• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Viper PST EBR-2C

I preordered one as well and my local gunshop (vortex dealer) said not to expect mine until May but he was not sure that was a hard date.

Wow. I was told March when I placed the order. I have noticed a few changes on the Vortex website to. It was changed from Available Spring 2014 to Coming Soon.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I'm curious if certain vendors will get shipped to first...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Now their site shows Summer 2014. Hopefully they are just busy and not having some sort of problem with quality.

I ordered from liberty optics. Hope it's a late march time frame. It's my first "exspensive" scope. Can't wait to get it!

This my first as well.
I am looking forward to many years to come with this scope.

I want one of these too but waiting to get an idea on timeframe before ordering, if its end of summer then I will go with something else

Anyone have an FFP 6-24 with the EBR-1? How do you like it?

Yep, like it alot.

Both will serve you well, I can't see myself swapping mine out, which also has rubber power ring, for the new ebr2c

What class would you put the optical quality in? I've only been able to look through the PST inside stores but it looks really good.

I've had one and really enjoy it, great value... Optically better than the 4-16 FFP PST I used to have.

I'm with Sharpshooter... I also noticed they value engineered it and got rid of the rubber power ring which I really like.

What class would you put the optical quality in? I've only been able to look through the PST inside stores but it looks really good.

Depends on which model PST. I've own/owned a few and across the two 4-16x models I got the optics were not up to snuff compared to the rest of the PST line. I ended up selling and returning to vendor.

For the price the scopes gives a good balance to the end user and that's what the PST line is about... Optically its not amazing but its good and very much in line for the price, and depending on the model better than expected at times. I think the 1-4x has fantastic glass across the entire range. The 6-24 is pretty excellent till you get to max and near max mag. Its not like the image goes to shit but you can tell it gets a little darker, hazes up a little, and low light performance starts to drop off.

The SWFA 5-20 for example I can see a healthy noticeable improvement in all optical areas, but it also cost more and lacks features the PST has. After owning the SWFA 5-20 that's kinda become my standard for value vs price for optical performance because its hard to find something similar for the money.

Glass is noticeably better than 4-16 model, it's not top of the line but more than you will need imo

What is used on the power ring on the erbc-2 model?
I guess the question is wait until the erbc-2 comes out or get one in stock and start shooting now? Hmmmm???

What is used on the power ring on the erbc-2 model?
I guess the question is wait until the erbc-2 comes out or get one in stock and start shooting now? Hmmmm???

Vortex moved from rubber power ring to aluminum power ring on all scopes pretty much last year

Got mine a few months ago. So far im really pleased. I have several nightforce , Leopold. Wasn't sure about it when I placed the order , but havnt been disappointed yet. Will be shooting several matches in the next month and will see how it holds up.