• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vortex GEN3 question

LR1845

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 30, 2021
Nevada
Stupid question here but need to ask before I buy....other than the color is there any differences between the GEN3 6-36 bronze(or what ever color it is)and the black edition? I am ready to buy 2 GEN3's but do not like the odd color and prefer the black edition if same same.

Thanks Dave

Keep in mind a 20% bump in MSRP is rolling out on the Gen 3, and while the higher price is starting to be updated at other vendors Euro Optic is still selling at the old price. If you don't want to risk possibly paying $525ish more per scope, you may want to place your order ASAP before they update their website with the new pricing...

Reactions: diggler1833
Stupid question here but need to ask before I buy....other than the color is there any differences between the GEN3 6-36 bronze(or what ever color it is)and the black edition? I am ready to buy 2 GEN3's but do not like the odd color and prefer the black edition if same same.

Thanks Dave

Hurry up and get your order in before the price increase Dave. Same scope.

Reactions: FuhQ and LR1845

Thanks Dave
Hello,

I can get you a little deal on the black if you call in and ask for Connor😆 or you can shoot me a message and I will send you an estimate!
570 368 3920

Connor

Hello,

I can get you a little deal on the black if you call in and ask for Connor😆 or you can shoot me a message and I will send you an estimate!
570 368 3920

Connor
When will the MSRP increase hit?

Edit: OP give him a call. He helped out when my dumb ass ordered the wrong kind of Ckye pod and had to return/reorder. I ended up saving the money on the new order that I'd lost to tax on the one I was returning (me having the ability to comprehend words would have helped me place the right order in the first place).

• Haha
Reactions: FuhQ and LR1845
Thanks guys.
When will the MSRP increase hit?

Edit: OP give him a call. He helped out when my dumb ass ordered the wrong kind of Ckye pod and had to return/reorder. I ended up saving the money on the new order that I'd lost to tax on the one I was returning (me having the ability to comprehend words would have helped me place the right order in the first place).
I just sent him a PM, Thanks.

Hurry up and get your order in before the price increase Dave. Same scope.
I am actually in the market for 2 so looking for the best deal....got a mail into Scope List and Euro, hopping Connor can get me hooked up.

Keep in mind a 20% bump in MSRP is rolling out on the Gen 3, and while the higher price is starting to be updated at other vendors Euro Optic is still selling at the old price. If you don't want to risk possibly paying $525ish more per scope, you may want to place your order ASAP before they update their website with the new pricing...
There is no price increase.

So just the advertised MSRP went up but the regular street price is staying the same? That's awesome.

However, the mil/vet/leo discount price on expert voice went up quite a bit as it now reflects the discount from the new $4799 MSRP compared to from the old $3999 MSRP.

I'll have to pick up a fourth one soon... Lol

Reactions: Bluedog82

Thanks Dave
Nope... Same scope, different color. I always wanted a Razor all these years, but I hated that rusty shit-brown color. I picked up one of the black editions from Euro, and it looks awesome. I really like it. Hell, before prices go up, I might buy a 2nd one for another rifle...

Reactions: LR1845

Hopefully the street prices stay the exact same, but the MSRP went up $800 on the website... That has always said $3,999.99 since it dropped.

Screenshot 2024-01-21 at 6.52.40 PM.png

Scott

I have a Gen 2 that failed in a match last year. Dial up and down and no change to the POI. It was a very hot day, should I send it back or re-test the scope.
My first guess is that if this happened your set screws came loose on the turrets. That's the first thing I would test. Make sure they are tight and see if reticle is moving. That being said, we are always more than happy to take a look.

v/r
Scott

Nope... Same scope, different color. I always wanted a Razor all these years, but I hated that rusty shit-brown color. I picked up one of the black editions from Euro, and it looks awesome. I really like it. Hell, before prices go up, I might buy a 2nd one for another rifle...
This has always been my issue with the razor line…I did own one but hated the color and ended up selling it.

I will be ordering 2 of the GEN3 black edition’s from Connor in the morning. I’m running Tract Torics right now so hoping the GEN3 is all I’ve heard.

This has always been my issue with the razor line…I did own one but hated the color and ended up selling it.

I will be ordering 2 of the GEN3 black edition’s from Connor in the morning. I’m running Tract Torics right now so hoping the GEN3 is all I’ve heard.
I think you'll be very happy with the jump in glass performance over the Tract scopes.

My only gripe with the G3 is the weight. I'd LOVE to see a shorter, more compact 5-25x50 hunting version of the G3 with the same glass, same exact locking elevation turret w/ zero-stop, capped windage, 34mm tube, same reticle options, and put it on a diet down to around 26-32oz. That would be an awesome hunting scope. I'd buy one for sure.

Last edited:
@Euro.Connor

Connor just want to say thanks again for getting me taken care of this morning.

And when you guys need any thing optic related give Connor a call he will definitely get you hooked up…I ordered 2 GEN3s from him this morning, great guy to work with and best deal I could find!