• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex diamondback good or bad?

M4sniperz

Private
Minuteman
Apr 26, 2014
I'm wondering if you guys have any experience with a vortex diamond back because I am thinking of purchasing. Is there anything bad about them that I'm not seeing?

From my experience, the Nikon Prostaff offers better optical performance in a comparable price range.

I think that was my first ever long range scope I purchased, if you want to dial elevation and windage I don't beleive it allows for that. Mine was just a ballistic reticle for holdovers. May be ok for hunting?

I knew nothing about shooting at the time and it would not be what I would get now as far as the features are concerned. I don't remember the glass being too bad but that was awhile ago.

I agree a sfp pst would be a great starter scope. May take alittle more savings but would be well worth the step up in features.

Depends on what you need it for. To top a Ruger American, Savage Axis, Remington 783, the Diamond back will help you put meat in the freezer. It comes with the same no bs warranty as the viper and the thumb adjustable windage and elevation (covered), you can reset the turrets after you zero in the rifle so zero is in front. I would be comfortable with this scope up to 300, but for the woods and thickets should get the job done.

If you are looking for intro long range, try a new or used HS-t, the warranty is transferable.

Depends on what you need it for. To top a Ruger American, Savage Axis, Remington 783, the Diamond back will help you put meat in the freezer. It comes with the same no bs warranty as the viper and the thumb adjustable windage and elevation (covered), you can reset the turrets after you zero in the rifle so zero is in front. I would be comfortable with this scope up to 300, but for the woods and thickets should get the job done.

If you are looking for intro long range, try a new or used HS-t, the warranty is transferable.

Vortex Diamondback HP Rifle Scope 2-8x 32mm Matte

That's what I was thinking......I have been eyeballing the scope above to go atop my new 6x45mm AR, 2-8x is a really good mag range for hunting and it is the damn near (within .5in) same length as the burris 1-4 I have atop without the bulky retical and added feature of side parallax. Wasn't planning on using for shooting game past 200, maybe shooting a steel ram or two at 500 but nothing competition.

I have four or five crossfire II's and love them. The diamondback is a step up so I imagine it's a little better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the 4-12x Diamondbacks on my HMR and 22,and for a $200 scope what more could you ask for..For a full blown big game hunting rig I would probably go with the HS/PST line.I picked up the 4-16x HS-T for my 6X45 and so far its been great.
Compared to the Nikon buckmaster that's in the same price range as the diamondback, there was a distinct advantage on the vortex glass,as we did a side by side comparison.

I have the 4-12 diamondback. It has completely failed twice on my 30-06. Vortex took care of it. I wasn't too happy with my warranty experience. The guy on the phone was pretty arrogant with me. Said they upgraded my scope with the newer model. The reticle does not match the picture on the box. And I'm not convinced it was replaced.

I'll still buy vortex, i probably wouldn't buy another diamondback though.