• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex GEN 3 Razor Price increase.

One will certainly see a lot of positivity in the media regarding new releases. Either the company is paying for the reviews in one way or another, or the reviewer wants to make some monetary gains/review for a living - and you certainly don't get gear sent to you for review when you shit on the new products.

Back to Vortex. They had a pretty good thing going, fitting their products well into the niches in the market. I don't think that their success warranted trying to increase pricing across the lines though. Too many good, competitive options that are now going to be less.

Got to zero my Gen 3 Razor the other day. The zeroing function is incredibly easy. Consider me a big fan of that.

I bought two of the GEN3's....got out yesterday zero'd and shot 200 rounds through my Vudoo...absolutely love the Zero feature...super easy to zero and can easily dial it in exactly where you want it. As far as glass goes I like it enough that I will be hanging on to these for awhile and I go through scopes like most change their socks. Having owned just about every alpha scope made in the past with the exception of TT I would rank the GEN3 in the top 3 or 4.

Reactions: Lightning8
Yeah I feel like the optical comparisons are overblown for about every optic these days, we hear about every $500 scope doing well optically compared to $2000 scopes these days it's almost cliche. There's also the factor that some don't want to be caught dead with any gear that's older, it could impact their shooting social status. Lots of folks now hate the PST Gen 2, we commonly see posts from people saying they wouldn't take one for free. However, I've seen a lot newer scopes that optically in a similar price range (back when you could PST Gen 2's under $800) don't compare. There's a lot of course to a scope besides just optical quality, for some durability is more important than optical quality, and at prices south of $1500, you are never going to get the best optical quality and the best durability, compromises have to be made.

It is interesting though, in a world of increasing prices as you said the XTR III prices have come way down, it wasn't hard to find XTR III 5.5-30 prices under $950 delivered. It's hard to believe, even with some issues that it's a worse option than the seriously outdated PST 2 which street prices now seem to be pretty much $1100 on now. Perhaps since the XTR III started being built in the US, they had lots of room to come down in price when they moved production overseas and are now accepting lower pricing to drive more volume with greater competition.

Seems like the MK4 HD's will fit into this price battle somewhere as well, granted no illumination option. Especially if the rumors that optically they are the same glass as the MK5's have.

Either way I can't imagine many selecting a PST 2 at basically the same or higher price point than an XTR III or MK 4HD, time will tell though, we've seen so many scopes be a rocket out of the gate only to be called turds two years later.

To me the issue with the XTR3 is that beyond the shitty CS that we’ve recently seen which isn’t surprising is that they get compared to scopes that are far better and claimed to be just as good. The same thing happened with the PST’s years ago when they came out, even the gen 1’s, people legitimately compared them to NF and claimed they were as good.

Burris has been lowering the price on the XTR3’s since they came out which is weird. I don’t know if they just weren’t selling well, they got cheaper to product, or what but they were like $1500+ street price when they came out which was insane and they weren’t worth anywhere close to that. That’s MK5 and a slew of quality LOW built optics money which kicks it’s ass. Then they lowered them down and you could get them for $1100-$1200 for the illuminated model. Now you can get them for under $800 delivered for the same thing, a $300+ price drop and they’ve also dropped the MSRP on their website.

XTR Pros are the same way, street price was a little over $2K a couple months ago and $1800 was a great deal. Now you can get them for $1450 delivered.

Well i guess we're tumbling down this rabbit hole..

Making statements of this nature just doesnt make them true. There's tons of people on this forum and others that pick the XTRIII over LOW optics and the MK5. I've compared to the MK5 dozens of times, glass is a wash one way or the other. But FOV and sight picture is owned by the Burris. MK5s are a tunnel in comparison. And the Burris is $700 or more less. There are multitudes of people who have come to the same conclusion and said as much on the forums these last 4 years. No brainer.

You can't acuse the masses of being wrong and being the only one who is right. You can't argue against results. Anyone who has paid any attention at all can plainly see It's an extremely popular scope that overwhelmingly gets positive feedback from the people who have them. Make a thread asking about sub $2k scopes, and someone or multitudes of someone's will recommend the XTRIII every time. When you are only person making these statements in the face of so many people saying the opposite, don't you ever stop to think that maybe you're wrong?

