• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vindman

Sorry 'Pudge' but you're going to have to try and make it in the private sector now.

And worthless O5's are a dime a dozen.

Wonder if he got in enough years for his full pension... Meh, who cares. His list of potential employers is going to be long and woke. But his value is about 'nil.

I'll leave the vitriol at that level. Because if I get started talking 'traitor' I'll go on all night.

Sirhr

My hearing is pretty shitty, however I thought I heard he was retiring because Trump was being mean to him.

Heard that too. Wait, an Army officer is quitting because someone was mean to him? I don't have the guys bio handy, but any bets he went through ROTC to get his commission? I work with a retired Army DI, and every so often she puts 'the fear' in me. And I hung the uniform up 10 years ago. But then again, Navy OCS has Marine DIs as part of the class leadership.

But seriously? Quitting because someone was mean? Wait till he gets to the American Legion post and sees his pic in the urinals next to Bergdal and Manning.

Yeah. Those worthless fukn LTCs. Fukk em.
I was one when I retired but I worked for a living and was enlisted. Lol. I would have put Vindman out on the fat boy chapter.
One of my best friends... former college roommate... is a retired USAF O-5. He hates retired O-5's. And O-6's. Especially the AF Academy types. Most of them have a chip on their shoulder for not making O-6. And especially for not getting a star. Of course, he came from working class family in Oneida, NY. And worked his ass off on a ROTC scholarship. And never got the whole ring banger thing handed to him. Or his degree. Or his AF career. Or his clusters.

In Defense industry, I ran into them all the time. Pathetic individuals in so many cases. So many stories.

What I will say is that any of the Mustang officers I met were ALL people I aspired to be. One of the greatest guys I ever worked with in defense was a Private who got into West Point... left the USA as a Captain and went to GD. That guy was squared away hard and an intellect that made me look like a ditch-digging retard.... and he was a gentleman at every turn. Oh, yeah, Tim hated O-5's and O-6's. See above.

Sirhr

Tammy’s stunt sure backfired, but admittedly I still find it amazing people think Vindman is the asshole in this saga.

He manifestly isn't. He nor the Ambassador, did anything wrong. We missed out, big time, on asserting our status as a world leader and ass kicker over Crimea and the broader Ukraine issue. Obama wussed (shocker) and Trump made it about him (shocker). Meanwhile we went and did our dirty laundry in front of everyone and still left stains on the white underwear showing the world we're bad at that too.

The single worst thing to have happened to American politics is cable news, 24hr news cycles and the need for constant 'shit' to be outraged about. It's forced a rush to make the news rather than get shit done right. However, when govt. to work under it's own cloak and dagger we had McNamara so...

(yes, I realize I'm tempting the ban hammer for not being an automoton, sorry, it's this fucking brain that won't do what it's told by others...).

Reactions: stilesg57
soros will give that piece of shit a job.
You are not wrong. He will take in 6-figures working for the deep state.

POS... who came to this country from a POS place... and got every advantage. And is still (along with his POS brother) a POS communist.

SIrhr

And sadley the two that are the real stars of this show are in a bunker deper that the one in the White House: Hunter and Joe Biden. If it wasn't for those two corrupt individuals, none of this would have happened.

Reactions: FishinGuns
His wiki entry.

sirhr

5C1158EB-DA6D-4C57-B080-83AA7A6A21FB.jpeg

Still don't like the SOB and consider him extremely lucky to not have been courts-martialed. ALL of those positions serve at the sole pleasure of the President. Their only function is to carry out the express policy and directives of the ELECTED office holder, whether popular or not. That pompous ass was given his marching orders and instead took his personal dislike outside of the chain of command and aired it to those not cleared for the information. What he did, in the way he did it was, in fact treason, period... I hated a shit ton of ineffective, ignorant, untrained, unskilled spineless officers. BUT, I carried out my orders because of the respect for the office, not the officious asshat in said office. If he didn't agree with the policy, assessment or directives once clarified, then he should've notified his superiors and tendered his resignation. Same assessment for the vindictive little twit Voinovich. Sec./State should have fired both instantly, made a single statement about their violation of their oath of office, declared their info a national security matter. Open your mouth after that and your ass gets introduced to Florence ADMAX...

