• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Vectronix PLRF 15?

Yes, had 1 for a year ... love it. Guy has a PLRF15C and would grab it if I just didnt send a huge check to the IRS. Ranging out to 3500 yards, i have it co witnessed on a Hensoldt Spotter 45 ... the setup is incredible.

Reactions: Shanerbanner10
The 15c is bad ass! I have a friend who has one and i get to play with it from time to time. I've ranged out to 4800+ yards with it easily. It's overkill, but that's underrated here.

I have a 15c and it's pretty great. I can't range with it to 4800+ yards easily though. It's pretty automatic on targets to a mile, buildings to maybe 3000 yards, and hillsides to maybe 4000 yards. Past 4000 yardsI get a lot of no-reads. I've compared it side by side to a Sig 2k and that started having trouble reading at 1200 yards. YMMV.

CalSushi, IanH and Craigos; Thanks for the input, I took the plunge and bought a PLRF-15 (not the C model as it was all I could afford) your feedback was greatly appreciated!

CalSushi, IanH and Craigos; Thanks for the input, I took the plunge and bought a PLRF-15 (not the C model as it was all I could afford) your feedback was greatly appreciated!

If the one you got doesn't have a manual with it shoot me a PM and I can email it to you. Not sure how much "simpler" the 15 is, but the 15C is super easy to range with, but to get into the deeper features you REALLY need the instructions.

I've had my 15C for a few years now. In spite of all of the hard feelings with Vectronix around here, I've never had any issues. I started with the PLRF-05 (Terrapin), moved on the PLRF-10C, and finally to the PLRF-15C. Some of the newer LRFs are getting much better, but still not in the same class as the Vectronix products.

Thanks Bogeybrown, Very decent of you, I'll let you know for sure!

No problem brother. I tried to post a thread with the manual but the system didn't want to accept a PDF as an active attachment.

Have a PLRF 25C inbound from Eurooptics and look forward to testing it.

This must be what it felt like to go to the prom stag and see your buddy walk into the dance with the prom queen wishin you were that guy. Vectronix has pissed a lot of people off, but if I had the money I would be sorely tempted to throw down for a 25C too. Feel free to post about the all the awesome -- but if it breaks right after the warranty expires and they want $7,999.00 plus shipping and a 12 month wait to fix it, I am going to use that to make myself feel better about not having one.

And I love your sig line.

Make sure to get the C version.

And while you're at it, get a Spotter 60, rail system, Ashbury grabber mount, PLRF trigger/cable a Trimble and FFS.

You'll be able to slave the PLRF to the Spotter 60 reticle and while spotting, simply pull the trigger on the cable to laser whatever is on the reticle. This will both show you visually as well as send digitally to the Trimble the target's distance, angle and bearing. Get your spotter that you brought along 70% to carry all of your shit and 30% incase you fall off the side of a fucking cliff (again) to read you the ballistics data from the Trimble and pull the fucking trigger. Everything done within seconds with way more accuracy and correct variable input than any system I've seen/used in my life.

Need UTM coords of anything you can see? Easy! Just use the GPS from the Trimble to identify your current coords, and then laser anything you want and the Trimble will tell you the targets UTM coords based on distance angle and bearing. I find this easy for calling in artillery strikes on coyotes that are just a bit out of my range and while I don't have a furbearer license, all we need to do is recover the coyote skulls for the state bounty, so smaller tube artillery is preferred.

Reactions: deersniper
Make sure to get the C version.

And while you're at it, get a Spotter 60, rail system, Ashbury grabber mount, PLRF trigger/cable a Trimble and FFS.

You'll be able to slave the PLRF to the Spotter 60 reticle and while spotting, simply pull the trigger on the cable to laser whatever is on the reticle. This will both show you visually as well as send digitally to the Trimble the target's distance, angle and bearing. Get your spotter that you brought along 70% to carry all of your shit and 30% incase you fall off the side of a fucking cliff (again) to read you the ballistics data from the Trimble and pull the fucking trigger. Everything done within seconds with way more accuracy and correct variable input than any system I've seen/used in my life.