And here's the facts guys, irrefutable. Burris sold more XTRIIIs in 2023 than they ever have before. It's been out 4 years now. That's not the sales performance of an overrated, underperforming product.

Ok. I won't keep contributing to this derail 😉

Last edited:
To me, the subject at hand (Vortex MSRP and not Burris value lol) is not complicated.

While I have found Vortex CS to be excellent and I highly respect them for what they did in the Liberty Optics fiasco, if you raise MSRP then retail prices are going to go up. IMO, Statements to the contrary from Vortex are bunk.

Last edited:
To me, the subject at hand (Vortex MSRP and not Burris value lol) is not complicated.

While I have found Vortex CS to be excellent and I highly respect them for what they did in the Liberty Optics fiasco, if you raise MSRP then retail prices are going to go up. IMO, Statements to the contrary from Vortex are bunk.
I bet Vortex is watching this thread closely and I hope they are listening.

I bet Vortex is watching this thread closely and I hope they are listening.
Vortex has already replied to this thread and said that customer retail prices were not going up. Ok, they didn’t raise MAP but I’m still throwing the BS flag on this as prices are certainly going up and this is entirely foreseeable if you increase MSRP.

Last edited:
Reactions: FuhQ and LR1845
Vortex has already replied to this thread and said that customer retail prices were not raised. Ok, they didn’t raise MAP but I’m still throwing the BS flag on this as prices are certainly going up and this is entirely foreseeable if you increase MSRP.
I agree.

Vortex has already replied to this thread and said that customer retail prices were not going up. Ok, they didn’t raise MAP but I’m still throwing the BS flag on this as prices are certainly going up and this is entirely foreseeable if you increase MSRP.
Anyone who's ever worked in the retail side of this industry can attest to this being true.

Well i guess we're tumbling down this rabbit hole..

Making statements of this nature just doesnt make them true. There's tons of people on this forum and others that pick the XTRIII over LOW optics and the MK5. I've compared to the MK5 dozens of times, glass is a wash one way or the other. But FOV and sight picture is owned by the Burris. MK5s are a tunnel in comparison. And the Burris is $700 or more less. There are multitudes of people who have come to the same conclusion and said as much on the forums these last 4 years. No brainer.

You can't acuse the masses of being wrong and being the only one who is right. You can't argue against results. Anyone who has paid any attention at all can plainly see It's an extremely popular scope that overwhelmingly gets positive feedback from the people who have them. Make a thread asking about sub $2k scopes, and someone or multitudes of someone's will recommend the XTRIII every time. When you are only person making these statements in the face of so many people saying the opposite, don't you ever stop to think that maybe you're wrong?

And here's the facts guys, irrefutable. Burris sold more XTRIIIs in 2023 than they ever have before. It's been out 4 years now. That's not the sales performance of an overrated, underperforming product.

Ok. I won't keep contributing to this derail 😉

Some of the things you post are just so funny. Why would you keep comparing the same scope dozens of times if you already have established its superiority? I’ve owned 5 3.6-18’s and 3 5-25’s and they’re not a “tunnel” to look through. That’s bullshit. They don’t have the largest FOV out there but it’s not tight and they have a nice full sight picture in the ocular and you really see no tube at all. They really have a great image and for a short design scope the 3.6-18 is one of the best I’ve used as far as image quality and DOF goes which is normally a sacrifice in those designs. I just recently got the first MK5 that I didn’t like and that was because of the reticle, the PR1 is pure ass.

I just find it strange that this scope that is so popular that they apparently have no issues selling in large numbers just got the price dropped significantly yet again which has happened multiple times since they released. That’s not how it works when sales are good, why would they sell them for several hundred $$ less than they could? Charity? They were over $1500 street price a couple years ago and I just paid less than $800 delivered for one.

Reactions: HaydenLane
After playing with one and popping the turret off.. you definitely get what you pay for. Have seen Chinese scopes from Walmart with better turret designs.

Leupolds locking turret is a very simple non complicated design compared to some zero stops. It’s not going to impress you with clutches and stuff but it’s simple and it works.

A friend who checked them out at SHOT said the turrets didn’t feel quite as good as the MK5’s though which is a little disappointing.

Yea the turrets did not feel good. I don't even like the mk5 and it's turrets but this felt even cheaper. When you pop the turret off it's a big slot for a screwdriver to adjust. The zero stop is also absolute so you can't go below zero like most optics.

