• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Vortex Impact 850 vs Sig Kilo 0850 vs simmons

CodenameFatBoy

Private
Minuteman
Apr 5, 2018
I was looking into buying a decent budget rangefinder. The three mentioned in the title were my top 3 choices. I was wondering if anyone had any experiences with any of these? Which would be the best of the 3? I was also wondering if anyone's had any other suggestions on budget rangefinders?

I was hoping to keep it close to $100. Right now 500 yrds will be sufficient. I'm new to the sport and still developing my skills.

Of the 3 you mentioned, I would probably go with the Sig. I'm sure all 3 would be fine for your specified range, and the Sig has a bombproof warranty (Vortex might as well). If you can afford a little more, just to cover yourself for the future, the Sig 2000 and Leica 2000 can be had for very reasonable prices. Both are capable of ranging beyond 1000 yard easily, so unless you were shooing ELR, you shouldn't out pace your rangefinder.

Thank you. I will look into that one as well. I know vortex has a phenomenal no questions asked warranty. Sigs seems pretty good as well. I hear they make good gear. I've never owned one of their products but they have a contract with the military for weapons and optics so I would assume their stuff is good to go.