• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Video of Bunch of Hobbyists at the Range (Idiots)

EricCartmann

Hobbyist among Operators
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2010
Mom's Basement
Guns used for the day:
Top to bottom
AR10 SuperSASS w/ Leupold 3.5-10x and YHM SS Silencer
AR10 w/ ACOG
SCAR17 w/ ACOG and YHM Ti Silencer
SCAR16 w/ ACOG and YHM SS Silencer
XCR w/ EoTech and YHM SS Silencer

Video
AR10sSCARsXCR-vi.jpg

Look at these idiots!

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5I7wAVvPmk0&feature=em-uploademail"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5I7wAVvPmk0&feature=em-uploademail" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Re: Video of Bunch of Hobbyists at the Range (Idiots)

Hey man that's not true. I'm an operator. Didn't you see my tactical reload at the end? That's a milspec NATO Slide Fire stock too.

I know you are an Operator. Just about every gun guy I have ever met are Operators.

Las Vegas area is filled with Operators! I am so happy to be close to all these cool kids.

I saw someone shooting a lot and maybe hitting 1 out of every 10 rounds. Kind of defeats the purpose if you can't really hit what you're aiming at doesn't it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I saw someone shooting a lot and maybe hitting 1 out of every 10 rounds. Kind of defeats the purpose if you can't really hit what you're aiming at doesn't it? </div></div>

That was EricCartmann hahaha

I mentioned that and he said that it was a "suppressing fire" tactic.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pachinko Pistola</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I saw someone shooting a lot and maybe hitting 1 out of every 10 rounds. Kind of defeats the purpose if you can't really hit what you're aiming at doesn't it? </div></div>

I mentioned that and he said that it was a "suppressing fire" tactic. </div></div>

Someone has to keep those dirt berms and stationary targets from over-running the range...

I'm guessing Raider sticker=Cartmann rifle? After seeing the 308 collection I didn't think there could possibly be any room for 5.56-my envy is at level 10. I love those XCRs, have a friend with one and enjoy the hell out of shooting it, the ergos are sooo nice. I bet she is sweet to shoot with a can.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Redhooker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm guessing Raider sticker=Cartmann rifle? After seeing the 308 collection I didn't think there could possibly be any room for 5.56-my envy is at level 10. I love those XCRs, have a friend with one and enjoy the hell out of shooting it, the ergos are sooo nice. I bet she is sweet to shoot with a can. </div></div>

Yeah, those are his AR10s. The XCR is really nice. I think my SCAR 16S will be pretty close to that once my backordered trigger and SBR paperwork come in. With the XCR you don't even need to buy a trigger. The factory one is pretty sweet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pachinko Pistola</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I saw someone shooting a lot and maybe hitting 1 out of every 10 rounds. Kind of defeats the purpose if you can't really hit what you're aiming at doesn't it? </div></div>

I mentioned that and he said that it was a "suppressing fire" tactic. </div></div>

I knew I was going to get some Operators like you guys to comment about that. Try running to your left and right, and charging at the target while shooting and tell me how you do.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Redhooker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm guessing Raider sticker=Cartmann rifle? After seeing the 308 collection I didn't think there could possibly be any room for 5.56-my envy is at level 10. I love those XCRs, have a friend with one and enjoy the hell out of shooting it, the ergos are sooo nice. I bet she is sweet to shoot with a can. </div></div>

I have more than .308's. That pic you saw before were just my .308's.

My collection is pretty modest compared to some guys I have met, but I am satisfied with it.

I shoot my XCR with a can with my Standard Upper 11" barrel, but the Micro upper with 7.5" barrel puts too much wear and tear on the first baffle. 20 rounds from the 7.5" appears it puts more wear and tear on the Silencer than 500 rounds with 14.5" barrel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I shoot my XCR with a can with my Standard Upper 11" barrel, but the Micro upper with 7.5" barrel puts too much wear and tear on the first baffle. 20 rounds from the 7.5" appears it puts more wear and tear on the Silencer than 500 rounds. </div></div>

I heard some suppressor companies won't warranty it if you use a 10" or shorter barrel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pachinko Pistola</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I shoot my XCR with a can with my Standard Upper 11" barrel, but the Micro upper with 7.5" barrel puts too much wear and tear on the first baffle. 20 rounds from the 7.5" appears it puts more wear and tear on the Silencer than 500 rounds. </div></div>

I heard some suppressor companies won't warranty it if you use a 10" or shorter barrel. </div></div>

modified my post to say 500 rounds with 14.5" barrel

I don't know about what Silencer Mfgr say, but for me from here on out I am not shooting Suppressed for any barrel under 14.5"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't know about what Silencer Mfgr say, but for me from here on out I am not shooting Suppressed for any barrel under 14.5" </div></div>

YHM gives a lifetime warranty as long as your barrel is 10.5". If they'll fix it, then who cares how fast it wears.

