• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors VA HB 961 Bans Silencers

jerryrva

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Nov 15, 2018

18.2-308.10. Import, sale, possession, etc., of silencers; penalty.
A. For purposes of this section, "silencer" means any device for silencing, muffling, or diminishing the report of a firearm, including any part or combination of parts designed or intended for use in assembling or fabricating such a device.
B. It is unlawful for any person to import, sell, transfer, manufacture, purchase, possess, or transport a silencer. A violation of this section is punishable as a Class 6 felony.
C. The provisions of this section shall not apply to (i) any government officer, agent, or employee, or member of the Armed Forces of the United States, to the extent that such person is otherwise authorized to acquire or possess a silencer and does so while acting within the scope of his duties; (ii) the manufacture of a silencer by a firearms manufacturer for the purpose of sale to any branch of the Armed Forces of the United States or to a law-enforcement agency in the Commonwealth for use by that agency or its employees, provided that the manufacturer is properly licensed under federal, state, and local laws; or (iii) the sale or transfer of a silencer to any branch of the Armed Forces of the United States or to a law-enforcement agency in the Commonwealth for use by that agency or its employees.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: nikonNUT
Since there is no provision for keeping suppressors currently in possession like they have written into this bill for assault firearms if you want to pay $50 for a permit, I guess there is no benefit to having the FBI background check.

Unfortunately all those movies and tv shows with whisper quiet rifles with suppressors have shewed the view of those in the uninformed public eye. My wife was disappointed that my suppressor on my 6.5 Creedmoor wasn't very quiet when I was target shooting in the back yard. Although no doubt she will be pleased that I was able use the word "skewed" in a post!

Where is this bill in the process of actually passing? We'll have to see what, if anything, actually passes.

I think you mean start organizing people's militias....
ya.. being in a militia is cool and all.. how many folks are going to be willing to kill the person that try's to come and get their suppressor, 10 rd mag, ar etc... might get one or two folks but the masses most certainly won't

If everyone who is talking about the boogalo and militias, just got out to vote we would not be talking about Virginia right now...you got to play the game if you want to win it!

ya.. being in a militia is cool and all.. how many folks are going to be willing to kill the person that try's to come and get their suppressor, 10 rd mag, ar etc... might get one or two folks but the masses most certainly won't

words of a british supporter sounds like

Reactions: deersniper
Last night the governor gave his state of Virginia speech at the opening of legislative session. He once again pushed for his eight measures of gun laws that don't violate the 2nd amendment.

"Every one of these proposals has passed constitutional muster. Other states have passed them into law. They were drafted by your own attorneys at Legislative Services, and teams of lawyers have reviewed them,”

Nope. Most people are all talk especially when it comes to taking action involving hard core prison time.

words of cowards. you guys should really read into the history of the revolutionary war. do you think those people including general george washington cared about prison time....

words of cowards. you guys should really read into the history of the revolutionary war. do you think those people including general george washington cared about prison time....
we shall see won't we.. my bet is nothing will happen.

• Angry
Reactions: whoreable
we shall see won't we.. my bet is nothing will happen.
Maybe you should come on over to the Holocaust Museum in the metro Detroit area and ask the last Remaining survivors a few questions about NOTHING will happen. Heck I'll buy your ticket for you.

• Haha
Reactions: whoreable
Maybe you should come on over to the Holocaust Museum in the metro Detroit area and ask the last Remaining survivors a few questions about NOTHING will happen. Heck I'll buy your ticket for you.
and what the fuck does the holocaust have anything to do with what i am saying...
the goverment is going to pass a bunch of bs gun laws. and the fine folks are going to have to sue to get them blocked.. there's not going to be mass killing of cops or feds or anybody in the government..
i find it funny you think the people in cali, ny or any other state that the liberals have passed these laws have killed a bunch of people over it.. nothing has happed just like nothing will happen now.. donate to the right places to help them..

Reactions: Jeeper48
Are you comparing hitler rounding up Jews and putting them in gas chambers to the state of Virginia infringing on the 2nd amendment.

Are you comparing hitler rounding up Jews and putting them in gas chambers to the state of Virginia infringing on the 2nd amendment.
Are you not aware of what happens every time the public is disarmed a abd the commies take over ?

B29C70ED-AE80-4E0F-B5BA-C6BF69B7FC40.jpeg

If 1% resisted they would run out of enforcers very quickly.
The time to fight isn’t when they are at your door. Before or after is a much better time.

5E7C64D6-2CF3-406A-B1D8-5EEBA101389C.png

Ummmmm..............you might want to do a little reading about Hitler getting registration, then ultimately confiscation laws passed, then come back to us. A few more basic parallels than apparently, what you might think. This is very dangerous stuff, is the point.

It is quite simple. The dems/repubs are the same. A one party dictatorship. All infiltrated by the deep state, the globalists. NWO ....agenda21 ....the extermination of 6billion people globally. This does not happen without disarmament.

Some people think I'm absolutely nutz ......they can color me what they will. I live behind enemy lines. In my state, NY, more legislation is being pushed all in the blind name of registration. Serialization of major rifle components. Barrels, AR uppers, stocks .....this is more likely to make suppliers boycott NY. All in the name of "sensible gun laws."

I just donated to VDLC to help their cause.

Great ,,,, I am now officially dragged into another forum concerning gun rights. Not by anyone here. I can't help myself.

We are in a fight for our Liberty and survival.

Reactions: culater
I am a little disappointed that a poster on this site lacks the basic concept concerning the incremental actions of communist/democrats to disarm and control its subjects. Carry on...
Some won't leave their bubble of safety. It has to be popped for their concern to transpire.

Sure he did. That's why he had a plan to move to Fort Valley, VA and live low if the U.S. lost the revolutionary war.