• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Verified Magnetospeed Precision Change

haven't you ever seen your MS slip up the barrel? Is that worth risking it?

this is funny...no, my magnetospeed has never slipped up my barrel. It's been strapped on for 100's of OCW tests and it doesn't move. If your magnetospeed is slipping up the barrel your not installing it properly.

If it's in your head that your groups won't be tiny with the MS on then leave it off.. those of use that have done extensive testing with it on have proven this false. The thinner the barrel the more POI shift you will see but group size hasn't been affected.

this is funny...no, my magnetospeed has never slipped up my barrel. It's been strapped on for 100's of OCW tests and it doesn't move. If your magnetospeed is slipping up the barrel your not installing it properly.

If it's in your head that your groups won't be tiny with the MS on then leave it off.. those of use that have done extensive testing with it on have proven this false. The thinner the barrel the more POI shift you will see but group size hasn't been affected.

Hey Padom,

Are you saying that you trust doing your OCW with the MS attached to your barrel? I'm asking in all honesty because I've always been concerned that it would skew my OCW results.

Thanks in advance.

Thats from working on it basically a SS profile screwed on homemade picatinny spigot with two screws that set angle. I don't have any videos of me shooting but i would suspect that this SS profile is moving and bringing magneto out of alignment hence weird results. Spacing and alignment is OK when mounted and it also looks ok after the shot. But frankly i stopped measuring speed during load development and i focus on groups and measure only when searching for max load and after i find good loads i measure them in 10/20 shot string.

Attachments

• photo67272.jpg
    photo67272.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 22
I wonder if you put a couple offsetting 45s in it so that the end of the rod came up parallel with the barrel so that you could attach it in the correct position rather than precariously balanced on the wire that comes out the back.

Pic was taken during work and when i was measuring where will i cut the rod off and drill a hole to mount magneto on the rod (used magneto factory screw to put it firmly on a rod).

Rear two screws (4 actually:) ) control angle and distance of the rod, raise behind, lower front, lower behind raise front, move first up/down move entire rod up/down. Magneto is completely level, at least 1mm below barrel at its mounting point (where rubber should be). Im thinking either rod is bending or magneto hitting barrel when i fire and "shock" hinders accurate reading.

But i've given up on tuning this as its too much of a hassle (maybe during winter) putting it on/off and i simply don't to test that much since there are many matches now and i shoot known load...