"The minimum barrel length for which the suppressor is warranted is 10.5 inches. Any repairs not covered by this warranty will be charged to the owner."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pachinko Pistola</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't know about what Silencer Mfgr say, but for me from here on out I am not shooting Suppressed for any barrel under 14.5" </div></div>

YHM gives a lifetime warranty as long as your barrel is 10.5". If they'll fix it, then who cares how fast it wears.

"The minimum barrel length for which the suppressor is warranted is 10.5 inches. Any repairs not covered by this warranty will be charged to the owner." </div></div>

That is true.

How close do you usually shoot at steel?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skeld1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How close do you usually shoot at steel? </div></div>

Normally 25-50 yards, but I go as close as 10 yards sometimes.. which some tell me is dangerous for 556, I don't think it is that dangerous though.. I had shrapnel of 556 come back smack me in the cheek pretty hard once, but nothing serious.

For Pistols (45), I have no problems shooting as close at 10 yards, the shrapnel does not even come close to making it back.

I would not shoot under 25 yards if I was shooting .308.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skeld1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How close do you usually shoot at steel? </div></div>

Most manufacterers will say 100 yards for rifles, but .223 will leave potmarks if you shoot under 250 yards.

Safety wise you're all good as long as you have glasses on. It'll cut your skin, but it won't seriously injure you. At least that has been my experience. Also long pants are smart because your legs are what gets hit with a target that is properly angled downward.

Yeah, I'm worried about safety mostly. Thanks guys.

That was some precise dirt berm killing you guys did there!

Pretty cool semi autos though. I liked my XCR.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pachinko Pistola</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I saw someone shooting a lot and maybe hitting 1 out of every 10 rounds. Kind of defeats the purpose if you can't really hit what you're aiming at doesn't it? </div></div>

I knew I was going to get some Operators like you guys to comment about that. Try running to your left and right, and charging at the target while shooting and tell me how you do. </div></div>

Just to clarify which one are you in the video? Because I didn't see much movement at all.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pachinko Pistola</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skeld1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How close do you usually shoot at steel? </div></div>

Most manufacterers will say 100 yards for rifles, but .223 will leave potmarks if you shoot under 250 yards.

<span style="color: #CC0000">That's not true. 1/2" AR500 will not ding, its all ammo dependent. We shoot on steel with 62gr PMC and it does not deflect or leave dings in the steel. If they are reactive it minimizes damage. </span>

Safety wise you're all good as long as you have glasses on. It'll cut your skin, but it won't seriously injure you. At least that has been my experience. Also long pants are smart because your legs are what gets hit with a target that is properly angled downward.

<span style="color: #CC0000">Hey, that sounds smart! Let's do something that intentionally harms us, and that could possibly make us look uneducated in the eyes of others! Right on dude! </span>

<span style="color: #CC0000">Seriously.... why risk this if you do not know what you are doing? If you shoot reactive targets and actually HIT the target dead center, you will be fine. I would not shooting closer then 25-30 yards. You can also by frangible ammo for such use. </span>

</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Just to clarify which one are you in the video? Because I didn't see much movement at all. </div></div>

I'm the one who's not moving.

He's the smaller guy who moves more.

Anyway, it was just having fun. We had like 1 hour at the range that day.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pachinko Pistola</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skeld1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How close do you usually shoot at steel? </div></div>

<span style="color: #CC0000">That's not true. 1/2" AR500 will not ding, its all ammo dependent. We shoot on steel with 62gr PMC and it does not deflect or leave dings in the steel. If they are reactive it minimizes damage. </span>

<span style="color: #CC0000">Hey, that sounds smart! Let's do something that intentionally harms us, and that could possibly make us look uneducated in the eyes of others! Right on dude! </span>

<span style="color: #CC0000">Seriously.... why risk this if you do not know what you are doing? If you shoot reactive targets and actually HIT the target dead center, you will be fine. I would not shooting closer then 25-30 yards. You can also by frangible ammo for such use. </span>

</div></div> </div></div>

You're right. We're lucky to be alive.

