• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Versa-Pod did not hold up to a rang day

Mike0341

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 6, 2012
Houston Texas
Sorry about the crap video quality. I wanted to get this out there so everyone can see whats going on.

It was between 40-45 degrees outside. I shot 10 shots and the bipods fell apart. This piece just crumbled. I leaned into it to take a shot, took the shot, was still leaning into the bipods and it started to fall forward. I picked up the rifle thinking the knob was loose. When i started looking at the bipod i fell off my rifle and i had to pick up the pieces.

I shoot an AAC-SD and have only shot 200 rounds since i purchased this bipod. I followed this instructions on setting up the bipod as well.

On thing i noticed is that they say its machined aluminum or steel on stocky stocks website yet this material is very porous.

Here is the video
http://youtu.be/--Y6zTJywyw

Im not saying they are bad bipods but if i can get them to replace the piece i am most likely going to buy something else anyway. I personally want something that can handle a bit of abuse and it seems that these cant even handle a bit of cold weather (not montana cold even. Would hate to see what happens in 10 degrees or less lol).

Of course this problem could have been something that has bern an issue with the brand and is no longer a concern. Supposedly some of their parts used to be made in other countries and not most if not all are made in the USA (not saying that made in USA always has the best Quality Control bit i would like to think so).

Has anyone else heard of this happening?

Semper Fi
Mike

Re: Versa-Pod did not hold up to a rang day

Sorry about your luck..

Buy a Harris and don't look back.

Hated the Versa-pod that came on my 50. That thing flopped all over the place.

I have 3 sets of Harris bipods in my safe already. I was just trying something new. I shoot from the prone more than i shoot from a bench and when shooting in the prone these were far more stable than the Harris in my opinion.

But it seems they dont hold up for crap.

Just ordered an Atlas. Once it gets in and i get time to go to the range (srarting school tomoorow) ill let everyone know how its working.

If they cover the bipod that broke under warranty then ill just put its replacement on my wifes rifle since it hardly gets used anyway.

Hope everyones doing well.

Sorry about your's breaking, mine has been under my 15lbs rifle for close to 1000 rounds.

Yea all of my searching only came across one such incident happening to another person. So not a common issue from what i can tell.

Hopefully they are going to cover it under warranty. If not i ordered a different brand just in case my luck is actually that shitty lol.

Sorry to hear that; I used to have an original ParkerHale bipod where I enjoyed the design, but got rid of it because of the weight due to all steel construction. Your experience might show why the brits never realy "lightened" the construction in the first place.

Just looked at the Parker Hale. I should have ordered that one instead. It seems that Versa-Pid is just a cheap knock off.

Definately a waste of money.

Talked to Stocky Stocks and they called the number they use to get ahold of Versa- Pod. They called me back 5 minutes later and gave my the number to the person i need to talk to.

I got an address and am supposed to ship it to the person i talked to directly and they said they will replace my bipods.

They are heading to Shot Show so wont be back untill the 21st i believe but im starting school today so i wont have much time to shoot anyway.

Ill put the replacement on my wifes 223 and hopefully it holds up better.

We at McMillans have had customers use the steel versa-pod on our 50 cal rifles for many years now and have not heard of anyone ever having any problems. We have never carried or supplied the aluminum ones.

Well I have a versa and it's built like a tank. My experience has been good as well as the CS I got from them. See my versa thank you post. They built mine just for my AICS even though they were way backed up. Call the CS number and tell Emily, Chris from
Alabama dropped her name. She is a go getter and gets s**t done over there! Sorry about your experience but my AICS is a pig and isn't light and mine performs great!