• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Village Idiot Suggestions

Hobo Hilton

Private
Minuteman
Jun 4, 2011
Pacific Northwest
I will preface this... I would like some "Forward Looking" comments.
I was told by one of my upstanding local Sheriff's Deputies "we are living in changing times". He was very businesslike and represented his department well. Actually a K-9 unit.

Every neighborhood / community has one "Village Idiot". IDK if it's a person who just wants to piss off the residents. A guy who does not realize he is pissing people off. Or a guy who wants to incubate a "reverse call" to the local LEO because someone complained about his activities.

To date, there is no law, statue or covenant against his activities. No noise ordinance in the county. He's the guy who, at 2 am decides to go out and check the non-suppressed coyote rifle using his new NOG's. The guy who just finished the rebuild on his Harley with drag pipes and needs to run through the hood just as your wife with a migraine dozed off at 11 pm..... The guy who likes to lay rubber at the nearest stop sign at 5 am just to show the neighborhood he has a job and goes to work early.... You know, "that guy".

Changing Times - No, you can't pepper his tailgate, pour sugar in his gas tank. He has more rights than you.

Comments ?

• Angry
Reactions: AMGtuned
My son lived next to village idiot(s), loud vehicles <multiple>, music, pipes on the harley and rice grinders, headers on the big trucks. Neighbor would continually rev the engines at all hours, while kids were trying to get a baby/young daughter some sleep.

Noise complaints to the local PD only made matters worse, and family ended up selling and moving to a different area. Old "Western" justice would be the best IMHO. I will leave it at that.

1 vote for assholes with ghetto mating music at 125dbs .
Another vote for the fuck knobs that barely slow down let alone stop at stop signs . I had a spate of 3yrs and about 6 car accidents , none my fault .
Rear ended , T-Boned , even run down on foot .
Every single mother fucker that hit me flipped shit like I was to blame .
One 4ft 400 pound umpaloomp hit me so fast and hard at a stop sign she drove under my car and we came to a stop 60 yds later . Dumb Ho musta still been standing on the gas after impact .
So pissed right now just remembering this shit I wanna throat punch something .

Anyone who listens to music, talk radio, or books on tape, through earbuds or headphones- WHILE DRIVING- is a fecking TOOL.

Wearing flip flops while driving makes one at least half queer, and definitely full stupid.

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
Accidents happen.

th

I was once the asshole...had no clue really as I was 25 years old and full of myself. Essentially ran open headers on my Mustang and loved stepping on it every day to work.

Had a neighbor politely come up and explain one day that I keep waking his newborn up, and that it was stressing the family out and causing his wife to lose sleep. He was extremely nice during his explanation. I felt like an ass. From that point on I limped out of the neighborhood in my car.

Sometimes a polite encounter is enough.

If not, start using his address for all of the Pride party invitations. The sky is the limit.

I was once the asshole...had no clue really as I was 25 years old and full of myself. Essentially ran open headers on my Mustang and loved stepping on it every day to work.

Had a neighbor politely come up and explain one day that I keep waking his newborn up, and that it was stressing the family out and causing his wife to lose sleep. He was extremely nice during his explanation. I felt like an ass. From that point on I limped out of the neighborhood in my car.

Sometimes a polite encounter is enough.

If not, start using his address for all of the Pride party invitations. The sky is the limit.
You are preaching to the choir. I too had some noise makers when I was young. But, times have changed as far as people. Nothing has changed as far as getting a colicy baby back to sleep.... Been on some ride alongs with the LEO's answering those kind of complaints... I have a lot of respect for how professional they were. They knew they could vent to me when we rolled to the next call....
JMHO

Was building a 4 diamond softball field in 06 and had to have it done done before April,needless to say stressed. All the while every morning trash pick up was at 4 am behind the house shaking the ground slamming the dumpster down. Finally called city hall and said if want that field done in time ,reroute that guy !

I have no idea if the dude is still alive, but back when I used to live in Fayetteville Ar...
There is a dude everyone just called "Goldie".
Honest to god, every one in town knew him, or of him.
Reason for the moniker...he always had a gold colored face from huffing gold spray paint....he'd spray it into a paper bag and have at it.
Story was, he was an exceptional student at UofA, or was a professor....not sure which.
The dude had serious rights, all the cops knew him and when they could tell he was hungry they would give him a day or 2 in jail so he could get some meals in him (yes, I'm serious).
Most of the fast food places would kick him a meal if he dropped by....seemed the whole town sorta took care of him in one way or the other.

I have the strangest feeling he is still stumbling about that town even though it's massively expanded from what it was (WalMart effect).
Anyone in that area know anything new ?

As a person who daily drives a full bolt on, cammed, big stall truck I take resentment in your comments! Lol. Seriously my truck is loud but I limp it the best I can out the neighborhood.

With that said I’m not revving the piss out of it in the middle of the night either.

I believe people should have whatever loud shot they want within reason. I also have loud systems in vehicles that are capable of setting car alarms off. Also motorcycles.

How you choose to act with those things is what makes you the village idiot or a decent neighbor.

If I have an iconsiderate neighbor move in and they want to blare their loud music at all hours of the night mine can get louder. If they want to rev their engines up mine can get louder lol. So just be respectful as you can be and haven’t had any problems.

I probably have had 5-6 cars that rattle windows and used to go to work at 4:30 am. Just have to idle around.

Meanwhile I'm totally silent as I leave my house at dawn and just as silent when I come back home in the evening.
About the only noise is my garage door opening and closing.
Been doing that for 5+ years now

I've kind of gotten to love creeping around all silent like.

My son lived next to village idiot(s), loud vehicles <multiple>, music, pipes on the harley and rice grinders, headers on the big trucks. Neighbor would continually rev the engines at all hours, while kids were trying to get a baby/young daughter some sleep.

Noise complaints to the local PD only made matters worse, and family ended up selling and moving to a different area. Old "Western" justice would be the best IMHO. I will leave it at that.
This is what's happening to a good friend of mine. Last weekend I was on the phone with him and I hear these three loud pops followed by the sound of my buddy racking his EDC. He thought his dipshit neighbors, who'd been drinking most of the evening and had been acting in accordance with every negative stereotype, were potentially shooting off rounds in the direction of him, his house, and his children.

Was a tense few minutes before he came back saying it was all fine, it appeared to have been firecrackers, everyone was safe. But yeah they're fixing up to move the hell out next month and I don't blame 'em.