• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Viper PST's still on for mid June?

Re: Viper PST's still on for mid June?

1269_Raccoon_Really_Really_Want.jpg

We still have 13 days for June, so no worries.

...But I will get worried if I can't use my optic on my Fireworks Day shoot.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jeffersonv</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hear the time has come?
Stay tuned. </div></div>

Sheww! If you know something.....SPILL IT!! LOL

I was in a local shop who had recently talked to their supplier today. They were expecting them within the next week so I would imagine that's when most of them would be coming in.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #3333FF">Scott. I contacted your office a few weeks ago with questions on the PST's and Razor. Someone in your shop told me that the PST'S could possibly be late July or August before I could expect one if I have not already ordered it. I have already received my Razor but wonder if it is true on the PST'S?</span></span>

does anyone know if the scope will come with flip up covers ??
on the data all i have seen is a sunshade and a battery that will come with it . i'm in on one of these to just need to know if i need to order BC flip ups 39# & 10# to go with the scope .

TS2

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RockinRandall</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #3333FF">Scott. I contacted your office a few weeks ago with questions on the PST's and Razor. Someone in your shop told me that the PST'S could possibly be late July or August before I could expect one if I have not already ordered it. I have already received my Razor but wonder if it is true on the PST'S?</span></span> </div></div>

Not to speak out of turn but I would say even if they were released today, and you haven't pre-ordered one, it would be at least that long before you would be able to get one due to the huge amount of pre-orders.

can't wait to hear what everyone thinks about this scope..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KSP446</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jeffersonv</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hear the time has come?
Stay tuned. </div></div>

Sheww! If you know something.....SPILL IT!! LOL </div></div>

That was what I received in a message from a dealer. I didn't say more about it till i had something for sure.
Turns out, the time has come to pay for the scope even though it isn't here yet.(?)

Sorry for the confusion, but I was confused myself.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TS2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">does anyone know if the scope will come with flip up covers ??
on the data all i have seen is a sunshade and a battery that will come with it . i'm in on one of these to just need to know if i need to order BC flip ups 39# & 10# to go with the scope .

TS2 </div></div>
I'm pretty sure they are not included.

When it comes, it comes. It should be a very nice piece when it does finally arrive. I've got an order in for one and I suspect I'll get it when it gets here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JHF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just canceled my orders... mid june my ass. </div></div>

I'd rather wait a little longer and everything be right with them than to have them rush them out and there be problems with them!

Probably shouldn't have announced them until all the bugs were worked out, though...but I know shit happens and not everything can be anticipated. I can wait another month.

There aren't necessarily bugs in the product because the product is late (and I'm not sure it's even late yet). A new product release is huge and requires so much from an organization that it's not unusual at all to miscalculate the when.

Now, if there were recent engineering changes that they tried to get in under the wire, well, all bets are off.

John

They'll be here when they are here. Hopefully the reason they are delaying the release date is to build up enough stock so there aren't a bunch of angry people on backorder lists.

these Scopes are coming from overseas. Any company knows when their product leaves the manufacturer and is 'on the boat'. With new product releases this kind of info is usually given to potential customers. We haven't heard anything like that yet, so my guess is we are nowhere near getting these in our hands. Not sure what the transit time is from the phillipines, but its 3-5 weeks from China to the company's door...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scott_at_Vortex</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can confirm that they do not have any yet along with everyone else ,but we are still sticking to our estimated June release date.

Scott </div></div>

Guys, Scott at Vortex posted this here on the 16th (four days ago), so I think they are keeping there "future" customers updated. I think they will continue to update us (I pre-ordered/pre-paid @ Liberty Optics) of any huge delays, but as of today, I'm expecting to get a call before the end of June with a "There Here!!" Scott - If there are any new updates, we would always appreciate them.

agreed, im antsy for it but i think scott has been more than fair chiming in about things on the hide. If you want better service than that, im thinking you should go somewhere in your home town with a smiling greeter and everything......wonder how much a tacticool bushnell costs at walmart anyway.... lol

I'm not sure where people are getting the "mid June" info. I've been following this pretty closely and to my knowledge, the only date Vortex has given is "in June". Anyone who is familiar with product releases understands that that means June 30 at 23:59:59.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: armymedic.2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">agreed, im antsy for it but i think scott has been more than fair chiming in about things on the hide. If you want better service than that, im thinking you should go somewhere in your home town with a smiling greeter and everything......wonder how much a tacticool bushnell costs at walmart anyway.... lol </div></div>
I agree as well. My point is that I think Scott would tell us that they are on their way here from the factory if they were, or that they have arrived at customs, or whatever. The fact that he hasn't tells me that maybe they haven't left the factory yet - that's all. Given that likelihood, people shouldn't hold their breath for any kind of June release date.
Maybe I'm wrong and they are all at Vortex's warehouse getting sorted out to be shipped to dealers as we speak, but I doubt it...

