• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Varget heads up - Austin, TX - tons of powder!

psywar

Private
Minuteman
Jul 19, 2002
Austin, TX
www.stiefelmaier.com
At 2pm on Friday 3/6/09 I stopped by McBrides Guns (one of the largest shops in town).

They had two boxes full of 1 lb. cannisters of Varget. More than I've ever seen in Austin in one place...

They had several unopened boxes of various Reloader and Alliant powders. Red dot, Blue dot, Unique, RE15, RE17, etc...

AND the shelves were already stocked full with cannisters of powder.

They even had 175 gr. SMKs
smile.gif

They only had 1000 CCI large rifle primers, I bought 500, left 500 - though tempted to buy them all, I wanted to level some primers on the shelves to reproduce and grow
wink.gif

They had 1000's of Winchester large pistol primers on the shelves.

I hope this helps some of us powder poor Texans find some Varget!

cheers,
psywar

Re: Varget heads up - Austin, TX - tons of powder!

What kind of prices are they getting for a pound? Was just curious how our prices of 27.99 per pound compared.

Mike

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bowtie4x4295</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What kind of prices are they getting for a pound? Was just curious how our prices of 27.99 per pound compared.

Mike </div></div>

$25.95 a lb.... which sucks because just 2 weeks ago they had it for $21.95!

Still I bought 2 lbs. Now I have 8 lbs. of Varget in total, which is the lowest I want to have on hand from now on.

cheers,
psywar

Holly Shit!! $25.95 a pound? Talk about highway robery.

Henderson, NV, $29.95/lb.

I think it was 19 1-lb bottles on the shelf.

I passed.

Only stuff I've seen in 3 months.

Shit, our local gunshop is selling the Varget for $31/lb. I really want to support my local gunshop but their prices are ridiculous. They were also selling cheap AR mags for $25 a piece - Ha! What a joke.

Joey,

I buy powder and primers at Harbor reloading in Clearwater. Thier prices are rising as well, but I bought Varget, W748 and RL-15 for $25.95 last week. It's definitely gone up over just the last two months but available.

Don't tell Mrs. QQ...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Joey,

I buy powder and primers at Harbor reloading in Clearwater. Thier prices are rising as well, but I bought Varget, W748 and RL-15 for $25.95 last week. It's definitely gone up over just the last two months but available.

Don't tell Mrs. QQ...</div></div>

Dont worry I wont tell... if the price is right (5# of Varget should do it). Haha! Thanks bud.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: psywar</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bowtie4x4295</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What kind of prices are they getting for a pound? Was just curious how our prices of 27.99 per pound compared.

Mike </div></div>

$25.95 a lb.... which sucks because just 2 weeks ago they had it for $21.95!

Still I bought 2 lbs. Now I have 8 lbs. of Varget in total, which is the lowest I want to have on hand from now on.

cheers,
psywar </div></div>

That is Joe for you, he'll screw you and you won't even get a kiss. He's been that way for the last four decades I've known him.

Holy smokes!!! After seeing some of the prices others are paying for powder i'm never gonna complain about paying 22 bucks a pound for powder again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: samson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Holy smokes!!! After seeing some of the prices others are paying for powder i'm never gonna complain about paying 22 bucks a pound for powder again. </div></div>

$22 a pound and no hazmat fee? I say buy all you can. The days of $20 powder are over. All the 8 lb. jugs of varget that I see online are marked ~$145 and they are not even in stock!

-psywar

Well not everywhere. I just had my dad pick me up 6 lbs of H4350 today for right at $22 w/tax. He bought 4lbs, called me to let me know cause I had been looking for some. Said they had 2 more so I asked him to go back inside and get the other 2. Guess i'm glad I did. I hate to be so hoggish about it but things are getting so hard to come by I just get it when I see it whether I need it or not.

Sure glad I bought 40lbs of Varget Six months ago.

Over a month ago in Dallas I saw prices above $27 per pound. I almost shit my drawers right there.

The reason they have Varget is because I am in Florida right now. I usually stop by since I know when the powder comes in. The price of powder has gone up and I knew this was coming weeks ago. Cant blame them since they only raised the price when the distributer did.

I know powder valley does not have it in stock right now but their price still says 131.00 for 8lbs. It is always the same price as benchmark and that hasn't changed lately. Whoops, benchmark is out also. Heck, I just bought a couple of jugs a couple of days ago and it is already here.