Thanks for the heads up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pachinko Pistola</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I saw someone shooting a lot and maybe hitting 1 out of every 10 rounds. Kind of defeats the purpose if you can't really hit what you're aiming at doesn't it? </div></div>

I knew I was going to get some Operators like you guys to comment about that. Try running to your left and right, and charging at the target while shooting and tell me how you do. </div></div>

Just to clarify which one are you in the video? Because I didn't see much movement at all. </div></div>

No scuba gear at the range like you

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pachinko Pistola</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pachinko Pistola</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skeld1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How close do you usually shoot at steel? </div></div>

Thanks for the heads up.
</div></div>

Operators unite!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pachinko Pistola</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pachinko Pistola</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skeld1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How close do you usually shoot at steel? </div></div>

Thanks for the heads up.
</div></div>

Thats not the point he was making at all.
crazy.gif

Whatever point he was making, I have five steel targets and I've shot many thousands of rounds at steel, so I'm not "uneducated" on shooting steel.

Personally I wouldn't shoot at less than 25 yards rifle, or 10 yards pistol. But you're not going to hurt yourself going closer if that's really what you want to do. Just wear eye protection and keep your mouth closed. Thick clothes are good protection too.

The RSO was right there with us for a while because he heard the bump firing. He had no problem with anything we were doing.

Never had a ND or an accident in my life, not in a car, not on my motorcycle, not in my boat, not on my quad, not with a gun. No need to preach to me about safety.

Yeah those guys in the video are idiots and unsafe! They have been shooting steel unsafely shooting for 4 years now. Idiots man! They need to be trained by Operators like KYS338 that charges $200 per operator class where everyone dresses like ninjas.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pachinko Pistola</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whatever point he was making, I have five steel targets and I've shot many thousands of rounds at steel, so I'm not "uneducated" on shooting steel.

Personally I wouldn't shoot at less than 25 yards rifle, or 10 yards pistol. But you're not going to hurt yourself going closer if that's really what you want to do. Just wear eye protection and keep your mouth closed. Thick clothes are good protection too.

The RSO was right there with us for a while because he heard the bump firing. He had no problem with anything we were doing.

Never had a ND or an accident in my life, not in a car, not on my motorcycle, not in my boat, not on my quad, not with a gun. No need to preach to me about safety. </div></div>

That was not the RSO, that was the president of the club. He commented "cool!" When we were shooting while running and told me good job in keeping the muzzle down while bump firing.

Also don't forget.. GAP is magic man! They have magical barrel wrenches that if used, the gun will become amazingly accurate.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That was not the RSO, that was the president of the club. He commented "cool!" When we were shooting while running and told me good job in keeping the muzzle down while bump firing. </div></div>

Next time we're wearing gas masks during the day and night vision at night. I'm bringing my kevlar too. And we need face paint.

Was that stand alone target a steel one.....? Cuz, I honestly never heard a single "ding" when he was dumping rounds toward it. Nothing like living up to the old adage of....."You can't miss fast enough!"

You guys looks like you had a fun time though, & I guess that's what its all about sometimes.....having a fun day! Glad you can do it & wish I could've been there with ya!
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mgd45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Was that stand alone target a steel one.....? Cuz, I honestly never heard a single "ding" when he was dumping rounds toward it. Nothing like living up to the old adage of....."You can't miss fast enough!"

You guys looks like you had a fun time though, & I guess that's what its all about sometimes.....having a fun day! Glad you can do it & wish I could've been there with ya!
smile.gif
</div></div>

LOL yeah I think I heard 1 ding.

Next time we'll bring the precision guns and shoot some 0.1 MOA groups to get our Internet cred back
smile.gif

We were actually going to shoot groups on Saturday, but my wife was insistent that I get back and do some family stuff. Maybe this weekend we can make a day of it and do actual shooting instead of just making loud noises.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mgd45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Was that stand alone target a steel one.....? Cuz, I honestly never heard a single "ding" when he was dumping rounds toward it. Nothing like living up to the old adage of....."You can't miss fast enough!"

smile.gif
</div></div>

I know, I thought I missed every shot at first, it was not till I saw the video where I realized.. SCORE! got one hahaha.

Anyone can stand still and hit a 11x17 target at 25 yards, I was moving at a good pace, and tried to get shots off as fast as possible.

