• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vetical grip stock

nobody13

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2011
Montana
After using vertical gripped stocks for a while, the standard rifle stock just doesn't seem as comfortable. anyone know why there aren't more factory rifles produced in the vert. grip configuration? I even like it better shooting offhand when the rifle doesn't weigh too much. Opinions please.

Re: Vetical grip stock

I think it's because their usually labeled as a "tactical" stock, and not your handy dandy hunter stock.....

I agree completely with this but it makes sense that there aren't more vertical grip stocks since the average shooter probably doesn't care/know the difference, and manufacturers don't want to pay for new molds.

Funny, I would think it would be something the rifle manufactures would be all over to sell a bunch more guns as the newest latest.

mostly i agree with the traditional part, but for hunting, the traditional stocks are more low profile and handy than a vertical grip. I to agree that vertical grip stocks are more comfortable in any position and are not cumbersome when hunting

We have heard this from a large number of our customers and that's why this year we introduced the new Game Scout ( Remington classic with an A3 grip) and A3 Sporter ( the A3 with enough drop-at-heel for offhand use and a semi-beaver tail forearm.

I've always been surprised adjustable spacers on the butt stock aren't more common. Seems like a pretty simple detail to allow users to customize length of pull to fit them better. The better your rifle fits, the better you'll shoot. But they're uncommon.

DITTO!
I'm making my own stock for my Savage 10 staggered-feed because I can't find an inexpensive wood stock with a vertical grip and large palmswell (tactical style) to fit it, other than a thumbhole.

"Traditional" style stocks with an angled grip are extremely uncomfortable to shoot, IMO and I have no idea how they originated. They're just not ergonomic, it's not natural for your wrist to be in that position.