• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft Vinyl Stencil Peel & Stick Tutorial

its pretty simple, I just finished one yesterday using rattle can paint
IMG_20200505_104018.jpg

1: Prep your surface (remove all oil dirt,etc)
2: Mask off (or remove) Items you dont want painted
3: Select your colors/ sticker patterns
4:.Paint the base coat (this is the color that will show up the least IMO)

IMG_20200504_171613.jpg

5: Once the coat of paint is dry (in my case after 1hr) add your stickers how you please (keep in mind, the paint you cover up with the stickers is the paint that will show up when you peel the stickers off)

6:.Paint over everything with your next color
7: Repeat steps 5 and 6 for your other colors
8: .Hang it up somewhere to dry till all the paint is cured completely
9: .Carefully and slowly remove your stickers
10:.Profit
IMG_20200505_104609.jpg
IMG_20200505_104702.jpg
IMG_20200505_104050.jpg

Stencils I used are the Swedish M90 pattern from www.freedomstencils.com

Last edited:
Really appreciate it!!! Looks good btw. I was thinking of taking it once it’s done over to a friends who can put several coats of automotive clear coat or use alumahyde for protection. Does that play well with rattle can paint?
yes, the darker green is Alumahyde OD green. Alumahyde does give some hard edges from the stickers though. you can just smooth the edges over by rubbing them with your thumb.

IMG_20200508_191101.jpg
IMG_20200508_191126.jpg

I got really bored so I broke out my Savage 10 and gave it a camo paint using the sticker stencils. its a good thing to rough up the stock first with 150-300 grit sandpaper before you clean/degrease. spray paint loves rough surfaces (helps the stickers peel off easier without taking the paint with it) I learned this the hard way.

You'll want to pull the stickers when it's tacked but not fully cured. If you wait the paint can adhere to then and tear.
A light sand with 800-1000 will smooth the paint edges and a coat of matt or satin clear will help it last.