• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

VooDoo Tactical drag bag verdict

A-Rok

Private
Minuteman
Jul 15, 2010
Seattle, WA
As I've become more and more interested in long range precision, it has become increasingly difficult for me to haul all my long range crap into the mountains with me; log book, calculator, range finder, chrono, Kestrel, rifle, ammo, gloves, hat, ear pro, blah blah blah. Long story short, I figure it's about time to pony up and get a proper bag.

I found a VooDoo Tactical 2nd Gen drag bag at my local Army/Navy store for $150. Seems like a pretty good deal, for a pretty decent piece of kit, but I'm always wary of shooting gear with a "Made in China" tag stitched into a seam. My question here, is can anyone here post their experiences with the bag? I've read plenty of reviews, but it's impossible to tell if they've been written by a 15 year old airsofter. For what it's worth, I'm not going to be crawling around in the mountains of Afghanistan with it; the bag will basically be used as a backpack to haul my crap around with.

Also, I'd like to spend less than $200 on a bag. If you know of a rifle pack within my budget, that's higher quality than a VooDoo Tactical, by all means point me in the right direction.

Re: VooDoo Tactical drag bag

I like mine, got it from Cheaper than Dirt for 119.00 I think, check them out. I still have to bring an assault pack with me for all my stuff. maybe I just carry more stuff than you do though. But yes its a real nice piece of equipment for the price.

I stay far away from Voodoo gear... I have had some in the past but the zippers always break, I would rather spend the money on better kit that lasts.

Well, I found the same bag on Amazon for like $65 with free shipping, so I said what the hell and ordered it. Should be here around January 5th. I'll post a mini review with first impressions once I get it.

For $65...sounds like a good enough deal even if it doesn last. If it doesn't and you were really considering paying $150 for a decent drag bag....check out Galati Deluxe shooting mat/drag bag. Just ordered one for $170 and from reviews, it's going to last.

for just haulin to the range, they aren't too bad of a bag.
is it this one? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miHBUep0Q0w

i had one of these when it was called "tac ops". i wouldn't pay 150.00 for it though. not that it was bad, but that it wasn't 150.00 good. you can find it in a half a dozen other places for less than 100.00

i found this to be better for a range bag / rifle case:

http://www.opsgear.com/index/page/product/product_id/2509/product_name/42"+Padded+Weapons+Case

i have the shooting mat too, not bad for under 50.00 elswhere http://www.opsgear.com/index/page/product/product_id/2512/product_name/Roll+Up+Shooter's+Mat

you can definately find both of them cheaper elsewhere (sportsman's guide / cheaper than dirt, etc.

if you order the bag or whatever else through the sportsman's guide, they will warranty it (zippers and all), just save the receipt.

I picked up a midway drag bag for $69 on sale I think. (I think its one of those items that are on sale most of the time) And other than th zipper pulls Its seemed like a pretty good bag. Zipper pulls are shit but nothing a little 550 cord didn't take care of.

I have quite a few items from Voodoo Tactical and have no problems with them what so ever

I have the Voodoo drag bag/shooting mat. My only problem with it is the cheap metal D rings that hold the back pack straps on. They keep unbending and the straps fall off. If i had it to do over i would have just gotten the dragbag.

bought mine about 4 months ago- no issues at all. load all my stuff and toss it in the jeep. No actual "dragging" but it does the "hold all my crap" thing just fine...

I have been using the voodoo dragbag for a couple of years now hauling 2 heavy rifles (around 16-18lbs each) to the range without a hiccup.

Can you share with us where you bought yours for $50?<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: the beast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i have the voodoo drag bag and its great for carrying both my rifles. But, i got mine for $50 </div></div>

I have one and it's pretty bulletproof for years. I did have to unfuck the zipper pulls but it's GTG now.

I have had a voodoo soft case (not a drag bag) for a couple years and was thinking of getting the drag bag because how well my other bag has held up. No problems at all with it but after reading about problems other people were having maybe the drag bag isn't built as well.

It is indeed the same one in AmmoSmith's video. I gotta say, it seems like a nice piece of kit as I looked it over in the surplus store; straps looked like they might be a tad week, but we'll see. I'll check out the shooting mat, I'm also in the market for one of them, I've been using a painter's canvas drop cloth. It's been working great so far, but seeing as how I live in western Washington, and the drop cloth being made of cotton, things get a little soggy once in a while.

Groovy. It sounds like the zipper pulls are the only big issue with this bag, and I've got plenty of 550. Shouldn't be an issue.

Okay, got the bag today. First impressions: the backpack straps suck. Looks like an old Y harness will clip right up to the delta rings sewn into the bag though. If that won't work, I'm sure an ALICE frame would work. Lots of pockets and tie-down straps, there should be plenty of room for everything. Right now I have my PDA, range finder, data book, rifle, ammo, sandbags, data book, chrono, eye and ear pro, gloves, hat, and shemagh all packed with room to spare, with my Cold Steel Spetsnaz shovel tied to the outside; in fact, I have room for another entire rifle. Seems to be pretty well made.

I'd rate this drag bag a solid 4/5 stars, without actually hiking around with it yet of course. I'm going to do some light hiking around with it tomorrow.

I have used mine for a few months now, so far so good. I like it. I keep my tripod, calculator, log book, rifle, a pair of socks, ear pro, ammo, gloves, hat, mags and such in it. The backpack straps do suck, I reinforced the seams on mine, since I didnt really trust em,, but it's good to go now.

Re: VooDoo Tactical drag bag verdict

You should check out the Erbelestock Packs. They have many different styles and sizes. They can be a little pricey though.

Get Aim 60 Tactical from the UK because it is worth it. You won't have any issues with zippers or anything. Check out their review on youtube.

I sold my Eagle and bought a VooDoo drag bag in Multicam. $99 shipped was well worth it for me. Everything works great EXCEPT...the straps as others have said are pretty poor, and I don't trust 50lbs of gear in it (as it sometimes has with 2 rifles)
I ended up pinching all the D rings together so the flat parts overlap as they kept pulling apart with the large load. Since doing that, no issues.
Other than the rings (which should have been welded or solid and the straps) I think it's every bit as padded as my Eagle and it's a smidgen longer.

My friend has VooDoo Tactical drag bag, he like it and use as normal activity ! Go to Walmart everything made in "China" is cheap wage !

I say buy "American" Tactical Tailor base out Tacoma, Washington by Fort Lewis Army Base.

http://www.tacticaltailor.com/CatalogueR...p;ObjectType=27

Worth every penny ! Remember you get what you paid for !