He wasn’t a political appointment, like many at the NSC. He never spoke publicly before he was subpoenaed by Congress.

Looked over his wiki entry twice and couldn’t find the part where he didn’t serve because of bone spurs? 🤷‍♂️

I’ve just never understood the hate for this guy and I guess I never will. I’ve never taken orders from an O-5 or O-6 I don’t like or anything like that, but still. Just don’t get it.

Reactions: sirhrmechanic
Not a political assignment, but the National Security Council and still an officer that did supposedly speak to intelligence staffers and outside of his chain on his distain for policy and other issues that weren't cleared. It was supposedly no secret that he wasn't timid of giving HIS opinion of policy. His supervisor lacked trust and excluded him from sensitive discussions on White House matters. At the that level, make the statements that have been attributed to him outside of channels and you commit career suicide. I've never been a political animal. Dispise officers that are or were. Personally, I think if I had someone at that level I couldn't trust, his ass would be reassigned for someone that could get with the program. And for what? According to his own testimony, he felt that the President should be impeached? For God's sake, that's a straight-up treason charge for any serving officer....Just a lowly staff sergeant, I stayed in the field and out of the limelight when possible. But at least I understood I didn't have to like the order, but as long as it was lawful....

Tammy’s stunt sure backfired, but admittedly I still find it amazing people think Vindman is the asshole in this saga.

Agreed. He doesn't rise to asshole level, he's only an ass. I'm an asshole and earned the title.

He wasn’t a political appointment, like many at the NSC. He never spoke publicly before he was subpoenaed by Congress.

Looked over his wiki entry twice and couldn’t find the part where he didn’t serve because of bone spurs? 🤷‍♂️

I’ve just never understood the hate for this guy and I guess I never will. I’ve never taken orders from an O-5 or O-6 I don’t like or anything like that, but still. Just don’t get it.

Get all your intel from wiki?

Of course, he came from working class family in Oneida, NY. And worked his ass off on a ROTC scholarship. And never got the whole ring banger thing handed to him. Or his degree. Or his AF career. Or his clusters.

Some of you people have a really distorted idea of what going to a service academy is like. Usually, it's the people who never did make it in.........

Nobody hands you shit. Not your admission, not your commission, not your class ring, and certainly not your diploma. And once out in the fleet, no one who was sitting in any of the many professional training and qualification boards (where failure meant "not promotable") I had to sweat through gave a fuck where I got my commission from either.

Easily 3/4 of the guys in my USNA company were from working class backgrounds or from white collar families who came up from the bottom.

I can take some ring knocker ribbing (even though I never wear mine). But I'll be damned if I'll let anyone diminish or disrespect the amount of work, sweat, and will that it takes to make it through a group of schools that most couldn't enter even if they tried.

a group of schools that most couldn't enter even if they tried.
And yet you did. (JK)

There's shitbirds in everything. And as far as this fat fuck. I'd like to see the write ups that got him those shiny metals and then talk to the people that were on the scene. Something tells me that the two may not run like train tracks.
I witnessed a staff nco do something stupid and caused a fire. He grabbed a fire extinguisher and it was empty. Finally after three fire extinguishers one worked and with some help of others smothering the fire with sand and other things the fire was out. Now the funny: This POS was the safety nco. It was his responsibility to make sure that the fire extinguishers were charged and in working order. Because they weren't he didn't make a report to the base fire department. This shitbird was given a Navy Achievement Medal for his actions. Granted millions upon millions of dollars worth of equipment were going to be destroyed if the fire wasn't put out. But he started the fire by using a torch to remove a bolt on a oil and fuel soaked crate that contained a large generator.
After the medal was awarded he was questioned by the base fire department on why the fire was never reported. I wonder how they swept that under the rug.

