• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Vortex Impact 4000 Rifle/Rail mounted Range finder???

Yeah, its between a software they have complete control over and the ability to tweak it how ever they want. Or one where they can merely use thru licensing and pay royalties.

Reactions: mikefraz and R_A_W
Yeah, its between a software they have complete control over and the ability to tweak it how ever they want. Or one where they can merely use thru licensing and pay royalties.
Yeah that’s fair, I just downloaded the app and after playing with the settings the output was the same as my trued Kestrel so if that’s the case and it can link to my kestrel for weather then I’m all for it

And I just bought a vortex 4000 with gb last week. Wtf.
This is a fantastic unit for the price, optics are better than my Leica 2800.com which surprised me. Took it out and was able to get good readings on reflective targets to 2000 yards handheld, I didn't try mounting it to tripod to see if I could get readings further out but 2000 had held is pretty good.

This is a fantastic unit for the price, optics are better than my Leica 2800.com which surprised me. Took it out and was able to get good readings on reflective targets to 2000 yards handheld, I didn't try mounting it to tripod to see if I could get readings further out but 2000 had held is pretty good.

The performance of the Vortex 4000 LRF really blew me away. I ran it side by side with a Tarrapin (X I think) and the Vortex definitely came out ahead. The Tarrapin had a smaller aiming reticle and maybe less divergence but the Vortex ranged more than 1K yards farther. If the heart of this new rail mounted one is the same, it will be a huge winner I would think.

Some pics

IMG_20190704_202805374 (1).jpg

IMG_20190706_155650820_1.jpg

On this one the DRO is fine, it was a camera thing.
IMG_20190706_161322606_HDR_1 (1).jpg

CM

I just want to reliably hit steel out to a thousand and I'll be happy. My current LRF won't do it. If it's easy to pair with the kestrel for environmental info that'll be a plus. If it doesn't, oh well, neither does the one I have now.

I do like this new offering though. Maybe one day.

I've always thought of Vortex as garbage, that was until I got my hands on the new G3 Razor. I have 2 and they are truly remarkable for the price and made me a fan.

I wanted to replace my aging Swarovski rangefinder so I rolled the dice with a new Razor 4000 and uts really been a phenomenal little handheld as well with a lifetime warranty that nobody else has on rangefinders.

Without question I'll have one of these, hopefully it has the lifetime warranty as well!

Has anyone seen any information pertaining to a recoil/Do not mount above XXX cal. rating.
Not designed for this 😆
1693498687314.png

In all seriousness, this is a rumored product that doesn't have any official information out yet on it, so even if someone responds take it with a grain of salt...

Finally a Raptar for the poors.

Anyone know country of origin? Also is there a visible laser and/or IR laser?

If this thing isn't a POS I can see them selling a shit load of these things, especially if it holds zero unlike the radius. Outside of using them with a NV clip on where you can actually see where the laser is hitting to get a correct range they're basically useless as a dick knuckle.

If this thing isn't a POS I can see them selling a shit load of these things, especially if it holds zero unlike the radius. Outside of using them with a NV clip on where you can actually see where the laser is hitting to get a correct range they're basically useless as a dick knuckle.

I'd assume PRC like most consumer grade electro-optics these days. Would be happy for that not to be the case but I'd be quite surprised.

There would have to be a vis laser to zero it but again, I'd be pretty surprised if there was also an IR laser.

Reactions: mikefraz

Taiwan actually.

both related and unrelated: did anyone else hear more about a Sig wm-lrf? Believe it was a year or so ago someone mentioned having seen or discussed a consumer model with the Sig rep.

is it better to get the new 4000 GB LFR with a dedicated bino or would the fury with ab be good enough for prs matches and ect

is it better to get the new 4000 GB LFR with a dedicated bino or would the fury with ab be good enough for prs matches and ect
Probably be better asked for in a thread for the 4000 GB, the Impact 4000 is a different animal. Unfortunately only you can answer whether something might be “good enough” as it will be good enough for some but not good enough for others. What I can say is a LRF Bino is likely going to be quicker as you wont have to switch.

Tagged for sure, been discussing the demand for a wm-lrf in the $2k range for a while. @Vortex would love to be able to use one at mammoth this year!

Reactions: rlsmith1
Looks a bit taller than a RAPTAR but overall pretty good. Hopefully they release soon, looking at adding one to each of my rifles for Mammoth. Running Binos compared to the guys running Storms and RAPTARs last year made me want one in the worst way. This should be a nice middle ground without having to drop 10k per rifle

Reactions: Deadeyeky81
Hopefully that display can be turned down to a brightness level low enough to be usable at night, and ideally switched into negative mode
If post #84 is accurate, the screenshot of the document says the backlight can be turned off completely, if that is the case, then wouldn't that suffice for nighttime use as the LCD readout should be viewable with NV or low light or even used with a connected device that does support NV?

Regarding the compass calibration from the manual, I tend to shoot 30 miles away basically all the time. How hard is the calibration? Is that going to be a PITA to use the Impact 4000?

Regarding the compass calibration from the manual, I tend to shoot 30 miles away basically all the time. How hard is the calibration? Is that going to be a PITA to use the Impact 4000?
It’s a recommendation the idea is that you maintain the computer to match magnetic north so the computer can calculate Coriolis