• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Val has made the IOR Recon even better

This thread continues to deliver!
I'm impressed! It's often the sleeper threads that deliver, though the "Marital Advice/Marital Homicide" thread that got nuked this morning would be on the other end of that spectrum...i.e. threads you know would have become epic were they allowed to continue!

My guess, being that this IS the internet, is that he has already bought the IOR Recon, came looking for validation, and is now extremely dissatisfied with his SH experience. Hence the, you guys have never used one and don't know what you're talking about.

I'm impressed! It's often the sleeper threads that deliver, though the "Marital Advice/Marital Homicide" thread that got nuked this morning would be on the other end of that spectrum...i.e. threads you know would have become epic were they allowed to continue!

My guess, being that this IS the internet, is that he has already bought the IOR Recon, came looking for validation, and is now extremely dissatisfied with his SH experience. Hence the, you guys have never used one and don't know what you're talking about.
Lol
Probably so!

I certainly have never used one.
Thanks to SH I got to learn from others mistake on these.
:)

I once owned an IOR 3-18 X 50 tactical model. I bought it when I first got into shooting because of positive positive comments that I saw on You Tube. I wasn’t a frequent user/peruser at the Hide at that time. Anyway, the scope was very dark on 18X and parallax had very little adjustment making it very difficult to get a clear image. Additionally, if you got the rings mounted anywhere near the erector housing the parallax would bind and make strange noises. Also, at the top of the elevation turret’s range the internals would make a squeaking sound like something inside was misaligned and rubbing. The turrets themselves were decent and had nice clicks and feel, and I liked the reticle. I never did a tracking test on it because I didn’t own it for very long. I couldn’t get past the poor image quality on 18x and the squeaky internals. I sold it to a buddy who put it on a Savage in .338. He is fairly happy with it, but he isn’t as discerning a scope consumer as I am. I would not buy another of that model but can see the appeal in some models like the Recon. However, at that price I’d just find a PMII on sale and go with it. That’s what I ultimately did and am very happy with that scope.

Lou

Not here to defend IOR, but take a step back for a second.
The recon G2 is NOT an IOR.
It is something Val has worked out with a Japanese manufacturer.
That is why it is called the Valdada G2.
Making the assumption that a riflescope manufactured in a different country, by a different vendor, for a different company will have the same mechanical issues, solely based on the fact that said company also imports IOR is a bit of a stretch.

Not here to defend IOR, but take a step back for a second.
The recon G2 is NOT an IOR.
It is something Val has worked out with a Japanese manufacturer.
That is why it is called the Valdada G2.
Making the assumption that a riflescope manufactured in a different country, by a different vendor, for a different company will have the same mechanical issues, solely based on the fact that said company also imports IOR is a bit of a stretch.

Hi,

But it is still the same Val right?
The one that illegally used the Snipers Hide name and logo in order to trick potential customers to thinking that Frank had endorsed the product offering??

That carries more penalty time than having shitty scope internals in some peoples book.

Whats funny is that I had unwatched this thread so I would get no alerts to anything in it but then I get tagged back into it by the guy seeking some "hate" on NF, lololol

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: Bender and Bkultra
Hi,

But it is still the same Val right?
The one that illegally used the Snipers Hide name and logo in order to trick potential customers to thinking that Frank had endorsed the product offering??

That carries more penalty time than having shitty scope internals in some peoples book.

Whats funny is that I had unwatched this thread so I would get no alerts to anything in it but then I get tagged back into it by the guy seeking some "hate" on NF, lololol

Sincerely,
Theis
I was speaking merely to the mechanical operation of the scope. Nothing more, nothing less.
Val is NOT IOR and IOR is not Val.

oh_wrestling_youre_so_funny_24.gif

• Wow
Reactions: Secant
That people still buy anything with "IOR" or "Valdata" printed on it really damages my faith in humankind. And I don't have enough left to damage.

But this thread is fun.

For the record, I've owned a few, now own none, and there are very good reasons for that.