• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Vern Harrison Central Virginia Tactical

Red Ryder

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 2, 2004
Pittsburgh, PA
I just got back from a 3 day beginner's course with Vern. I'd read what some of you had to say about Vern and about his course(s). All I can say is he is quite a guy and he provides a very good course.

Vern's firing range is a long windy farmer's field. You really don't need much more than that to teach what guys like us want to learn. But it's what comes from Vern that is priceless. He's one smart, experienced dude. I have trouble with even the simplest math but Vern took the time to explain mildots and MOA. Yeah, seems simple now but it sure didn't before I went down there. But there's more.

My MkIV crapped out on me. With no hesitation, Vern lent me his rifle. In fact, I got to shoot 3 of the finest rifles I'll ever get my clumsy mitts on. He even let me shoot some of his ammo. And with ammo prices these days that's saying a lot!

Vern told me a lot about his life and I've come to one conclusion. This thing we call Life can beat a man down, hammer the humanity out of him and make him viciously mean. Or, as in Vern's case, it can make him a kind, noble person.

Vern Harrison. Great shooter, great teacher, great guy.

Re: Vern Harrison Central Virginia Tactical

Nice review. I have a class booked with him for July and I am really looking forward to it.

WHERE EXACTLY IN VIRGINIA. I CURRENTLY LIVE IN FLORIDA BUT FAMILY LIVES IN VIRGINIA

Vern lives in Louisa, Virginia. There's a really nice Holiday Inn Express in Orange, Virginia which is about..13 miles from Vern's house.

A friend of mine recently got back from a 3 day course with Vern, and he can't say enough about the man. He also related that Vern had said something about retiring from teaching, at least to civilians, so if you want to get in with him, you might want to do it as soon as possible.

X 2 about Vern.
He is a very kind gentle soul that knows more about the rifle than I have the brain power to keep.
YES, he is slowing down and to some extent "retiring"(health issues for the most part).
The "school" is NOT closing.......He has been "training" a couple of his closest friends to take over and Vern WILL still be around....
Call'em for more info.
Respectfully,
LG

Hey Folks,

I appreciate all the kind words and reviews. However, I am retiring. My body has just about given up. I will still do my best to help the troops headed to the sandbox when I can. I will still help those who have been here before, as I can.

After this Oct. I will close the doors of Central Virginia Tactical, to new students. I wish I could spend time with everyone but walking is really a problem now.

I have put a ton of time in Ed Shell, in Maryland and Rob Shepard of Practical Applications, in Ga. They will be able to teach you everything I can.

I wish you all the very best and if you have a question please call. I don't know it all but I'll help with what I do.

Best regards, Vern Harrison

Sorry to hear that, Vern, and best of luck to you. I enjoyed meeting you when I came to your place in the Summer of 2005.

Don't throw in the towel yet Vern!!! I'm coming back, hopefully this fall!!!