IMO the mk5 is really a $1k scope and this should be like $500. Guys obviously win with it and they sell a ton of them but next to something like the gen 3 razor or even a k624 they look and feel like dogshit to me. Almost every demo gun at matches has a mk5 and they all feel cheap. The shooting experience with TT, ZCO and the razor is just so much nicer. Bigger fov, better glass, excellent turrets, solid build quality,ect.

The mk4hd wasn't mounted to a gun so it's hard to judge the glass quality but I'm sure it's close to a mk5 based on guys who have been testing them.

That’s disappointing about the feel, I don’t care about what’s underneath since they work and don’t raise up when you adjust. Not being able to have .5 or so below zero or something you can set where you want isn’t ideal and not my preference but it never bothered me on any of mine.

I don’t think anyone is comparing MK5’s to a ZCO or TT and they’re certainly not on that level but they also cost half (or less) than what those do. I’ve never had or tried out a G3 6-36 so I can’t comment on how those compare but I’ve owned a K624 and I’d take a MK5 every time over one even of they were the same price, mine sucked ass. I also know a guys that went from Kahles to the MK5’s and swear by them, @Sixfivesavage is one of them. IMO they’re better optics overall than the ATACR’s I’ve owned, even the 4-16x42 which I really like.

My biggest complaint with them is the reticles. The PR2 isn’t bad but just became available in the 3.6-18 but other than that they all kind of suck. The illuminated T3 has been the best option IMO for all around use and when you could get those for $2K or a little under it was worth it but at current pricing they’re just not worth it unless you get their mil/le pricing and even then it’s questionable. For typical discount through vendors you can buy a lightly used ZCO for about $500 more. At $1500 for non illuminated and $2K for illuminated they’re a good buy but that’s not possible anymore without mil/le pricing.

Yea used zco prices are really hard to pass up for value. I went from zco/tt to gen 3 and you really aren't giving up much performance or build quality wise mo. There are features I like on all 3 but nothing is a deal breaker on any of them and why I consider them all alphas. Price difference was huge however. If a gen 3 moves up closer to 2500+ street price then sub 3k used zcos start to look real real good. 30% map certs from EO still get you one for 2100 and that's the deal to beat until vortex does another 55% which is about the same price. Vortex will need to do like 60-65% off to actually sell them. You can also get them for about 2400 with a prs discount ( membership is 40 bucks). Not sure what the plan is going forward but optics seem to be going to up in price, not down which has been the trend for a while now

I’m sure the G3’s are nice based on reports but I just don’t have any interest in a 3lbs optic which has always been what kept me away from the Razors although I did try a gen 1 5-20 and a gen 2 4.5-27. I’m actually considering selling a 37oz optic for something else because even that I find to be portly and makes the rifle it’s on not balance well.

Some of the things you post are just so funny. Why would you keep comparing the same scope dozens of times if you already have established its superiority? I’ve owned 5 3.6-18’s and 3 5-25’s and they’re not a “tunnel” to look through. That’s bullshit. They don’t have the largest FOV out there but it’s not tight and they have a nice full sight picture in the ocular and you really see no tube at all. They really have a great image and for a short design scope the 3.6-18 is one of the best I’ve used as far as image quality and DOF goes which is normally a sacrifice in those designs. I just recently got the first MK5 that I didn’t like and that was because of the reticle, the PR1 is pure ass.

I just find it strange that this scope that is so popular that they apparently have no issues selling in large numbers just got the price dropped significantly yet again which has happened multiple times since they released. That’s not how it works when sales are good, why would they sell them for several hundred $$ less than they could? Charity? They were over $1500 street price a couple years ago and I just paid less than $800 delivered for one.
I dont mean the MK5 tunnel, they are tunnel'ish and narrow when you become used to looking through a scope with nice FOV and sight picture. And I don't keep comparing them for myself, I keep comparing them because I love the look on the faces of those Leupy owners when they see how good the XTRIII looks in comparison 🤣

I looked into this "price drop" you're talking about. The XTRIII dropped in price when production went to the Phillipines. According to Burris folks, initially was $1200 MSRP for the illuminated 18x. It's $1500 MSRP now. So I'm not following...
Yes, it was more when they made it in Greeley, but the very first production models out of the Phillipines released in early 2022, they were less. The only price drop according to the people who make and sell them was when production moved two years ago. What the retailers sell them for is out of Burris' hands so long as they don't violate the MAP agreement.

