• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

VIHTAVUORI N170 for 375CT?

Robinireland

Vulcanologist
Minuteman
Jul 22, 2020
United Kingdom
Has anyone used VIHTAVUORI N170 for loading 375CT?
I ask, as being in the U.K., Retumbo isn’t available here, but (according to my burn chart) it’s the same burn rate as N170. Hence my curiosity.
I’ll be running Lehigh Defence 353gr Match Solids and Cutting Edge 377gr MTAC’s with Reloader 50 (Elcho 50 in the U.K.) through my 35” Lothar Walther 1 in 10” twist barrel, but am open to hearing any anecdotal evidence from anyone who’s had any good results with N170 (or not, as the case may be)
I’ve got over 40lbs of N170 of it in the bunker, which I use for 50cal tracer, but as the Military are still preventing us from using their Field Fire Ranges, I’m hoping to find a use for the N170.

I’ll use a Sharpie and change the 1 to a 5 then.
Good luck with that!
Screenshot_20200927-180830~2.png

Reactions: Geno C.
Using VV 24n41 in my 375 SnipeTAC with good results which is basically an Ackley'd Cheytac. Shooting 400 gr Flatlines and just finished calibrating the rifle at Gunsite.

Reactions: Geno C.
I used to have a 375CT about 10 years ago and Jamison brass would last 2-3 cycles. Looking back my load was probably too hot, it was 350gr Hookers with 32gr Retumbo out of 11 twist 32" barrel, around 3200 fps. How many cycles are you guys getting nowadays with the brass you use? Just trying to see how things have changed or how hot my load actually was.

Thanks