Some of you people have a really distorted idea of what going to a service academy is like. Usually, it's the people who never did make it in.........

Nobody hands you shit. Not your admission, not your commission, not your class ring, and certainly not your diploma. And once out in the fleet, no one who was sitting in any of the many professional training and qualification boards (where failure meant "not promotable") I had to sweat through gave a fuck where I got my commission from either.

Easily 3/4 of the guys in my USNA company were from working class backgrounds or from white collar families who came up from the bottom.

I can take some ring knocker ribbing (even though I never wear mine). But I'll be damned if I'll let anyone diminish or disrespect the amount of work, sweat, and will that it takes to make it through a group of schools that most couldn't enter even if they tried.
My apologies 308... my post was not aimed at academy grads at all... see the second part about my friend Tim who went to Westpoint from the enlisted Ranks. One day he was an Artillery E-3.... the next day his CO said he had been selected to attend Westpoint, congratulations. Goodbye. He used to joke that he had no idea he had a choice in the matter and did not even know it was coming.

As someone mentioned above, every institution can graduate folks who are incredible human beings. And garbage. And noone can deny that the academies graduate hundreds of the former for each latter...

Vindeman wasn't an academy grad, either. He was a SUNY and a Harvard... An institution that I will happily trash all day long.

Again, my apologies!

Sirhr

Definitely not your typical four year college.

Finest officer I ever served with was a ring knocker...so was the worst. Not an idiot, just not a leader.

My Father used to say that "if you went in the military as a pig then you would come out a CLEAN pig."

Obviously he meant clean on the outside. It was the person's character that he was referring to.

To paraphrase and plagiarize an old saying: The military doesn't build character it reveals it.

PS: Vindman is proof that even a pig is still a pig no matter what uniform it wears.

Reactions: FishinGuns
My apologies 308... my post was not aimed at academy grads at all... see the second part about my friend Tim who went to Westpoint from the enlisted Ranks. One day he was an Artillery E-3.... the next day his CO said he had been selected to attend Westpoint, congratulations. Goodbye. He used to joke that he had no idea he had a choice in the matter and did not even know it was coming.

As someone mentioned above, every institution can graduate folks who are incredible human beings. And garbage. And noone can deny that the academies graduate hundreds of the former for each latter...

Vindeman wasn't an academy grad, either. He was a SUNY and a Harvard... An institution that I will happily trash all day long.

Again, my apologies!

Sirhr

My apologies if I misunderstood you.

All's well.

The write up for the Purple Heart (PH) could be interesting too. When my unit was hit with an IED in early 2007 in Iraq, we had three injuries. The driver earned his PH. He lived, but almost lost a leg. The gunner, thanks to the vehicle armor and his body armor, looked like he went 30 seconds with Mike Tyson, but walked away with only a few scratches and a some good bruises. Ops,who was TCing the Humvee, was weird. The IED went off on the left side of the vehicle. And his injury was a flash burn on the right side of his neck. But ops got his PH for a flesh wound.

So how did Pudge get his PH? Maybe he is a future John Kerry in the works.

Definitely not your typical four year college.

I understand shitbags can come from anyplace.

What I take issue with is this idea that somehow service academies are cushy, clubby, easy places to get your degree and commission from.

I know where the idea comes from. I just won't abide it.

Reactions: stilesg57
The write up for the Purple Heart (PH) could be interesting too. When my unit was hit with an IED in early 2007 in Iraq, we had three injuries. The driver earned his PH. He lived, but almost lost a leg. The gunner, thanks to the vehicle armor and his body armor, looked like he went 30 seconds with Mike Tyson, but walked away with only a few scratches and a some good bruises. Ops,who was TCing the Humvee, was weird. The IED went off on the left side of the vehicle. And his injury was a flash burn on the right side of his neck. But ops got his PH for a flesh wound.

So who did Pudge get his PH? Maybe he is a future John Kerry in the works.