If you ever played video games, you know what I am talking about, hard to make any hits when your are moving fast.. Be cool if the targets moved too (in unpredictable patterns)!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pachinko Pistola</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That was not the RSO, that was the president of the club. He commented "cool!" When we were shooting while running and told me good job in keeping the muzzle down while bump firing. </div></div>

Next time we're wearing gas masks during the day and night vision at night. I'm bringing my kevlar too. And we need face paint. </div></div>

I am going to rent some SCUBA Gear and a SCUBA tank, shooting with SCUBA gear is how you become an Operator like the cool kids here.

I felt a little Gay that day.

We only spent 1.5 hours at the range that day and for me it was enough to had some fun.... reason I felt gay was because there was College Football on, and I was at the Gun Range!!! How gay is that? I don't think it gets any gayer than that.

One moment shooting while football is on, what's next? "balls across the nose"?

I think we need to remake this video but have my editor friend in NYC add special effects to make us look more competent. He can edit in a loud DING! after every shot and some impact graphics.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I felt a little Gay that day.

We only spent 1.5 hours at the range that day and for me it was enough to had some fun.... reason I felt gay was because there was College Football on, and I was at the Gun Range!!! How gay is that? I don't think it gets any gayer than that.

One moment shooting while football is on, what's next? "balls across the nose"? </div></div>

hahahahaha

It's a fine line between shooting on a Saturday and balls across the nose.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah those guys in the video are idiots and unsafe! They have been shooting steel unsafely shooting for 4 years now. Idiots man! They need to be trained by Operators like KYS338 that charges $200 per operator class where everyone dresses like ninjas. </div></div>

Do you mask your envy by calling everyone else operators, because you are uneducated in the fine art of carbine manipulation?! It's odd behavior, but to each his own I guess.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah those guys in the video are idiots and unsafe! They have been shooting steel unsafely shooting for 4 years now. Idiots man! They need to be trained by Operators like KYS338 that charges $200 per operator class where everyone dresses like ninjas. </div></div>

Do you mask your envy by calling everyone else operators, because you are uneducated in the fine art of carbine manipulation?! It's odd behavior, but to each his own I guess. </div></div>

Fine Art of Carbine Manipulation? Ha! They are just guns man, simple devices that any 8 year old can use. Let me guess, you tell your people you are "An Artist" right?

Operators like KYS338 is why I love Gun Forums so much! I am pretty much bored of guns... but gun forums I never get tired of.

Man it's so dumb to learn how to use a weapon well, what a bunch of fucking retards.

Damn 8 year olds can figure it out, why would anyone want to improve their shooting abilities. I mean, don't we all just shoot at dirt berms. Isn't that the purpose of weapons, to shoot at steel targets and give us a reason to post on the net?

I pity all of you guys who actually train to use your weapons in the defense of yourself or others. I hope you trip, fall, and have a ND right into the back of one of your guys. That will teach you to practice!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: victory</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man it's so dumb to learn how to use a weapon well, what a bunch of fucking retards.

Damn 8 year olds can figure it out, why would anyone want to improve their shooting abilities. I mean, don't we all just shoot at dirt berms. Isn't that the purpose of weapons, to shoot at steel targets and give us a reason to post on the net?

I pity all of you guys who actually train to use your weapons in the defense of yourself or others. I hope you trip, fall, and have a ND right into the back of one of your guys. That will teach you to practice! </div></div>

Defense of what man? You an Operator too? Navy SEAL?

Hate to break the news to you, but here in the Civilian world that Cartmann lives in, we know that if we use our guns against people, for any reason, even self defense, look forward to $50,000 in lawyer fees!!!! Best thing to do is TRAIN to not use your gun at all.

In the Cartmann Class, here is how we teach Guns:
"Get down! Take Cover!!!!!!"

You're only giving Cartmann what he wants. It's his MO to get you guys riled up on forums.

In reality Cartmann is a very good shooter. I've seen him make hits at 1 mile on human sized targets. When he's being serious, he can shoot very well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EricCartmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am pretty much bored of guns... but gun forums I never get tired of. </div></div>

So your only reason for coming to Sniper's Hide now is to simply to stir shit up? What's the point of shooting altogether if you're not hitting what you're aiming at? And if an 8 year old can do it then why can't you?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pachinko Pistola</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You're only giving Cartmann what he wants. It's his MO to get you guys riled up on forums.

In reality Cartmann is a very good shooter. I've seen him make hits at 1 mile on human sized targets. When he's being serious, he can shoot very well.

</div></div>

Left out that it was a one shot kill, where I had to range, estimate elevation, and estimate the wind too.