• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors VIDEO - RECCE 7 Sound Test Comparison (B&K PULSE System)

GRIFFIN_ARMAMENT

Official Sniper's Hide account of Griffin Armament
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
In this sound test comparison, we metered the RECCE 7 alongside the SilencerCo Chimera 300, Sig Sauer SRD762-QD, OSS HX-QD 762, and the AAC 7.62-SDN-6 using the same host firearms and ammunition.

For a full rundown of the B&K Pulse metering equipment used and the testing procedure, please refer to our "Introduction to Sound Testing" video available HERE

Silencers were configured with the most readily available mounts on hand. Thread adapters were used for certain setups due to muzzle device availability at the time of filming.

Reactions: nikerret
Very interesting to see how uniformly poorly the OSS did at the ear (and at the muzzle but that is expected). I expected it on full house 308 but not on 300blk and 5.56. Must need a tight bore and high pressure to perform properly cause I know their 5.56 Helix does better than that on 5.56.

Reactions: JWG
Very interesting to see how uniformly poorly the OSS did at the ear (and at the muzzle but that is expected). I expected it on full house 308 but not on 300blk and 5.56. Must need a tight bore and high pressure to perform properly cause I know their 5.56 Helix does better than that on 5.56.
The OSS is pretty overbored in all calibers. In the above video, you're seeing a .224 slug launched through something like a 0.35 bore.

Agreed, but the increased volume in other large bore cans usually makes up for it. For example the Nomad on 5.56 performs really well even though the bore is pretty big, but it is a pretty large volume can (at least compared to most 5.56 specific cans). Whereas the OSS 7.62 has a lot of additional internal volume over their 5.56 can, but doesn't see the same bump in performance, must be something specific to the design.