Need UTM coords of anything you can see? Easy! Just use the GPS from the Trimble to identify your current coords, and then laser anything you want and the Trimble will tell you the targets UTM coords based on distance angle and bearing. I find this easy for calling in artillery strikes on coyotes that are just a bit out of my range and while I don't have a furbearer license, all we need to do is recover the coyote skulls for the state bounty, so smaller tube artillery is preferred.

I Like this set up, I think this is what you are talking about,

John.

http://www.accurateshooter.com/gear-reviews/combo-lrf-spotting-scope-and-wind-meter/

I have a 15C. The only time it's not returned a distance is when I tried to range a cloud in the sky.
I've hit trees at 5900 yards.
It's a pretty serious piece of kit.
I especially like the 3D function where it will display the ranges of up to 3 objects if they return hits. It displays the strongest return first but blinks to indicate multiple hits, which you can then cycle through. It can help when I'm trying to determine whether the range returned is the target or what is behind or in front of it.

From what I hear those happy with their PLRF's should carry them around in a padded vault because if they go down, so do you and for a LONG time. Would have to have bought the Henny spotter for it and the PLRF take a dump. Why aren't there U.S. sites to work on them?

Well the 25C showed up and all I can say is WOW. Such a powerful unit in a compact size. Have the same setup as the German with an APO mount and trigger cable connected to my Trimble. In addition have a 1X red dot mounted for initial acquisition. All three are co-witnessed.

From what I hear those happy with their PLRF's should carry them around in a padded vault because if they go down, ?

What ? They Go Down on Ya,, Bugga Me Vectronix Think of Everything, LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Sorry Mate, I couldn't resist it. lol

John.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Well the 25C showed up and all I can say is WOW. Such a powerful unit in a compact size. Have the same setup as the German with an APO mount and trigger cable connected to my Trimble. In addition have a 1X red dot mounted for initial acquisition. All three are co-witnessed.

Hey Zia, how about a pic of that rig?

From what I hear those happy with their PLRF's should carry them around in a padded vault because if they go down, so do you and for a LONG time. Would have to have bought the Henny spotter for it and the PLRF take a dump. Why aren't there U.S. sites to work on them?

It's true, getting one repaired might be a challenge, but as I understand it that's their US agent (rep) not Vectronix AG. That may improve in the future, I'm hoping.

I bring someone to carry all of that shit. He also sometimes gives me range and wind calls.

Hey Zia, how about a pic of that rig?

IMG_1033.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1031.JPG
    IMG_1031.JPG
    173 KB · Views: 217

The RDS is the only thing I don't have because I keep wanting to get a cheaper one and then look at the setup and think that there's no fucking way I can have like 15k sitting there and can't put a fucking T1 Aimpoint on it.....and then I don't want to buy an Aimpoint.

Can someone please tell me how that tripod ended up that Colour ? Is that Painted of some kind of Rifle Coating ?

Thank you.

John.

Can someone please tell me how that tripod ended up that Colour ? Is that Painted of some kind of Rifle Coating ?

Thank you.

John.

The tripod was painted by Short Bus a number of years ago. Paint job has held up well even after being banged around hunting and at the range.

The tripod was painted by Short Bus a number of years ago. Paint job has held up well even after being banged around hunting and at the range.

Thanks for that, It has stayed looking good, thanks for that.

John.

The RDS is the only thing I don't have because I keep wanting to get a cheaper one and then look at the setup and think that there's no fucking way I can have like 15k sitting there and can't put a fucking T1 Aimpoint on it.....and then I don't want to buy an Aimpoint.

Just get a Hensoldt RSA and you will be good to go.

It's true, getting one repaired might be a challenge, but as I understand it that's their US agent (rep) not Vectronix AG. That may improve in the future, I'm hoping.

That is not so. Many waited almost a year for someone outside the company to MANUFACTURE a needed part. They are too damn expensive to have to buy 2 to keep 1 running..If uncle sam bought me one, I would love it too.

That is not so. Many waited almost a year for someone outside the company to MANUFACTURE a needed part. They are too damn expensive to have to buy 2 to keep 1 running..If uncle sam bought me one, I would love it too.

This has been covered in detail before: The US distributor was the problem not the parent company. The repair and returns process with VECTRONIX AG in Switzerland is simple and turnaround about 1 month from receipt. For US customers they need permission under ITAR to export for repair.Parts are specific to Vectronix and not off the shelf items from other manufacturers. It is a high end item designed for serious military use and that is reflected in the inspection and repair cost. You can contact the factory direct and they will answer your questions promptly.

