• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Varget, What is it selling for a lbs?

Last I saw of any out by Martinsburg it was ~$29 per pound. That being said I aint seen it in quite some time.

Shit, ill pay 40 a lb for some varget+ shipping and hazmat if anyone can get some, preferably 8 lb jugs, or more than 3-4 lbs

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Found 4350 and 4831 at Bass Pro in Colorado Springs last week. Around $28 a pound.

Last edited:
Per a number of industry sources, given the current state of power availability, Hodgdon is not currently packing the high demand powder in the 8 pound containers, they are only filling the 1 pound containers. This is so they can more easily spread it around and retailers can "ration it out better".

If you find any 8 pounders, they were probably already in the system.

As such, I would not wait or spend a lot of time looking for 8 pounders, if you can find the 1 pounders you had probably better buy them for at least the immediate future.

It was in stock at Midsouth for $21.36/lb earlier this week, I didn't order as I have a little.

Must be a regional thing. I had a quantity up for trade here on the Hide last fall. Ended up trading 33 lbs. out and selling 15- 20 lbs more. With the trading considered I probably averaged a bit less than $20 a pound. I lost nothing, plundered no one and all partys were happy.
Just my take but I have found it near as easy to find larger quantities ( bulk, kegs ) as it is to find a quantity of smaller containers. Just have to be willing to tie up the $$$

I have 16lbs on the way from Powder Valley @ $23/lb. Sold 12lb to my coworkers for cost, keeping the other 4.

could someone please tell me where I can get at least 8lbs in SoCal...Ill drive or order online just need a minumum 8lbs if not more, Thanks!

I'd suggest getting on a backorder list. Any stock that is coming in is largely going to fill backorders. Small amounts of non-backordered Varget show up briefly then quickly sell out. The longer you wait on the sidelines waiting for it to become plentiful on the shelf, the longer you'll wait.

Hodgdon Varget*Smokeless Powder | MidsouthShootersSupply.com = 1 lb.

Hodgdon Varget*Smokeless Powder | MidsouthShootersSupply.com = 8 lb.

I ordered 16 lbs. 1-30-2013. It took several months for my order to fill, but I got it from MidSouth. They haven't raised their prices yet either.

Tonight at a local gun show here in Des Moines, Iowa I was about the 20th person to get in the door and I went right back to the best powder guy there and got a 8# keg for $196 with tax and that comes out to $24.5 a pound. A guy right after I paid for it asked them if they had any more and they told nope that was all they had. Times are tough cause I didn't see anymore in the whole show. I also got 8# of h110 for my 300blk.

Shit, ill pay 40 a lb for some varget+ shipping and hazmat if anyone can get some, preferably 8 lb jugs, or more than 3-4 lbs

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Where on the gulf coast are you? I might let go of some for that price.

Ive just been getting on backorder lists and waiting it out. Order big to last you a long time.

Beaumont area, found some in stock the other day bout 22 miles west, too bad it was the day the Ice blast came through and they shutdown all the roads so i couldn't get to it >.<

I just picked up a couple pounds at Cabela's the other day for $30/lb. They have been getting it in pretty regularly along with H4350, Benchmark, 8208XBR, and H322.

$27.00 a pound on the Al., Ga. Line... Got plenty of anything from the dealers that want sell to hoarders. Even Russian primers. All the Fed. primers you can get by case.

28-29 lb. I can get 1 and 8 lb canisters all day. I have 14 lbs or so and about the same of rl-15. So glad the shortage is over.

Sorry man, their is a lot of unmoral price rapers out there. Sorry man. You will find out who your friends are real fast though.
The only thing I've paid $27 a pound is hazmat !!!! Damn down to my last 9 lbs of H1000
-27 is a bargain for any powder in my neck of the woods I often pay. $40!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had seen Hodgdon was discontinuing a few powders this year but the list I saw didn't include any extreme powders. I hope they are discontinuing it!

Sorry man, their is a lot of unmoral price rapers out there. Sorry man. You will find out who your friends are real fast though.

So, I think some people need to have the record set straight since everyone assumes its gouging. First, there's a tier system for cost when purchasing from distributors that ranges from 1-5 with 1 being the best. That often means smaller shops pay a higher cost. Second, larger quantities are often allocated to larger corporations first which means that some shops are forced to only be able to purchase 1-8lbs at a time (more like 4-5). That means that often these shops pay a $27 hazmat and shipping for a small amount. Lastly, you now have overhead and to even see a 10% margin which sometimes doesn't even cover operating costs you're now stuck charging $40 a pound and $60 a brick just to break even but also get product on the shelf and to the customer. The distributors are the main problem. I saw one LARGE distributor that told a client they had to pay hazmat per every 4lbs.. You guys want to know why 22LR is hard to find in some small shops that never see it? it's because distributors are literally calling the buyers and offering 22lr ONLY if they'll purchase other items of less demand that they want to get moved out of the warehouse.

If anyone is interested I know a shop that has Varget, H1000, CFE Pistol, IMR 4350, IMR 4064, IMR 3031, RL25, and a ton of other powders & primers in-stock and he can ship. It won't be cheap but he has them if you can pay what he has to charge thanks to shady ass vendors.