• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bear Pit Exercise Routine

PBWalsh

Preston Walsh Fitness
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2017
Central AL
Hi,

Anyone use the Vivo barefoot shoes for general lifting/crossfit/sprinting?

I’ve got shoes/socks I wear for powerlifting and cleaning, but am needing a new pair for general purpose lifting and sprinting. My current Adidas’ have long since seen the end of their life, but I keep wearing them.

Again, not looking at the Vivo shoes for powerlifting/olympic lifting, just crossfit stuff and sprints.

My experience with Merrell "barefoot" shoes a decade ago was miserable, but my feet and ankles are quite atrocious and so I'm probably not the poster boy for this type of footwear.

I've been a big fan of Chuck Taylor Hightops as all purpose workout shoes since highschool. They're not bad for running either, so long as you have reasonable arches and can midfoot strike when you run.

Not the Vivo brand specifically but the last several years I was able to be a gym rat(wife & I started having kids several years ago) I wore a few versions of the barefoot style toesy shoes(an Adidas version and a few of the og Vibram shoes). I have done a fair bit of CrossFit-ish training as well, just no specific CrossFit training at a sanctioned gym. I have also exclusively worn some version of barefoot shoe in all aspects of daily life for close to 10 years. So, I have some experience with this topic.

As long as you don’t heel strike when you run, and obviously don’t try running a marathon as your first forefoot strike jog, they will be just fine.

The Vivo shoes look really good. Stylish, zero rise, seems to be constructed well enough. The only thing I can’t comment on is their fit(which is pretty individual anyway) or if they are actually constructed well enough to stay together

Reactions: PBWalsh