I can't accept that the problem was all caused by the U.S. Distributor and if it was, it was up to the Manufacturer to do whatever was necessary to solve the problem and avoid having their Name, and possibly their product, damaged.

If it was because the unit was "designed or serious military use " and ITAR difficulties, that should have been made clear t U.S. purchasers.

"parts are specific to Vectronix" .....probably does not mean that they manufacturer all their parts so it is likely that the wait on manufacturing has been a problem for many.

Many of Vectronix users have been unloading these units and the price has been going down because of it.

Short version of what all this means is that a user dependent on that Manufacturer may well have to pay for a SECOND unit to HELP insure that one is ready to go at all times...or maybe THREE...

Your generalizing all vectronix together. This thread is about the PLRFC 15 and 10. The 05 terrapin had the LED issue. I know of no systemic issue in the 10/15. I have owned one of all three models, never had an issue. Now I have had a 15c for several years, no problems. The 10 & 15 have a milspec Shock rated case where the terrapin didn't. Vectronix is still the gold standard in range finders, nothing else is as good when it comes to pressing the button and getting readings.

I also disagree with your statement On resale. Terrapins are still selling for what they did new and the 10 & 15 also are maintaining. I don't believe I have heard a single case on here with an issue on a 10 or 15. The issue on the terrapin was about 10-15 People out of thousands of units sold. There are a lot of happy vectronix owners out there, you just don't here from them because the units work as intended.

Do you even own one or are you just making shit up? The PLRF is built like a brick shithouse and no they dont need to be transported in a padded vault. and FYI the company has merged and service is done in New Hampshire.

Your generalizing all vectronix together. This thread is about the PLRFC 15 and 10. The 05 terrapin had the LED issue. I know of no systemic issue in the 10/15. I have owned one of all three models, never had an issue. Now I have had a 15c for several years, no problems. The 10 & 15 have a milspec Shock rated case where the terrapin didn't. Vectronix is still the gold standard in range finders, nothing else is as good when it comes to pressing the button and getting readings.

I also disagree with your statement On resale. Terrapins are still selling for what they did new and the 10 & 15 also are maintaining. I don't believe I have heard a single case on here with an issue on a 10 or 15. The issue on the terrapin was about 10-15 People out of thousands of units sold. There are a lot of happy vectronix owners out there, you just don't here from them because the units work as intended.

Well said, RT. How about limiting the comments to actual Vectronix owners? I've owned three and have had zero problems. The "padded vault" and resale value comments are completely false. My current Vectronix (15C) has been knocked around a good bit and it's still 100% reliable. I've actually seen Terrapins going to for move than I paid for mine. The lack of anything that comes close in performance will ensure that they retain their value to those that need/want that level of performance.

Last edited:
I can't accept that the problem was all caused by the U.S. Distributor and if it was, it was up to the Manufacturer to do whatever was necessary to solve the problem and avoid having their Name, and possibly their product, damaged.

If it was because the unit was "designed or serious military use " and ITAR difficulties, that should have been made clear t U.S. purchasers.

"parts are specific to Vectronix" .....probably does not mean that they manufacturer all their parts so it is likely that the wait on manufacturing has been a problem for many.

Many of Vectronix users have been unloading these units and the price has been going down because of it.

Short version of what all this means is that a user dependent on that Manufacturer may well have to pay for a SECOND unit to HELP insure that one is ready to go at all times...or maybe THREE...

ITAR effects pretty much anything coming in or going out of the USA. You seriously don't need to be reminded of that simple fact as a shooter. Vectronix parts are specific to them. They are not just sourced and assembled as you suggested. Prices haven't gone down,..in fact they have steadily risen given that the 10/15c series is now no longer offered, with the 25c being the entry level product. Terrapin aside, the products have always been marketed specifically as professional military/security end use. Thats why pretty much all of the free world still uses their product. It is battle tested and proven and many here on the Hide will attest to its use in an number of Operational Theaters.

Perhaps rather than making wild assumptions you should take the time to correspond direct with the Customer Service Team, at Vectronix? I have and on each occasion my questions got answered fully and promptly. Orders have been processed without a glitch, speedily.