So again, although you keep trying, I don't understand your argument. You don't have many folks agreeing with you. If I wanted to take the time I can find a metric crap ton of positive posts for the XTRIII.

So there's been no price drop on the illuminated XTRIII. Best sales year ever 2023.

I dont mean the MK5 tunnel, they are tunnel'ish and narrow when you become used to looking through a scope with nice FOV and sight picture. And I don't keep comparing them for myself, I keep comparing them because I love the look on the faces of those Leupy owners when they see how good the XTRIII looks in comparison 🤣

I looked into this "price drop" you're talking about. The XTRIII dropped in price when production went to the Phillipines. According to Burris folks, initially was $1200 MSRP for the illuminated 18x. It's $1500 MSRP now. So I'm not following...
Yes, it was more when they made it in Greeley, but the very first production models out of the Phillipines released in early 2022, they were less. The only price drop according to the people who make and sell them was when production moved two years ago. What the retailers sell them for is out of Burris' hands so long as they don't violate the MAP agreement.

So again, although you keep trying, I don't understand your argument. You don't have many folks agreeing with you. If I wanted to take the time I can find a metric crap ton of positive posts for the XTRIII.

So there's been no price drop on the illuminated XTRIII. Best sales year ever 2023.

I responded to your PM as well but the prices have absolutely dropped on both the XTR3i’s and the Pros over the last couple months. The MSRP was definitely higher on them when I looked before I ordered one in November. Now magically all of them are listing and selling for less. That doesn’t add up. Cost and MAP are both based on MSRP across the retail industry and something clearly changed but you’re here saying it didn’t.

Here’s two receipts where I purchased the same exact thing. The one for $1106 on 11/18/23 and then one for $799 on 1/27/24. Both times all those drop shippers had roughly the same pricing. Also both times the pros were different pricing, in November $18XX was the lowest you can get a pro for and now you can get them for a little over $1400 before shipping. These places all operate at a couple percent over cost, so how could have prices dropped 30% yet there’s supposedly no change in pricing at the manufacturer level?

I’m not complaining because now I think these things are priced where they should for their performance, I’m just pointing out that pricing has changed and in the opposite direction that it normally does and in the opposite direction it should be if sales are so great.

Attachments

• IMG_0597.jpeg
    IMG_0597.jpeg
    197.2 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0596.jpeg
    IMG_0596.jpeg
    167.7 KB · Views: 80
Reactions: Birddog6424
I responded to your PM as well but the prices have absolutely dropped on both the XTR3i’s and the Pros over the last couple months. The MSRP was definitely higher on them when I looked before I ordered one in November. Now magically all of them are listing and selling for less. That doesn’t add up. Cost and MAP are both based on MSRP across the retail industry and something clearly changed but you’re here saying it didn’t.

Here’s two receipts where I purchased the same exact thing. The one for $1106 on 11/18/23 and then one for $799 on 1/27/24. Both times all those drop shippers had roughly the same pricing. Also both times the pros were different pricing, in November $18XX was the lowest you can get a pro for and now you can get them for a little over $1400 before shipping. These places all operate at a couple percent over cost, so how could have prices dropped 30% yet there’s supposedly no change in pricing at the manufacturer level?

I’m not complaining because now I think these things are priced where they should for their performance, I’m just pointing out that pricing has changed and in the opposite direction that it normally does and in the opposite direction it should be if sales are so great.

I'm glad you got some great buys, but Burris hasn't changed their prices. I got that straight from the horses mouth.

The Pro is currently $2650 MSRP, the illuminated XTRIIIs are $1500 and $1740 for the 18x and 30x respectively. They've gone up since release, not down. I bought mine at $1200 and $1400 MSRP in 2022 when they first arrived.

What a retailer chooses to sell them for is entirely up to them. They can give them away if they choose. And yes, sales are great. The XTRIIIs are crazy good value at those prices, so people buy them.

I dont know what to tell you brother. The fluctuation in pricing has nothing to do with any changes on Burris' end.

Reactions: Earnhardt
Also one of those is listed as illuminated and one is not so the original USA non illuminated would be more true?