I think no news is good news for the moment. By now, they surely know if they'll miss June or not. A month or two ago things may have been less certain, but by now they know and are still indicating they'll be on time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TS2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">does anyone know if the scope will come with flip up covers ??

TS2 </div></div>
You will need a 39 and a 14. Hope that helps.

Scott

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RockinRandall</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #3333FF">Scott. I contacted your office a few weeks ago with questions on the PST's and Razor. Someone in your shop told me that the PST'S could possibly be late July or August before I could expect one if I have not already ordered it. I have already received my Razor but wonder if it is true on the PST'S?</span></span> </div></div> Honestly ,If you dont have one on pre-order,unfortunately, August would most likely be the absolute earliest you might see one. As it will take us sometime to get the pre/backorders filled. I wish I could tell you something different ,but that is how it looks as of now.

Scott

Darn! I didnt have the money during the pre
-order days, now I will have all the money in 2 more weeks for the 2.5-10 model, but most likely wont be any available..Thats the way it goes I guess..

We are doing our best to meet the June <span style="text-decoration: underline">estimation</span>. One thing I can tell you is that not everyone that ordered one will get it on the first batch as the number of backorders is astounding. We will do our best to get those orders filled as quickly as possible.

Scott

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dirknar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Darn! I didnt have the money during the pre
-order days, now I will have all the money in 2 more weeks for the 2.5-10 model, but most likely wont be any available..Thats the way it goes I guess.. </div></div>Actually if you get an order in soon the 2.5-10 are the least backordered out of all of them, so I would give Scott(liberty),Doug(Cameraland),Mike(CS tactical),or Chris(SWFA) a call and see what they think.

Scott

while we have you answering questions and not working on getting these scopes out,
smile.gif

will vortex be offering a kill flash for the pst 1-4? I did not see one on the vortex sight...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KSP446</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JHF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just canceled my orders... mid june my ass. </div></div>

I'd rather wait a little longer and everything be right with them than to have them rush them out and there be problems with them! </div></div>

Agreed.
I think it's safe to assume that everyone wants them to be here <span style="font-style: italic">NOW </span>, and it is frustrating when you have to wait, but think in the long term: 6 months or a year down the road, once everyone has gotten theirs and is happily shooting away, no one will care that they had to wait for it, as long as they live up to everyone's expectations. If they were rushed and pushed out before they were 100% ready in Aril/May like we originally thought, and 1 out of 4 scopes failed, people would be really pissed, and 6 months to a year from now they would have been labled "crap" and that would be the end of it.
For a newer company, Vortex has already established a reputation for turning out a quality product. It would be suicide to ruin that reputation.

A friend just got a call from Optics Planet, they said his 4-16 is on the way.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JHF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just canceled my orders... mid june my ass. </div></div>

Can I take his order?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Red_SC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A friend just got a call from Optics Planet, they said his 4-16 is on the way. </div></div>

Just received the email from Midway and my 4-16 is on the way

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pachanga22</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Red_SC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A friend just got a call from Optics Planet, they said his 4-16 is on the way. </div></div>

Just received the email from Midway and my 4-16 is on the way </div></div>

MidwayUSA was taking pre-orders?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pachanga22</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Red_SC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A friend just got a call from Optics Planet, they said his 4-16 is on the way. </div></div>

When did you put your order in?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bc5000</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pachanga22</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Red_SC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A friend just got a call from Optics Planet, they said his 4-16 is on the way. </div></div>

MidwayUSA was taking pre-orders?</div></div>

I just ordered it and they put it on back-order about a a month ago.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Guy Coker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pachanga22</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Red_SC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A friend just got a call from Optics Planet, they said his 4-16 is on the way. </div></div>

When did you put your order in?</div></div>

5/18/2010

Let's get some reviews up for us guys in waiting, please. I can't wait to fill those rings.

So apparently they got a lot of 4-16's and very few 6-24's...has anyone got notification from SWFA about any scopes?
Kind of amazing that there are people that placed orders with other sites as late as May and are getting shipping notifications, when I placed my order back in February and am twiddling my thumbs...
I am in contact with SWFA about a trade and they act like they haven't gotten any scopes yet?

Mine's been ordered and paid for since February from SWFA so hopefully I'll have it soon!