• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

VooDoo or Tac Force Stryker Drag Bag?????

dreever

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2004
Michaux State Forest Adams County Pa.
I did a search and read all I could on Drag Bags. I primarilly need a bag to transport my GAP Hospitaller back and forth to the range with the bi-pod mounted and the usual take along items. Eagle or blackhawk are real nice, but for my use I don't think I really need to spend that much. I want decent quality, and zippers and stitching that will last.
I've narrowed it down to the above mentioned two by what I've already read, so any thoughts or other suggestions would be appreciated.

Re: VooDoo or Tac Force Stryker Drag Bag?????

We all know in 99% of the cases you get what you pay for, but sometimes the reality is we dont need the best. I think if all your looking for is a range bag the voodoo will do just fine. Ive bee n using a condor double drag bag for 4 years it till looks brand new and I have not seen any signs of wear, why its a range bag it goes from the trunk to the bench. Save money spend it on ammo. if your going to be using it as a drag bag or humping it across the landscape for miles year after year then spend the o and get a solid piece.

Voodoo is made in China, not sure about Tac Force. That alone is enough to get me to buy an Eagle (if I thought I needed a drag bag). You went the extra mile with the Hospitaller, might as well put it in a quality case.
grin.gif

My Review of the Condor Drag Bag: http://www.8541tactical.com/condor_dragbag.php

If you are going to and from the range, an Eagle will last you forever. It may be overkill, but you will never have to replace it. You spent THAT much on the rifle, the case is chicken feed.

Eagle is US made and that means a lot in the Textile industry.

Have the VooDoo 2 gun soft rifle case, it is not bad at all for the money. I only use it for range transpo and it is more than up for the job. One thing to mention, I have had the FDE version as well, and the OD green is WAY better made for some reason.

I don't have any experience with the Voodoo bag, but I have a TAC Force drag bag and have been pleased with it. It makes a good range bag. I have had it for about 5 years now and nothing has come apart or needed fixing. It seems very well put together. I have no doubt there are better bags out there, but its not a bad bag for the buck.

i have both eagle and tac force, honestly i really like the tac force it will take alittle longer rifle than most. it is really stiff but perfectly useable, i will save the super high end drag bags for the guys who might actually need to drag them.

Lone Wolf and others,

My rifle measures 49 1/2 inches so which bags will it fit in?
Seems like the 49-50 inch bags are going to be a bit tight if not outright too short as per your review of the Condor bag.

Just got off the phone with Eagle. Thier bag measures 49 inches so a 49 inch rifle in thier opinion will not fit in thier bag.

I have been running the Galati for 2 years and it has held up perfect. I abuse as it should be my tactical kit. I always prefer Eagle but with less expenseive with this bag and have not regreted it

With all the bitching about buying out of country stuff...from China etc..I shouldnt by a S$B scope either since they are made in Germany right??..I could sware that Blackhawk was made in Vietnam..
Galati is a good bag and they got a lot of grief when they first started selling... I have had no problems over the last 8 years from my Blackhawk bags and my 5.11 bags. I got a Galati too that hasnt failed either. It just comes down to whos got the greatest customer service.

Unless I go stalking..the drag bags are just too heavy. The best bag was the Eberlestock GunslingerII that I used at Allegany Sniper Challenge.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: John lima_mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">6 words for you;

Triad Tactical, Eagle extra long HSRC.

John - out </div></div>

Once you get one of these you'll understand, it's a DB it's a shooting matt, it has MOLLE attachments so extra pouches can be installed, I wish I had one for every rifle I own

No, certain coutries are ok (Germany, Italy, GB, etc).

Others are not (China, Taiwan, France, etc).

If you're unsure of which list a particular country would be on, you can ask me.
grin.gif

I have the Voodoo Tactical 2 rifle drag bag. On the plus side the fabric materials seem to be a decent quality, it will fit a longer rifle, it has plenty of compartments for other items and it has a ton of molle webbing on the inside and outside for other pouches. On the negative side the zippers are not a quality brand, the shoulder strap buckle has popped off a couple times on it's own and the straps that hold the rifle down loosen up constantly. This drag bag is way too bulky to actually be used as a drag bag. I personally would not buy another one just because the rifle retention straps don't do their job. Hopefully this helps with at least the Voodoo part of the equation.

Bought a Tac Force Stryker 52. Seems well made and I had money to spare for more components....

Made my decision. Since my rifle is 49 1/2 inches long I'm going with the Tac Force Stryker since the overall length is 52 inches. Thanks for all your imput it did help make my decision.

I have been very pleased with my Tac Force 36" discreet case, and will most likely be giving their Stryker a try as well.

spend the money now on the tac ops... i have a voodoo bag... its okay and does the job... but an eagle or tac ops bag is best

by the time you buy a shooting mat and the voodoo bag, ur almost at the price of a tac ops

the back pack straps on the voodoo are worthless.. as is the shoulder strap

just buy the tac ops now... much nicer and way more functional bag

Tac Force Stryker. I have two of them and have been very happy with both.

Got my Tac Force Stryker drag bag yesterday from Amazon. $107.95 free shipping. First impression is that it is well made with good materials. I'll concur with the guy who said they are stiff. Hopefully things will loosen up a bit with use. There is plenty of room inside for my 49 1/2 inch rifle, in fact I think it would hold one a few inches longer no sweat. Lots of padding to protect the rifle. I'd definately recomend this bag.

Danny

I had a tac force carbine bag and the zipper split the first week of use. I am in the process of sending it back for warranty currently. Moral of the story, if your gonna spend good money on a firearm, you should spend good money protecting it. Nothing like watching your rifle tumble to the concrete due to a inferior bag.

I vote American made.

Eagle Drag Bag. Enough said.

Voodoo or Tac Force are shit in comparison.

Go with a Grand River Tactical (PRSM), they are made in the USA.

dreever i have a voodoo that I use for very light work.

I have carried about 30lb worth of gear in mine and its held up ok.

Its also survived some field work as well.

Does the job ok. Certainly feels a lot nicer to just carry the one rifle in it rather than two.

I have a Tac Force large range bag and after using it as a rest for my M1A and melting the zippers off I sent it back and they replaced the bag with a new one. Go figure. I would then say plus many for customer service and minus for my stupidity!

I've got a new Tac Force drag bag that I picked up for $100 shipped. I'm very happy with it for the money. I haven't used it enough to vouch for the durability, but it should work fine as a range bag.

I have a tacforce, they are handy, I dont worry about my rifle at all in it. Have carried it all over, with the shoulder straps, never a problem. When I open it up, rifle is still tight and right where it should be. They could use some more comparments though. Friend of mine had an eagle, their is no comparison. But im not a secret squirel and dont have a lot of money, tacforce works for me.

How do the Galati bags compare to eagle or blackhawk?

Eagle and tac ops are the best IMO but you pay for it. The blackhawk is also very nice, I picked one of them up from optics planet for $190 delivered and have no complaints so far. I can't speak for the tac force but I did have a condor and the backpack strap mount ripped out on the first use so I gave it away. I have a galati short model as well and after little over a year of use the main zipper failed, other than the zipper the quality seems to be there.

If you can't spend the big bucks for a eagle or tac ops, then get the blackhawk. A nice rifle like a gap deserves a nice case, and if you go cheap you will end up replacing it with good gear anyway.