• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

VECTRONIX IS BACK in the US!

Maybe this will help the Vectronix owners who have warranty issues.

That is a very interesting point, Vectronics has created the impression that they are all about collecting the cash then being done with you. If this new company were to begin collecting units with problems, fixing them quickly and returning them to owners that might go a long way toward rebuilding their rep.

They need a guy like Jerry at Schmidt & Bender, some one who just fixes stuff and takes care of customers.

Naval Criminal Investigation, NCIS ...

They were trying to tag everyone with or talking about any model Vectronix including Terrapins ... they gave us a bit of a headache until we brought others in to show them civilians could buy Vectronix Lasers

what in the actual mother fuck?

vectronix.jpg

Just got my quote back from Optics 1 for a PLRF 10. yes thats more than I paid for the unit...

Last edited:
So as I read that your options are spend $3163 to fix the unit or spend $798 to get back a paperweight or spend $798 for them to throw it out?

Am I reading that right cause that is fucked up if that's the case.

Reactions: solvovir
My terrapin’s number read out is fading out...I was in a solid denial phase for a awhile but it’s getting bad.

I am really happy y’all are taking that position...I should have no trouble getting the Terrapin X I have on order through EURO without any competition

The only RF’s I have never lost $$ or had failures are Swarovski and Vectronix products

Keep it going

Thank you!

Reactions: Emouse
I am really happy y’all are taking that position...I should have no trouble getting the Terrapin X I have on order through EURO without any competition

The only RF’s I have never lost $$ or had failures are Swarovski and Vectronix products

Keep it going

Thank you!

Do you want a cookie for having $2k to gamble on a disposable product?

Reactions: Holliday
Do you want a cookie for having $2k to gamble on a disposable product?

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/us/dictionary/english/forum

Thank you for the offer, but no. If you have read any of my other posts I have had issues, problems, failed units with many other RF units -but never Swarovski or Vectronix.

You know, we may differ on cars/trucks/motorcycles/politics/lifestyle anything everything - the list goes on and never stops - to me that is freedom and A good thing.

If you would rather buy Leica, go ahead. I am not going to criticize your choice or make a smart remark.

I do, however value objective input and experience with products that you and other members have had opportunity to use.

I also realize I have gained far more from people on this forum than I can ever contribute - so thanks for the heads up!

A81C5491-807C-4973-BD2F-4F096D0C7402.jpeg

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/us/dictionary/english/forum

Thank you for the offer, but no. If you have read any of my other posts I have had issues, problems, failed units with many other RF units -but never Swarovski or Vectronix.

You know, we may differ on cars/trucks/motorcycles/politics/lifestyle anything everything - the list goes on and never stops - to me that is freedom and A good thing.

If you would rather buy Leica, go ahead. I am not going to criticize your choice or make a smart remark.

I do, however value objective input and experience with products that you and other members have had opportunity to use.

I also realize I have gained far more from people on this forum than I can ever contribute - so thanks for the heads up!

You made a smart ass post and got a smart ass response. Welcome to the Hide. No reason to justify, appease or back pedal after the fact.

Reactions: QuietShootr
You made a smart ass post and got a smart ass response. Welcome to the Hide. No reason to justify, appease or back pedal after the fact.

This thread was started by Euro. It was intended to to benefit SH members.

Perhaps you should start a new thread to criticize Vectronix instead of stepping all over a reputable vendor who was simply putting out product information.

Just because the majority of comments here slur Vectronix does not mean I need to toe the line with the majority.

You don’t know me at all.

I don’t back pedal

I am not the appeasing type; oh yeh you really don’t know me at all.

As if “Welcome to the Hide” is representative of the majority here.

I don’t have a need to justify anything I stand by what I said, I preordered a Terrapin X and fewer in the market for one means I will get one sooner rather than later.

Done and done, besides I am getting ready for another hike in the morning.

17A64813-CDF1-4BB3-B27A-C7EF5244B063.jpeg

Perhaps you should start a new thread to criticize Vectronix instead of stepping all over a reputable vendor who was simply putting out product information.

Just because the majority of comments here slur Vectronix does not mean I need to toe the line with the majority.