I saw on wikipedia that he got his from his vehicle hit by an IED and I was wondering what exactly qualified as an injury worthy of the purple heart.

Reactions: DarnYankeeUSMC
I understand shitbags can come from anyplace.

What I take issue with is this idea that somehow service academies are cushy, clubby, easy places to get your degree and commission from.

I know where the idea comes from. I just won't abide it.

Actually, they are clubby/clique'ish, at least in my experience with USNA grads. I've known one that was GTG. The three others I've known...what a waste of fucking O2. Smdh...two were entitled idiots, and the other was a sociopath on a power trip. Perhaps I was just unlucky in who I met from the USNA(?).

When people ask why I turned down a commission...twice...I tell them because I didn't want to have to deal with all the assholes. Cream floats to the top, and so does shit. Besides, I liked being an NCO/SNCO; that's where your leadership is really tested, and often.

• Love
Reactions: Dragonscout25
You have to show some injury. Ops was keen to have me take pics of his wound. But I remember the Army was quick to get awards out in that time frame. Our first IED strike the Army awarded CABs to the unit in less than two weeks. It took the Navy to award me my Combat Action Ribbon about 6 months from the same action.

Reactions: 308pirate
Vindmann is a piece of shit, directly involved in an attempted coup to remove a duly elected President.
He had an axe to grind because he thought the President was mean.

Reactions: Dragonscout25
Actually, they are clubby/clique'ish, at least in my experience with USNA grads.
I said shitbags come out of all of them.

That is a completely different thing than assuming the service academies are some cushy country club finishing school. That trope lives on in the minds of some, who obviously have no clue.

Vindmann is a piece of shit, directly involved in an attempted coup to remove a duly elected President.
He had an axe to grind because he thought the President was mean.

Imagine how the press would treat someone who pulled a “Vindman” if a coup would have been attempted against Obama.

The impeachment was a lot of things, but it definitely wasn’t a coup guys. Words like “coup” and “traitor” get thrown around wayyyy too easily.

And regardless of how he got his PH Vindman served out country and I do respect that. It’s more than I can say...or the guy he testified against can say.

I just need to stop posting on this thread, I’m never gonna understand the level of vitriol for the guy.

I said shitbags come out of all of them.

That is a completely different thing than assuming the service academies are some cushy country club finishing school. That trope lives on in the minds of some, who obviously have no clue.
And I said “Perhaps I was just unlucky who I met from the USNA.” I know they can’t all be that way, but that has been my experience, save the snotties we had with us on deployment. But they left early when we got tasked to go into Northern Iraq in a hurry...they seemed like good kids (the snotties).

The impeachment was a lot of things, but it definitely wasn’t a coup guys. Words like “coup” and “traitor” get thrown around wayyyy too easily.

And regardless of how he got his PH Vindman served out country and I do respect that. It’s more than I can say...or the guy he testified against can say.

I just need to stop posting on this thread, I’m never gonna understand the level of vitriol for the guy.
For some reason, you can't understand that an illegal investigation, based on falsified documents with no other purpose than to remove the President is a coup.
Not all coups are military/violent takeover's.
I'm guessing you never served in the military. Not that there is an issue with that specifically, but without a frame of reference, and your willing blindness to the facts, then you'll never understand.

I served for 24 years. I served with some incredible folks. I also served with pieces of shit. Wearing a uniform does not mean that you aren't a piece of shit.

Never served, and I totally get that good and bad folks alike wear the same uniform. I do really respect the act of putting yourself at hazard for the US in a way most Americans never do, even if plenty of shitheads hold that card. But calling a pretty legitimate impeachment inquiry and trial in the Senate a “coup” raises the BS flag to me, and reading the testimony given during those hearings and the transcript of that call is not willing blindness to facts as much as ignoring them is IMO. Agree to disagree I guess.

• Angry
The impeachment inquiry was pure fiction. Kabuki theater at best. I'd hardly call a party line vote impeachment "legitimate".