• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Vendors - loss due to USPS?

bmash

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
May 21, 2018
Zachary, LA
How much are they costing you to due to lost packages or you trying to make customers happy due to shipping delays?
I wonder about this since I have two USPS packages not delivered yet. One vendor on here offered to ship two by ups to make it up to me. Another may have to ship again. Both packages are going on a month. I told vendors, no rush, give it some more time. I do not want to put you guys out of business due to USPS in competence!

Hi,

This is probably what some vendors do not want you to hear but..........

1. It is really not costing anything in the scheme of things since:
A. Legit vendors should insure properly.
B. Vendors have their own insurance for such thing too.

2. It does "cost" them in the short term of things since:
A. They wait 30 days for insurance payments.
B. They "float" the replacement items cost of goods in the insurance payment timeframe.

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

This is probably what some vendors do not want you to hear but..........

1. It is really not costing anything in the scheme of things since:
A. Legit vendors should insure properly.
B. Vendors have their own insurance for such thing too.

2. It does "cost" them in the short term of things since:
A. They wait 30 days for insurance payments.
B. They "float" the replacement items cost of goods in the insurance payment timeframe.

Sincerely,
Theis
Ok, but isn’t sending two items by ups to make up for the sale of one going to cut into profit margins? And insurance rates are bound to be going up - future cost. I’m just very frustrated with USPS!

I hear you. Bought a ZCO sunshade from the PX over a month ago. Seller shipped right away. Been sitting in USPS limbo. “Package delayed but still enroute to destination” or some bs like that. Finally got notified it had at least made it to my City. It’s now been at the USPS hub for 5 days now. Ridiculous.