I don’t back pedal

I don’t have a need to justify anything I stand by what I said, I preordered a Terrapin X and fewer in the market for one means I will get one sooner rather than later.

View attachment 6870426
Oh give us a break here. SH is a good place to market gear and people expecting companies to act in an appropriate manner towards their customers here is a reasonable expectation. No one is questioning Euro’s intergty, but instead the manufacturer’s. Euro doesn’t provide the warranty, the manufacturer does.I think the path of this thread was set, when the owner of the SH posted this. Quite the indictment, irrespective of the other posts in this thread:

I think there is still a $14 Million Dollar Lawsuit against them (Vectronix) from Ashbury, not sure that has been resolved yet.

The warranty problems are the number one issues people have. They either have to deal with no support, years of bad support, or like noted, State Dept, Government interference considering the units "military only" or stolen. I had to go through a bunch of hassles as a NCIS tried jacking up the site and it's members over the closeout sale a couple years ago. they wanted the IP of everyone who mentioned a Vectronix and it was one of the only times I openly refused to cooperate with LE on here.

Last edited:
View attachment 6870062

Just got my quote back from Optics 1 for a PLRF 10. yes thats more than I paid for the unit...

God I never knew how bad these guys were. That’s worse service and ethics than a dirty car dealership.

So what happens if you walk away? Are they going to sue you for $800?? Again, awful ethics.

God I never knew how bad these guys were. That’s worse service and ethics than a dirty car dealership.

So what happens if you walk away? Are they going to sue you for $800??

I don’t back pedal

EuroOptics are great people. And for individuals like yourself, who, after being informed of the pit-falls, still desire to buy the product, I'm glad Euro is there to assist. Personally, I doubt that I'd carry Vectronix products myself if I owned a store... Because their shit customer service and warranty policies would invariably, come back to haunt me since I sold the items... even though the responsibility ends after the transaction is completed.

BUT, it's important that people actually know what they are getting into with Vectronix. That is how you REALLY help Hide Members; ensure they know the full situation before pulling the trigger on the product. No one here is shitting on EuroOptic. They are shitting (and rightfully so), on Vectronix. They are a shitty company when it comes to the civilian side; period. IMO, any advertisement of their products should come with a note about what to expect should your shit break outside of the rather short warranty period. Something along the lines of:

"Jim's Supply is proud to announce that we are a stocking dealer for Vectronix as they re-enter the US Consumer Market! The warranty period policies have changed to now start upon initial retail sale of the unit, and covering one (1) year after that date. Note: should your Vectronix product fail after the warranty period, do yourself a favor, toss it in the trash and buy a new one. Vectronix will most likely quote you more than you paid for the unit to repair it, and charge you an $800 handling fee in addition, regardless of how you decide to proceed".

Last spring I found a Vectronix PLRF 15C in a shop for $800. I couldn’t believe my luck! There was no owner’s manual w/ the unit so I asked the guy to hold it for a few days. I also made a few phone calls to everyone I could think of to be sure I wasn’t buying stolen property. I made a post (on the Hide) detailing the incident & asking if anyone had an owners’ manual I could use to function check the unit, etc. Guess what? The unit wouldn’t complete the function check. Also, it stopped accurately ranging objects while I was examining the unit.

I called Vectronix & ultimately their response was “We can fix it, we’ll send you an estimate, etc.”. They also said that as of late summer / fall of last year they would no longer service the unit at all. So, where is the incentive to buy from these guys?

PS Thanks for that owner’s manual Bogey! You saved me a bunch of money.

Reactions: DP425
Always break out the popcorn when I see threads on Vectronix. All I can say is that I own two units, a Terrapin and 25C, and they have both worked flawlessly for me. Given the performance of these units, I was willing to take the risk of ownership since nothing out there today even comes close to their capability of accurately ranging targets at extended ranges. If one of my units may take a dump at some point and will deal with it at that time. In the mean time I'll enjoy their capabilities. Basically a matter of personal preference and the amount of risk one is willing to assume.