Also one of those is listed as illuminated and one is not so the original USA non illuminated would be more true?
Yes, the non illuminated versions made in Greeley were around $2k MSRP when they released.

The illuminated versions from the Phillipines were a significant price drop when they first hit. That's why the 18x non iluminated went on sale for $1000 at so many places.

99% of comp shooters are NOT sponsored. People buy their own gear with their own money.
100%.........Plus, most sponsored shooters only receive a discount anyhow. They aren't shooting for free..... they still have money tied up in this game too.

If you’re referring to my invoices they’re both the Illuminated model # 201204. Identical optic just 3 months apart and 30% less.

According to what has been posted here the non illuminated US version would cost more yet they been getting blown out at retailers for $800-$850 for well over a year now. Pricing just recently went down at retailers on the illuminated versions. I was looking at the pricing on the pros again at the end of December and $1850-$1900 was the least you could get one for OTD and now you can get them delivered for under $1450.

Reactions: Rob01
If you’re referring to my invoices they’re both the Illuminated model # 201204. Identical optic just 3 months apart and 30% less.

According to what has been posted here the non illuminated US version would cost more yet they been getting blown out at retailers for $800-$850 for well over a year now. Pricing just recently went down at retailers on the illuminated versions. I was looking at the pricing on the pros again at the end of December and $1850-$1900 was the least you could get one for OTD and now you can get them delivered for under $1450.

Yes, they had to discount the US versions, they 18x illuminated version was $1000 to $1100 right at the outset in May of 2022. Initially the non-illuminated went on sale for $995 at Cameraland. I imagine Burris discounted those to retailers so they could blow them out.

Yes, they had to discount the US versions, they 18x illuminated version was $1000 to $1100 right at the outset in May of 2022. Initially the non-illuminated went on sale for $995 at Cameraland. I imagine Burris discounted those to retailers so they could blow them out.
Hey man, I know you love burris and all. But there are some on this forum that regularly pop up in literally every thread about their pet gear…suppressors, scopes, actions, etc and religiously tout their favs.

It’s almost like they have a saved google search with alerts or something.

After a while, it starts to feel shill-y, ya know? Even if you’re not one.

You are definitely at that point.

Hey man, I know you love burris and all. But there are some on this forum that regularly pop up in literally every thread about their pet gear…suppressors, scopes, actions, etc and religiously tout their favs.

I get that. I feel the same way, absolutely agree with you. I would have LOVED to have gotten out of this thread some time ago, as well as others.

I would post a LOT less if there were a little less disinformation going around. Believe me! How can you possibly direct a post of that nature my way while ignoring the smear posts from one poster that I'm constantly addressing. God forbid someone actually believes half the things he claims. We've been arguing over pricing for Christ's sake, like it's some sort of problem.

So I'll stick to the truth and the facts to the best of my knowledge. Burris isn't perfect in their products and people, no one is. But I'll stick up for them when people say stupid shit.

Skip over me. I'm sure it's as irritating for you guys to follow all these stupid posts as it is for me to continually address them. And these have definitely been some stupid posts.

Last edited:
I'm not so sure the XTRIII fits in that category 😉

Sales get better every year, and they've dropped their prices on it to make sure it's always a great value, not increased them.

A driving factor in moving production to the Phillipines was that they couldn't meet demand in Greeley. The Burris facility isn't huge. With the production of the XTR Pro, Steiner T6Xi, and some other items in house, they didn't have the bandwidth to continue to crank out XTRIIIs stateside.

But not to hijack your post or this thread. It's a Vortex thread. But I do get your point. I think a lot of scopes are the new hot, bright, and shiny when they release. Its hard for a product to sustain that. Especially as new products release every year. The new MK4 is a perfect example of releasing with a lot of hype. I see people recommending them already when no one has ever even had one in their hand before.

I had to go back to see what actually got you in here chest pounding for Burris this time and as usual it’s because someone said the slightest non positive thing about and Burris product and I find this little bit of information. So which is it?

It’s was more, then less, then more, now less?

And yes we’re “arguing” over price (I’m not so it’s interesting you feel that way about this) because what you’re saying not only contradicts the pricing over the last few months at dealers, but also yourself.

So in the same thread we’ve got someone from Vortex telling us their prices haven’t actually gone up which they actually have and then we’ve got someone from Burris telling us that prices have done both I guess and just talking around whichever point is more convenient to be pro Burris. This shit is comical.

