• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vendors who carry the Magpul iPhone case

Genius.

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 4, 2012
West Michigan
I need a few cases for our iPhones and wanted to try the Magpul cases.

I would rather send my money to a vendor here before I go the amazon or Midway route.

I would be careful with the Amazon route. I have ordered several cases and they always send the wrong color when I was trying to order black. Black is hard to get, so the vendors end up substituting a color instead.

All of my local gun stores here in Va. seem to carry them. Shouldn't be hard to find, they are cheap inventory and probably have a good markup for retailors. I purchased one, was disappointed with the loose fit, exchanged it for a new one and had the same problem within a week or so. I am a Magpul fan, but the phone cases were a disappointment. I would try to feel one for yourself before you buy it online. Look into the Rokform cases. best I have owned to date.

All of my local gun stores here in Va. seem to carry them. Shouldn't be hard to find, they are cheap inventory and probably have a good markup for retailors. I purchased one, was disappointed with the loose fit, exchanged it for a new one and had the same problem within a week or so. I am a Magpul fan, but the phone cases were a disappointment. I would try to feel one for yourself before you buy it online. Look into the Rokform cases. best I have owned to date.

None of our local shops have them.

Is the case hard plastic or is it rubber?
Also, are you able to take the phone in and out of the case easily and time after time? At work I have a otter box, but I leave the case at work. So my phone goes in and out of cases in the morning and night.

They are the best cases at their price level I have ever found. I have the iPhone 4 and the Magpul field case in orange and the executive in OD.

The material is a type of rubber.

Taking it off and putting it back on over and over will cause it to loosen and not hold as well, but for the most part if you're just throwing it in a case to leave it, it will work very well. And if it ever did loosen up, it's $10 and you can just get another.

Since you're taking it in and out everyday, I'm not sure it's the proper route to take. After two changes (thanks to my 5 year old) my orange case is loose on one side.

Why can't you take the otter box home with you?

If you're getting this because of the Magpul Brand/Name then by all means, knock yourself out. If you're looking for a case to protect your $700 iPhone, I suggest you look elsewhere. I had one of these cases and it's cheaply made, does a piss poor job of protecting the phone and allows dirt and dust to collect on the inside.

In other words, garbage.

Sugarbug is right, it is a rubber type material. Mine stretched over a week or two of pocket carry. It is such a loose fit, you could apply pressure to the back of the case and pop the phone out of the front. It is cheap at $10.00 bucks so you can buy a handful or so for the price of a quality case and have a good 6 months supply. It is I think more of a gimmick than a protective barrier. Otherwise, Magpul products are great!

I have had an Otter Box iPhone case for about a year now and I have beaten it up and dropped it more than a few times and no phone damage.

Why can't you take the otter box home with you?

I am a hog farmer, and my otter box smells like shit. I'd rather leave it at the farm.

I think I will look at different options. I went with the Otter Box Commuter series, but the plastic shell cracked and the rubber got stretches out. I now have a Speck case, and it's easy to slide the phone in and out, but it has piss poor protection, I'm looking at a broken screen, this is the second screen that broke because I dropped it.

The problem with the OtterBox Defender series (my work case) it makes the phone so big, it makes it to bulky to carry in my pockets.

I had otterbox for years but now use lifeproof hd case. Smaller, very shock absorbent and yes, waterproof. I also use the lifeproof for my Ipad.