Reactions: DP425 and solvovir
Wanted to add a little more to my original post. First off, EuroOptics has always been great do deal with and will continue to get my business. They offer the best products and service.
I had this PLRF for only a few months. I did not purchase it off of here. I also had a terrapin. I decided to sell the PLRF10 to free up some funds. I sold it on here to a guy that was brand new to the forum. He had it for about 6 weeks, when he messaged me and said there seemed to be a problem with the unit. It seemed to work great under 1000 yards, but over 1000 yards it would give no readings. I had honestly not used it over 1000 yards when I sold it, so as far as I knew, it worked fine. I gave him a full refund even though he had it for what I felt like was a considerable amount if time, but it was the right thing to do. I explained I was sorry for the bad deal, and he said he understood and had no bad feelings either way.

Once i got it back and realized he was right in his description, I got in contact with vectronix (safran or optics 1 whatever) for a repair. I got it sent in to them and was eventually contacted by a representative. The rep informed me he was brand new with the company and had just started.
Heres why I am a little bitter...
The rep from Optics 1 said before they sent it to Switz that they had tested the unit to confirm my problem. They said the beam/laser strength was "good". They said the beam/laser alignment was also "good". He explained that this was good news for me as if the alignment was off it usually meant it had been dropped or hit, and if the strength was poor it was mechanical failure. But mechanically "everything seemed to be working fine". It would range to about 1000 yards but no readings beyond that...So they guessed it was a software/firmware problem. To me that sounded legit..maybe the firmware got corrupted? or part of the internal memory had failed and would need to be replaced then software uploaded?
The rep then told me for them to send it over would be $800 for the inspection alone...I was hesitant and asked if knew how much everything else would cost? He said they would let me know before the repair was done but that he would be surprised if it was at all "above $800".
I thought hey thats not bad...800 deep for a working PLRF10...Ill bite.
So i feel either
1). the rep did not know what he was talking about and misled me about the cost of repair (maybe intentional or maybe unintentional as he was new...) or
2). the shop in Switzerland got the unit in and despite looking into just fixing my issue they decide to rebuild the entire unit because that is where the money is.

I wish they would have itemized the parts cost....How much is a new battery cover? a new rubber eye piece? a warranty sticker?
Did i need a new battery cover? No
Did i need a new rubber eye piece? No

Unfortunately I am not the US government and able to afford inflated charges. I think vectronix was after the government market and that is all. Unfortunately private owners end up suffering from that style of practice. I hope everyone who has a unit still has years of good ranging in your unit. It really sux to pay that amount and lose it all. It is a gamble, maybe I should have known better. I hope with the new model coming out they can provide better service and improve their warranty. I sold my terrapin 3 days before i got my email quote....yes I had a little sellers remorse but at the same time I dont want to risk it again.

Yeah, your description above is a great example of really bad customer service. No informed personal, no process, no clarity, no managed expectations. The whole point of the customer service experience is to reestablish and/or seed further brand loyalty. They are doing just the opposite...and for that, they can go pound sand.

I use a sig kilo 2400 currently. I'll be buying one of the new units when they're available. I could understand the hate here for them. I've read the horror stories on the site. I personally haven't ever owned a unit. If I had the $, I would have. I believe in second chances and new technology, you can't progress if your looking backwards. I might not sell my 2400 until I have the new unit and can prove that it works better than the 2400. The one weak link of the 2400 is the wind meter. You would be a fool to think that it won't be proven before release. Come on, Terrapin, kestrel, Solver(iPhone) linked together for an affordable price. Get off your high horses and join the common shooting community.

I've used the PLRF-15C and if you read the directions its for use with tanks and all there functions. Get real, people. we're shooting rifles here not artillery. I personally think the terrapin was the only one in their line that was for rifleman.

Like to embrace the positives. Maybe I'm wrong? It wouldn't be the first time?

Reactions: Emouse
Performance wise...they are the best. My terrapin was amazing. They definately could make a strong statement with the terrapin x. A product designed for recreational shooters instead of government/mil. Lots of other companies are stepping up their game with rangefinders.

Heres a glimmer of hope. In one of my conversations one of the US guys they said they are hoping to start doing warranty/repairs here in the us instead of exporting them. Might be a reflection of the terrapin x being released.

Keep it going

Thank you!

I called Euro Optics Wednesday to inquire about pricing and pre-orders on the Terrapin X. They told me they had no info on price, and were not taking pre-orders?