• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

VALDADA G2 Recon NEW VADADA CONTENT

I was going to buy Orville Redenbacher stock, but the price per share skyrocketed because of this blog! Now I'm going to have to go lift 275 pounds of concrete!

In honor of my promotion to Sergeant There will be drinks at my house tonight I know all of you guys will there. I have stocked up on Zima , knowing it is the official drink of the snipershide... it should also make you Air Force guys feel right at home

Last edited:
And LowLight just recently had one in his class that wouldn’t hold its own with tracking, and given their history, your money is spent on better, proven optics. But if he wants to spend his money on something like this, all power to him.

Edited to add in pic so there’s no confusion.

The scope in that pic doesn't appear to be a Recon G2.
Taken from another recent IOR thread. Frank talked about this scope on a recent podcast.

View attachment 7403146
The scope in this pic doesn't appear to be a Valdada Recon G2? Or an IO
And LowLight just recently had one in his class that wouldn’t hold its own with tracking, and given their history, your money is spent on better, proven optics. But if he wants to spend his money on something like this, all power to him.

Edited to add in pic so there’s no confusion.
The scope in this pic doesn't appear to be a Valdada Recon G2? Or an IOR for that matter. What gives?

The scope in that pic doesn't appear to be a Recon G2.

The scope in this pic doesn't appear to be a Valdada Recon G2? Or an IO

The scope in this pic doesn't appear to be a Valdada Recon G2? Or an IOR for that matter. What gives?
did you stutter or did you actually mean to send the same message 4 times.? I'm not too sure what kind of scope that is either honestly

That's an older fixed power IOR. Likely one of the 56mm objective models.

I think they had a 10x56 and a 16x56 a while back.

ILya
Thank you. Just curious...how long ago did the problems occur that everyone here reports?

That's an older fixed power IOR. Likely one of the 56mm objective models.

I think they had a 10x56 and a 16x56 a while back.

ILya
I got to admit that bothers me a bit. Now now I'm not trying to open up that can again. And I do know what you said about them which was very slimy about a bribe . But It just seems like a lot of people took that one review and ran away with it. We all remember how Leopold's start having problems after you put a few thousand rounds with them but we don't use that and say Leopold's are garbage. So if that was an old scope during the review I don't know if that's the Benchmark we should be using.... The old Mike would take a jab at Nightforce. Now don't worry Bueller Bueller

I got to admit that bothers me a bit. Now now I'm not trying to open up that can again. And I do know what you said about them which was very slimy about a bribe . But It just seems like a lot of people took that one review and ran away with it. We all remember how Leopold's start having problems after you put a few thousand rounds with them but we don't use that and say Leopold's are garbage. So if that was an old scope during the review I don't know if that's the Benchmark we should be using.... The old Mike would take a jab at Nightforce. Now don't worry Bueller Bueller

That was not a review. Just a scope someone brought to Frank's class.

Many people over the years reviewed many IOR scopes. You are seeing the collective aftermath of those experiences.

ILya

That was not a review. Just a scope someone brought to Frank's class.

Many people over the years reviewed many IOR scopes. You are seeing the collective aftermath of those experiences.

ILya
10-4

Anyway, all jokes aside, originally IOR went to 40mm tubes because of their machining limitations. They had a hard time machining small pieces precisely enough out of the materials they had available to them.

On top of that, they had fairly dismal luck making side focus scopes without significant hysteresis and other issues, so they came up with that front parallax adjustment ring right behind the objective bell, but making it work properly also required a little extra space. It is essentially a smaller version of the zoom mechanism used for the magnification, except the moving piece is the parallax lens group. Side focus turrets have a slightly different parallax cell (I've got a video on that coming) that can, potentially fit in a slightly smaller tube.

The fact that in America people still associate bigger with better turned out to be a bonus.

ILya
Interesting

Reactions: adubeau

Aha, here's some turret spinning for yuh, and of course to stir things up again.

Gee, after that cyclops review, I'm thinking I have mortgage our house and put one of these on each of my rifles. lolololol

Nah, he got curb stomped, the crawfished and said “I was just kidding guys, really.” Meanwhile he’s spent the past 3 days wiping the analease off of his g2 recon before posting it in the px...

The quality of Valdada/IOR/ whatever he names the company next speaks for itself. He has Cyclops pumping up his $2800 scope in a review and the turret hash marks don't even line up when he is dialing in the video😂.

Yes Cyclops is funny. I just never heard him give a bad review though I'm sure he has.

energizer-bunny-gif-7.gif

Clearly this is a subject that has its fingertips on the pulse of the shooting community. This thread will go down in the annals of this great forum. A true Benchmark has been obtained... Meow

Aha, here's some turret spinning for yuh, and of course to stir things up again.

You have to give Joe credit: he is a funny guy and that's a very nice advertising video.

ILya

You have to give Joe credit: he is a funny guy and that's a very nice advertising video.

ILya

I met Joe last year at an airgun match called the EBR/Extreme Benchrest. He's exactly like he is in the videos. Humble, Funny, and down to earth type of guy. I liked him alot!

Over here on SH I just wanted to see what would happen if I posted his video.

