• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Variety reporting that several celebs were hacked and nude photos were leaked

Secondary link

/b/ - Imgur

we-had-those-pictures-months-ago.jpg

Last edited:
This is hilarious. It seems all the leaks are the work of a single hacker/group of hackers that targeted iCloud. Why would you upload personal photos/videos/data to a third party (cloud storage) across a public network (the Internet) and expect it to remain private? Even better, the lawyers think it's possible to put the toothpaste back in the tube by threatening people with lawsuits.

As a grown man, that was nice. As a Father with a teenage daughter, is was a little disturbing. My wife and I have had lots and lots of talks about using phone cameras and "internet security". It is a different world from when I grew up.

see what those ladies failed to remember was...as soon as they took those pics, the NSA was looking at 'em

Thats exactly what I was thinking. How naive does someone have to be, to take a picture with your phone, and not automatically assume it is public domain. It's not right, and it shouldn't be... but that's the way it is.

They probably had them released on purpose. Remember, "Any publicity is good publicity."

Free press.

Well, I knew Jennifer Lawrence likely went for facials, but I don't think Cover Girl made that cream.

This is hilarious. It seems all the leaks are the work of a single hacker/group of hackers that targeted iCloud. Why would you upload personal photos/videos/data to a third party (cloud storage) across a public network (the Internet) and expect it to remain private? Even better, the lawyers think it's possible to put the toothpaste back in the tube by threatening people with lawsuits.

Good chance users had their iCloud configured to automatically send pics to their iCloud account, thus, when they took these pics they were sent and they did not think/realize it.

Automatic 'anything' is usually NOT a good idea. At least from my experience.

Huge notice for those folks who downloaded archives or are surfing.

AVOID ANYTHING WITH McKayla Maroney or Liz Lee (UNDERAGE)

McKayla Maroney is 18. She claims she was underage when the pictures were taken, but that's difficult, if not impossible, to prove without the original source and associated metadata. I'd say it's more likely that it's just another lie since she initially claimed the pictures weren't even of her. I'd still use caution, of course. Now, assuming that they could prove that she was underage, I don't know how that would play out in the courts.

I have no sympathy for these morons. If you enable automatic uploads (it's opt-in for Dropbox and Google, don't know about iCloud but I could guarantee it's the same), then you asked for this shit to happen. It's very simple: don't trust a third party with private data you aren't prepared to be made public, and don't transmit private data unencrypted/weakly encrypted across a public network. If you don't know what you're doing, don't use the Internet or anything connected to the Internet for anything that involves private matters. Ignoring that, calculate the risk of what you're doing and don't whine when you get burned.

Oh shit, if finally happened. Reddit is leaking into the Hide. Now everyone will know that I'm not a high speed death machine raised on gunpowder and lead. But rather a pleasant Texas boy who enjoys eve-online and X-wingTMG table top gaming. Reddit is a weird place, you've been warned.

1RNYlOF.gif