• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

VIDEO: .338 Lapua @ 1760 yards

varmint slayer

Area 419 OG
Minuteman
Apr 17, 2010
NE, WY
Here is a little video I took the other day of me shooting my GAP .338 Lapua @ 1760 Yards. Turn the sound up as you can hear the hits.

Rifle Specs:

Stiller TAC .338 Action
Manners MCS-T5A Stock
27" 1-10 Lilja Barrel
Badger Bottom Metal CIP length
Badger FTE Brake
Nightforce 5.5-22x56 MOAR Scope in NF ultralight rings
Jewel Trigger

Load is Lapua Brass
92 Grains of H1000
285 Grain Hornady HPBT

Target ranged with a Vectronix PLRF
Target was a 36" AR400 square. Kinda big but I use it out past 2K as well and it's the only bigger piece of steel that I have.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0lG-WFcsXqg"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0lG-WFcsXqg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Re: VIDEO: .338 Lapua @ 1760 yards

Great shooting, nice video, next time zoom in on the target at the end so people can see how far 1760 really is. Gap rifles are the shit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jonaddis84</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not impressed, only 4 out of 5, you should be ashamed of this video</div></div>

Haha I know Jon it's pathetic...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 78steeler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great shooting, nice video, next time zoom in on the target at the end so people can see how far 1760 really is. Gap rifles are the shit.</div></div>

Video was taken with an iPhone 5 so I can't zoom in. I will break out the good camera sometime.

nice.....
cool.gif

Too bad next time you get your good camera out there will be more than a 1mph wind and you wont hit SHIT!

Haha just kidding buddy, looking forward to pulling the trigger 100 times on this gun when we come out this year!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jonaddis84</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Too bad next time you get your good camera out there will be more than a 1mph wind and you wont hit SHIT!

Haha just kidding buddy, looking forward to pulling the trigger 100 times on this gun when we come out this year!</div></div>

HAHA Jon speaks the truth!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jonaddis84</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But, at least you will know EXACTLY how far away that target youre missing is!</div></div>

This is true, I will have my own Vectronix PLRF soon and Cinch here on the site will have his back haha.

Nice shooting Varmint! I was going to subscribe to your youtube channel and I realized I'm already subscribed! Hopefully I'll be taking my 338 to 1 mile within the next week or 2.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Grizzdude</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice shooting Varmint! I was going to subscribe to your youtube channel and I realized I'm already subscribed! Hopefully I'll be taking my 338 to 1 mile within the next week or 2. </div></div>

Haha yeah I thought I saw your name pop up a few days ago as a subscriber and now I just got a new comment from you and thought the name looked familiar.

Nice! I shot at 1850 this past fall in Wyoming on some Moa rocks and was killing them !
Video was awesome !
Congrats

Well that particular day was 61.5 MOA up from a 100 yard zero. 4600 ft above sea level and 50 degrees.

You and your damn 4600ft. Mine with the 300 scenars at 2850 took, if I remember correctly, 19 mils to 1760.