minuteman
May 31, 2012
Theodore al
Managed to get the ol vudoo to 1160yds today!

Attachments

• 6BBE3337-F9E9-460E-845B-8A1F93035CE8.jpeg
    6BBE3337-F9E9-460E-845B-8A1F93035CE8.jpeg
    178.6 KB · Views: 270
  • 7D8E9AC0-FEA2-4EBB-98F7-7D1FA82E67A9.jpeg
    7D8E9AC0-FEA2-4EBB-98F7-7D1FA82E67A9.jpeg
    731.5 KB · Views: 279
Good shooting. Was it tough at first figuring out how much elevation to get there? I bet spotting a miss was a bitch haha

I changed ammo from when I shot to 1004 a few months back and we had basically zero data for the new stuff so it took a little work to get it on at 1160, actually way overshot the target initially. As for spottting misses, there was forward observers helping look for them but I could actually see the splashes through the scope, once we figured out what was going on I managed to get three rounds on target from the second mag.

if you can do it once repeat it and go for the world record its only 600 yards or less, get your name as a record holder . you can do it nice shot bye the way .

Thanks man! Not going for world records just pushing my limit personally but as far as I know, this is the absolute longest distance anyone anywhere has ever shot a 22LR, more of an exhibition sort of thing but it’s still getting there none the less and I’ll keep pushing until it won’t.

This may have been covered in your 1006 thread, but specs on rifle? Barrel length, contour, and chamber? I'm assuming 16" twist?

This may have been covered in your 1006 thread, but specs on rifle? Barrel length, contour, and chamber? I'm assuming 16" twist?
It’s v-22 vudoo with a 22” mtu ACE Barrel, in a cadex chassis, nightforce 7-35 atacr, 30 moa spuhr mount, send it level, atlas super cal, thunderbeast 22TD, timney Calvin elite trigger, Taccom HQ macro Charlie tarac with a delta in front of it. Just a standard 1 in 16 twist

Last edited:
Great job Pondskipper! Curious to what ammo and twist rate you are using to make these kind of shots.

How much additional elevation does that macro charlie give you? I was going to change out the rail on my .22 from a 20moa to a 40moa, but when I looked at my drop tables the extra incline was only going to net me another 75yd worth of elevation.

Did you get the delta at the same time as the charlie? I’m guessing at a certain point without it you’d be looking at your barrel in the scope huh.

if you can do it once repeat it and go for the world record its only 600 yards or less, get your name as a record holder . you can do it nice shot bye the way .

What distance is the world record?

440 Yards

Congratulations to Micheal Chang on his new 22LR Rimfire World Record at 440 Yards. He set this new WR while shooting at the Desert Sportsman's Rifle & Pistol Club's 22 ELR Event.
The New Rimfire World Record now sits at... - Applied ...
www.facebook.com › AppliedBallisticsLLC › posts › th...

so not even 600 yards lol while the pcp air rifle's record is like 1400 + yards lol while other people like the guy who made this post have shot further mark and sam had a video somewhere in the 1k range there shots were not entered into the world record books not sure how that all works .

well then call the people who do the records and get your name in the books , records are meant to be broken maybe it will be your time to shine .good luck you can do it .

Last edited:
440 Yards

Congratulations to Micheal Chang on his new 22LR Rimfire World Record at 440 Yards. He set this new WR while shooting at the Desert Sportsman's Rifle & Pistol Club's 22 ELR Event.

so not even 600 yards lol while the pcp air rifle's record is like 1400 + yards lol

I figured it would be a longer shot than that. I practice with mine fairly often out to 300.

if they could do you I see no reason you can't do it as well

440 Yards

so not even 600 yards lol while the pcp air rifle's record is like 1400 + yards lol while other people like the guy who made this post have shot further mark and sam had a video somewhere in the 1k range there shots were not entered into the world record books not sure how that all works .

Yeah I actually went to 1004 and have it on video just after mark and Sam made theirs. Went 4 out of 10 that day and first impact on third shot.

Attachments

• 4DFC9AF8-45E2-48DA-B807-FEA91BDD4C15.png
    4DFC9AF8-45E2-48DA-B807-FEA91BDD4C15.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 41
I was maxed out in elevation and holding over 4.8 to hit 430, wish I could stretch it to 500 but I’ll need to step into tacomhq territory to make that happen.

It’s v-22 vudoo with a 22” mtu ACE Barrel, in a cadex chassis, nightforce 7-35 atacr, 30 moa spuhr mount, send it level, atlas super cal, thunderbeast 22TD, timney Calvin elite trigger, Taccom HQ macro Charlie tarac with a delta in front of it. Just a standard 1 in 16 twist
May have missed it, but how many MOA are you running in the scope base in addition to the 30 MOA in the Sphur mount?

Congratulations! Can you tell us about your optics, add-ons, prism(?), mounts and rings?

May have missed it, but how many MOA are you running in the scope base in addition to the 30 MOA in the Sphur mount?
The chassis has a 30moa rail on top of the 30moa in the spuhr mount for a total of 60 moa. the Charlie was set at 90 mils and I added 24 in the scope for a total of 114 to get it to 1160

Congratulations! Can you tell us about your optics, add-ons, prism(?), mounts and rings?
It’s got a 7-35 nightforce atacr on it with mil XT reticle, 30 moa spuhr mount, and the chassis has a 30moa integrated continuous rail. The Charlie was set at 90 mils and I added 24 in the scope to reach 1160yds

The chassis has a 30moa rail on top of the 30moa in the spuhr mount for a total of 60 moa. the Charlie was set at 90 mils and I added 24 in the scope for a total of 114 to get it to 1160

Thanks. Leaning towards swapping my 30 moa base for 60 on the V-22 to push out to 600 yd territory with the NF 7-35 ATACR.

Viper pst gen 1 4-16x50 on a 20moa rail, 22” bbl mkii-tr. Think its in warne or weaver rings.
Looks like it’s got 75moa total travel, which isn’t enough to put it on a 40moa rail but you could call Murphy Precision and see if they would make you a 35moa rail for it and that would allow you to use basically all the available internal adjustment in the scope. Great company and do awesome work at a very reasonable price.

The newer ones have 100 moa of travel, but even with a 40 you're winding out the scope and placing your zero really close to maximum of the erector, and that is not a good idea. While you don't need to be dead center and waste all that elevation, you don't want your zero to be near the limit either, or at least that's my understanding. @koshkin ?

You are way better off getting one of the prisms to add elevation rather than trying to redline your scope into doing it.

The newer ones have 100 moa of travel, but even with a 40 you're winding out the scope and placing your zero really close to maximum of the erector, and that is not a good idea. While you don't need to be dead center and waste all that elevation, you don't want your zero to be near the limit either, or at least that's my understanding. @koshkin ?

You are way better off getting one of the prisms to add elevation rather than trying to redline your scope into doing it.

Some scopes do better at the adjustment edge than others, but it generally a good practice to stay 5-10% away from the edge.

ILya

No issues running the NF 7-35 with 60 for sure and yes it’s a new one, mil XT reticle. Had Paul at mile high run it all the way down, zero the turret and run it all the way up and it’s got 37 mils internal travel total and even bottomed out it’s still perfectly clear with no parallax issues. He left if bottomed out when he sent it to me so I could see it for myself.