Like other people posting about Christensen Arms, Burris XTR2s, and AGM all the time.

Good Lord dude. Case in point.

I told you in PMs I don't follow pricing much. I called a guy at Burris to see if I could figure out what you were talking about. I posted what I found out above. Burris did NOT lower their prices. Their MSRP actually went up at some point between the time they released in 22 and now. I don't know when. But you can buy them for less money now versus release. So you pay less, right? You've said so yourself. But Burris has not lowered their price, it's a retailer thing. They can sell for what they want. And yes, Burris had their best year ever in XTRIII sales in 2023. No matter what you say or do, you can't change that.

I dont know what else to say or do with you. I'm done being dragged into this. This just isn't important enough to keep arguing with you about it.

I had to go back to see what actually got you in here chest pounding for Burris this time and as usual it’s because someone said the slightest non positive thing about and Burris product and I find this little bit of information. So which is it?

It’s was more, then less, then more, now less?

And yes we’re “arguing” over price (I’m not so it’s interesting you feel that way about this) because what you’re saying not only contradicts the pricing over the last few months at dealers, but also yourself.

So in the same thread we’ve got someone from Vortex telling us their prices haven’t actually gone up which they actually have and then we’ve got someone from Burris telling us that prices have done both I guess and just talking around whichever point is more convenient to be pro Burris. This shit is comical.

You know why I told that guy Burris prices went down? Know where I got it? From you dipshit! You PMd me this Saturday morning. I told that guy pricing went down Sunday morning. I don't follow pricing (which I said at the time) so I believed you.

And as posted, I've since looked into it and found out Burris didn't lower their prices, retailers are selling for less. It's all right here, top to bottom.

Last edited:
Good Lord dude. Case in point.

I told you in PMs I don't follow pricing much. I called a guy at Burris to see if I could figure out what you were talking about. I posted what I found out above. Burris did NOT lower their prices. Their MSRP actually went up at some point between the time they released in 22 and now. I don't know when. But you can buy them for less money now versus release. So you pay less, right? You've said so yourself. But Burris has not lowered their price, it's a retailer thing. They can sell for what they want. And yes, Burris had their best year ever in XTRIII sales in 2023. No matter what you say or do, you can't change that.

I dont know what else to say or do with you. I'm done being dragged into this. This just isn't important enough to keep arguing with you about it.

That’s not “sticking to truth and facts” if your make statements and then say something else just because you don’t follow pricing much. So you say you don’t follow it but you posted what you did previously.

I’m in the retail business and know how pricing works and it doesn’t add up that Burris hasn’t dropped their pricing which you are both saying has and hasn’t happened but you don’t actually really know.

You’ve called me dishonest recently in another thread where I said something not positive about Burris, but then you come in here with what you’ve stated as fact and get called out on it when you contradict yourself and bow out with the excuse that you don’t keep up with pricing. Come on, I know you can shill better than this.

I mean dude is sponsored by Burris I'm sure part of the agreement is outreach and talking to people about the product. Trying to help people out and provide up to date info about the product is expected. If you ever met him he's a cool dude and has done alot for the sport including regional director. I've never heard another shooter say a bad thing about Ja, which is pretty rare actually. We bitch about everything and everyone. Nothing he is saying ain't true either. Yea he obviously likes the products but he also gives honest and realistic advice and opinion. Some people just take that the wrong way for whatever reason.

That’s not “sticking to truth and facts” if your make statements and then say something else just because you don’t follow pricing much. So you say you don’t follow it but you posted what you did previously.

I’m in the retail business and know how pricing works and it doesn’t add up that Burris hasn’t dropped their pricing which you are both saying has and hasn’t happened but you don’t actually really know.

You’ve called me dishonest recently in another thread where I said something not positive about Burris, but then you come in here with what you’ve stated as fact and get called out on it when you contradict yourself and bow out with the excuse that you don’t keep up with pricing. Come on, I know you can shill better than this.
See my post above yours. I think that pretty much addresses it.

It's all out in the open. You all can read it in the link i.provided. I told you I believed you when you said the prices had dropped, but I didn't follow pricing. I also told you after I looked into it that it wasn't the case. MSRP had gone up.

It's there for all to see, I've done my best at being honest about it. Not going to argue further.