Does anyone know if the rs232 data cable #48 or #78 are still available anywhere? I just purchased a 15c from a guy here and it came with the incorrect cable. It came with the #74 cable. My Trimble just came in and now I'm in a bind. Any help would be appreciated.

Best Regards,

Todd

Hi, Machtech, I was in a similar position of needing the 78 cable recently. Europtic was able to sort me out (I was forwarded to them from the US importer of Vectronix). It took a few weeks for the part to come in, but maybe they have some in stock now.

Hi, Machtech, I was in a similar position of needing the 78 cable recently. Europtic was able to sort me out (I was forwarded to them from the US importer of Vectronix). It took a few weeks for the part to come in, but maybe they have some in stock now.

Thank you so much for your help! They just got them back in stock. I have the correct one on the way.

Best Regards,

Todd

I have a PLF15 on my Hensoldt Spotter 45 using the APO cowitness mount like yours -- thinking i should get the 25C after seeing this.

Does anyone out there have 1st hand experience with the Vectronixs PLRF-15? If so what is your opinion?

I have had 1 for 2 years - love it, never had an issue - ranged out 5000 yards on a tree. Have tried many of the other RF and havent been able to range past 1200 on a PRS target with any of them.Sure they have had issues with warranty, but nothing comes close in terms of functionality.

I have a PLF15 on my Hensoldt Spotter 45 using the APO cowitness mount like yours -- thinking i should get the 25C after seeing this.[/QUOTE]

The 25C isn't going to do anything the 15 can't do. Pretty much have the same range performance from 15 - Vector IV's. Other than bean divergence, but the 10's have the best before going to the 21's or the holy 23's lol.
The 25C are stupid small though. But the compactness will go away if you use it as a cowitness with the Henny's fatass.. haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: craigos
I have a PLF15 on my Hensoldt Spotter 45 using the APO cowitness mount like yours -- thinking i should get the 25C after seeing this.

The 25C isn't going to do anything the 15 can't do. Pretty much have the same range performance from 15 - Vector IV's. Other than bean divergence, but the 10's have the best before going to the 21's or the holy 23's lol.
The 25C are stupid small though. But the compactness will go away if you use it as a cowitness with the Henny's fatass.. haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

I dont have a "C" and that 15 is a hunk of weight. What does the 25C weigh -- i see you have one. If I found a 15C or a 10C I would pick it up - Whenever they do show up I have just spent $ on a nother rifle or scope so cant justify it.

Also I do take the 15 off for hunting, but its a bit big.

I dont have a "C" and that 15 is a hunk of weight. What does the 25C weigh -- i see you have one. If I found a 15C or a 10C I would pick it up - Whenever they do show up I have just spent $ on a nother rifle or scope so cant justify it.

Also I do take the 15 off for hunting, but its a bit big.

There was one on Bookface for like 3k on the 15C. Should've snatched it and traded my 25C for H&B.....

Rough numbers, weighs 1.2lbs and measures about 5.75" x 3.5" x 2.25". You should play with a vector, then grab your 15.. now thats a big difference lol. pun intended

** Anyone, I down mind downgrading to a 10C if you're interested.......**

Do you even own one or are you just making shit up? The PLRF is built like a brick shithouse and no they dont need to be transported in a padded vault. and FYI the company has merged and service is done in New Hampshire.

What is the Address and phone number of this place in N.Hampshire? Thanks, Jeff

I finally finished my tripod setup. Put the plrf15c on a really right stuff micro ball head so I could still have my rifle up top.

Attachments

• photo63889.jpg
    photo63889.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 199
  • photo63890.jpg
    photo63890.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 163
Reactions: StealthOwl
I’m had one for years now and have ranged it out to 6600 yards off the tailgate of a truck, and 5000+ in the snow it’s badass probably my best investment in long range shooting, obviously the price dictates wheather it’s worth it, I got mine used for less then half price of a new one.

My plrf 15 went down 2500-3000$ to fix it not really that impressed definitely not build like a brick shithouse the unit has never been banged around that much other then using in the field backcountry. It has a laser alignment issue potentially it passed all its tests. I take care of it and keep it in a bunk harness so not that impressed in general.

had one for 3 years, mounted ontop of my hensoldt spotter 45 ... not an issue and continues to work like a charm.