Reactions: Michael W
Okay you jackalopes, whiners and naysayers. I Actually used a Recon G2 yesterday. This is not the old one made by IOR that you see everyone talking about on this site but the new one.
So here's the story. I went out shooting with some old buddies and a new guy at Altus shooting Solutions in Florida(my home range). The new guy had a drum roll please.... Valdada Recon G2. We instantly became BFFs.
My first impression is that the scope was ... it looks like a baseball bat painted black.
Fit and finish are as good as my Schmidt and Bender. It comes with Tenebraex lense caps .. my S&B came with Butler Creek Junk. The turrets are not locking. But have very positive clicks. The magnification adjustment is stiff. The Parallax is amazing I was able to set it for around seven hundred yards but was able to see clearly out past a thousand.
The glass clarity was very very good I compared it to my S&B pm-2 and my buddies Leupold Mark 8 and a Nightforce Beast when comparing these scopes side by side I could not tell the difference between these Optics as far Clarity and overall quality goes.

The the reticle at first seemed a little busy to me but I quickly started really liking the box and dot setup. At Its highest magnification I was able to see clearly side to side top to bottom no hazing at the edges. At low power I didn't notice significant tunneling like my S & B. The reticle was very small and not very useful at its lowest magnification.
We were shooting from range C at Altus. Shooting Steel ranging from 2, 4, 8" round and 12 "square. Starting from 200 yards all the way out to 940 the wind was pretty brisk headwind in about 26 mph I was using a 6.5 Creedmoor with a Curtis Axiom barrel and action with a Trigertech diamond on a MPA chassis with a Griffin armament Optimus suppressor. I was using my Kestrel 5700 for Ballistic calculations.
He supplied the ammunition that he loaded. I'm not exactly sure of the of the ammo so I can't tell you except that it was 147 grains using Lapua brass. I shot 40 rounds through the weapon.
Tracking with dead nuts I mean dead nuts. Throughout its entire range. Absolutely no argument can be made saying this particular scope did not track as good as my S&B or a Nightforce Beast. The eye box was not finicky even at its highest magnification I was able to shoot from strong and weak side ( I shoot about 50% of the time on my weak-side ) without any problems seeing through the optic. No I did not look at group size but was able to consistently hit an 8in round Target at 940 yards in less than optimal conditions( yes I do know the weapon has a lot to do this)

A gentleman next to me what shooting a 338 Lapua. When looking through the optic I did not see any Jitter or Shake in the reticle from the concussion of his shot.
Now I know none of these so-called test I did are scientific or definitive in any way. But I don't know how many of you guys actually pull out the old mil check board to verify tracking at the range because I sure in the hell didn't. But I have a lot of time behind a scope and I know what is good and I know what is shit and that's good enough for me.

Bottom line is this optic looks and performs like a high-end scope. I asked him what he paid for it because I know the retail is like over $3,000 , he told me about $2,200 including rings (40 mm) lens cover and sunshade.

Okay now let's get something straight here ,I don't own this scope so I don't have a dog in this fight but I really can't understand the negative opinion that is prolific on this site. I do understand that the owner of the company may have done some shady shit in the past but I don't care. Because it really has no relevance on how this optic performed when I shot it. I have no idea how this guy will treat you after you buy this thing but neither do you.
Now I don't plan on swaying any of you guys opinions because I really believe a lot of you have already drank the Kool-Aid. But having put my hands on this scope and actually used it in real-world conditions I can't say anything bad about it and if I saw one that was used for a decent price I might even buy it.

Last edited:
See I would never say something like that until I tried both of them. I will tell you its as good as my S&B
What you fail to realize is that IOR made a reticle and scope at Mr. Valdada's request that was supposed to be the Snipers Hide edition. If I recall, that reticle ended up being the MP-8 reticle.

Frank got fucked out of any share of that. IOR and Mr. Valdada from then on have been maligned and hated.

Most on here don't even realize that Valdada and IOR are two different companies in two different countries.

IOR sucks because they made the scope. Anything Valdada imports is automatically considered IOR...and therefore it sucks.

It doesn't matter wether the scope is made by LOW in Japan. It is imported by Valdada and therefore it sucks by association.

Reactions: Michael W
What you fail to realize is that IOR made a reticle and scope at Mr. Valdada's request that was supposed to be the Snipers Hide edition. If I recall, that reticle ended up being the MP-8 reticle.

Frank got fucked out of any share of that. IOR and Mr. Valdada from then on have been maligned and hated.

Most on here don't even realize that Valdada and IOR are two different companies in two different countries.

IOR sucks because they made the scope. Anything Valdada imports is automatically considered IOR...and therefore it sucks.

It doesn't matter wether the scope
is made by LOW in Japan. It is imported by Valdada and therefore it sucks by association.

Yea!! And because its an IOR, It don't track either! 😆

Last edited:
Well, then... Clearly you don't know Quigley Ford...!
No I haven't that's why I wont talk bad about it .I mean if we where discussing Maxi pads vs Tampax I could appreciate your opinion .But alas we are not

It doesn't matter wether the scope is made by LOW in Japan. It is imported by Valdada and therefore it sucks by association.
I really think these guys on here believe me an old Val have a torrid love affair. while that may be true ...I really have no clue about the man and what he currently does or did in the past .

Ill edit my post, to make my intent more clear..

It was thinly veiled sarcsm, to poke fun at all the posts insisting that, despite being made by LOW, it sucks because its an IOR.