I don’t think anyone else can see the PM that’s not in it, but yes I PMed you asking you what the deal is with this new pricing drop from dealers in the last few months and you responded with basically the same stuff you’ve said here and I said basically the same thing.

What’s your point? It doesn’t change the fact that something is absolutely up with pricing which is evident by the recent pricing and you made contradictory statements, one before I PMed you to ask and then after and then bowed out on the excuse that you don’t keep up with pricing.

I mean dude is sponsored by Burris I'm sure part of the agreement is outreach and talking to people about the product. Trying to help people out and provide up to date info about the product is expected. If you ever met him he's a cool dude and has done alot for the sport including regional director. I've never heard another shooter say a bad thing about Ja, which is pretty rare actually. We bitch about everything and everyone. Nothing he is saying ain't true either. Yea he obviously likes the products but he also gives honest and realistic advice and opinion. Some people just take that the wrong way for whatever reason.

Appreciate you brother..

Sometimes…less is more.

I think by over-communicating you are actually hurting your cause, that’s all.

Just a little gentle feedback. Carry on.

Because thats how you gain market share in a competitive market. Lower the price and move more product volume, at a slightly lower profit margin. Seems pretty straightforward to me.

This thread is a gift that keeps on giving.

The repeated comments on this thread and others about Gen3s not being worth it at their street price of ~$2500 are interesting. It’s still cheaper than a used ZCO or ATACR 7-35, and comes with the best warranty you can ask for. I’d like to know what the people calling it and $1800 or $2000 optic think is better at the price point, and I’d bet they’re in the minority.

As a longtime Vortex hater, it’s still a clear winner to me.

I’m also curious why the guy who likes Mk5s more than XTR IIIs keeps buying the significantly worse model. It’s a pretty strong consensus that the 5.5-30 is the choice. @redneckbmxer24 have you tried the 5.5-30? I have no dog in this fight as I don’t own either scope, just curious.

It's really a 3500 optic when compared to a 4000 zco and a 5000 TT. It's a better optic than anything else comparable( lrp5, s&b, 735 atacr, 525i). There is a 4th ( minox zp5) but their customer support and warranty process is so fucking bad they aren't even a consideration.

The mrsp on them is absolutely fucking ridiculous but thats how vortex wants to play it with their discount program and probally accounting rules to maximize "losses" to avoid taxes.

But it's an excellent scope. The issue is once you go north of 2500 for one, you are getting into used zco and TT prices. All 3 are alphas but those 2 do some thing better and alot of people find it to be worth the additional cost. I wouldn't pay more than 2100 for a gen 3 razor since you can get one for that with eo cert.

2k for a gen 3 new/used
3-3.2k for a used zco
3.3-3.6k for used tangent
I don't think the 735TT is worth the premium ATM. Probally 4500 used.

Thats the fair market.

I’m also curious why the guy who likes Mk5s more than XTR IIIs keeps buying the significantly worse model. It’s a pretty strong consensus that the 5.5-30 is the choice. @redneckbmxer24 have you tried the 5.5-30? I have no dog in this fight as I don’t own either scope, just curious.

I have not tried the 5.5-30, I was behind a 3.3-18 once. The 3.3-18 gets a lot of praise and my first order got cancelled by the retailer with no explanation even after I emailed to ask. I have no interest in a 30x magnification 35oz optic though, I’ll be trying this out on a 22 so the additional so the additional elevation will be a lot more beneficial than the magnification.

I have not tried the 5.5-30, I was behind a 3.3-18 once. The 3.3-18 gets a lot of praise and my first order got cancelled by the retailer with no explanation even after I emailed to ask. I have no interest in a 30x magnification 35oz optic though, I’ll be trying this out on a 22 so the additional so the additional elevation will be a lot more beneficial than the magnification.
Interesting, I was initially interested in the 3.3-18 and decided against after reading so many reviews saying it suffers optically compared to the 5.5-30. I ended with with neither, but that’s neither here nor there.

Interesting, I was initially interested in the 3.3-18 and decided against after reading so many reviews saying it suffers optically compared to the 5.5-30. I ended with with neither, but that’s neither here nor there.

I read a couple reports about bad glass but I thought it was the US made ones and one guy sent it back and they replaced it. I guess I’ll see what shows up and how it is.