• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Very Happy With Bolt Work From Karl Kampfeld

ssnfa

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sent this to Karl Kamfeld of Kampfeld Customs after just doing a google search on bolt knob installations. I had him install the knob and do a spiral flute. He did a beautiful job and turn around was less then a week. Great guy and good prices.

pic5.jpg

pic3.jpg

Re: Very Happy With Bolt Work From Karl Kampfeld

Karl Kampfield does some great work.

Karl's work is second to none. He is also a very great guy to work with, and you are right his prices are very fair. He did the fluting on my bolt as well, and i have since given several recommendations for him, and will continue to. Karl is one of the best in the business.

-Paulus

And, i forgot to add: that bolt looks terrific! really like all the work you had done, looks great!

-Paulus

Yup - that Karl is good to go and just a heck of a nice guy to deal with. I've sent him probably a dozen bolts the last couple years and all turned out great. He builds a heck of a rifle also.

Which knob is that exactly? I like it and think it'd look great on the model 70 I just finished.

Did you get the bolt from him also? That looks great, do you have a whole pic of the rifle?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pipewhiner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Which knob is that exactly? I like it and think it'd look great on the model 70 I just finished. </div></div>

surgeon tactical knob

and that looks sexy with the dura job

Yep, it is a Surgeon knob. I supplied the knob and the bolt is my factory 5R bolt that he fluted.

This was the last part of the rifle to be completed except for the hydro dip clear coat to dry. The whole rifle should be together Monday.

As far as I know it will be the first one trying to match the Vortex "Stealth Shadow" color.

Karl is a hell of a gunsmith & an even nicer guy!!

I have the great fortune of knowing Karl, are we belong to the same gunclub. Helluva good guy, and extremely competent...

...just too bad he's soooo damn busy, I'd really like to have him build a rifle!

I've used his services twice. one for one of his tactical knurled knobs and another to replace a failed 721 extractor with a sako type. great work and a top fellow to do business with.

Very nice, I think Ill have to check them out!

-J

Looks similar to a SSG knob

That looks like an excellant job.

I recently ordered two barrels from Greg at bugholes and highly recommended Karl for the fluting that I wanted. I gave Karl a call and had the barrels shipped directly to him before they headed my way. When I called to ask if had received the barrels, he told me that he missed my first call because he was at the post office dropping off my barrels. He was already done with them and had shipped them before I even knew he had received them. Not to mention that when they arrived, they were impeccably machined. There wasn't a tool mark one in the flutes and I was VERY impressed. I am about to send another barrel his way in the next couple of weeks and as far as I'm concerned, he is THE person who will be getting my business if he is offering the service at the time.

Thanks again, Karl, for fantastic craftsmanship and customer service.

That looks sweet!! Think I'm going to order a surgeon knob now. How does it feel on your hand when your quickly running the bolt?

Karl does do some incredible work. I had my bolt also fluted and a knob the work was flawless and return was crazy fast. He will def be getting my next bolt.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wyfox</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That looks sweet!! Think I'm going to order a surgeon knob now. How does it feel on your hand when your quickly running the bolt? </div></div>

I've had that knob on my rifle for a little over a year now, and while it looks cool, it reeks havoc on my right hand after a full day of running the bolt.

I'm actually swapping it out, hopefully for a kmw bolt knob.....