• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Viper PST's still on for mid June?

Re: Viper PST's still on for mid June?

I deleted my post. I was just being a whiny bitch.

Just as a point of reference.
I ordered just before new years. I was told I just needed to wait. No pay off needed.
I saw folks paying their scopes off and asked my dealer if I needed to do that. He said to pay it off so I did.
I didn't really expect my scope before July. Just a gut feeling.
I also don't know where I am on the list to receive these scopes.
Is it true some folks got in line late and got their scopes already?

I feel your pain. I have a 6-24 FFP on order and I'm not looking forward to getting it any less than you are.I ordered mine from Optics Planet, and have not gotten an Email, so I guess I'm not getting one of the first ones either.
The thing is, I've talked to several dealers, and from what I can tell, they had no idea how many scopes they would be getting in the first batch, but I'm sure they thought it was going to be more than 5. There may be dealers with hundreds(?) of pre orders, and there may be dealers with only a few. I think Vortex did what was fair, and divided up the scopes that were available among whichever dealers were on the list. If one dealer had an extra unit due to a "cancellation", and nobody else in line who had prepaid, should Vortex have taken it back and given it to another dealer? That doesn't seem fair either.
I'm not happy that I'm not one of the ones getting their scope this week, but I am glad that some are on their way to their waiting rings, because it means the rest are not far off. Had Vortex waited and not shipped anything, people would be pissed that another month had gone by and still nothing. We would be speculating, "maybe end of July, or August, maybe for Thanksgiving or Christmas. Who knows?".
Now we know they're real! They do exist, and they passed inspection, and they are good to go! It shouldn't be long now.
I think I'm going to just going to sit at my computer, and drink beer until I get the email that mine is on it's way.

Congradulations to the folks that are getting one of the few.
Be sure to let the rest of us know how they are.

Guy's I'm no expert in optics, but am in my industry. I don't think Vortex has handled anything wrong from what I am seeing/hearing. I do have a pre paid scope I am still waiting for, and am also pleased with communication from Scott @ Liberty. I sounds like Vortex had their final QA product come in and it passed (a very good thing!) all their standards. So instead of holding these back and waiting for the mass shipment, they equally divided them up and sent to distributors. I know their aware of the demand and expectations so I think this was the best option. Just my opinion, but I feel a fair assessment of the deal.

You guys are right, no win situation regardless. They might as well have gotten the few they had available out.

I deleted my post because I was just being a whiny bitch.

I am just sitting back and enjoying life, at my age i have slowed down and realized no matter how many calls make or email's i sent when it gets to the front door i will be one happy person. No rush on my part. MM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigDKC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I deleted my post because I was just being a whiny bitch. </div></div>

It takes a man to admit that. You're too funny dude.

I'm interested in the 2.5-10. Looks like it's going to be hind tit. See above post.