• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vortex Micro 3x magnifier

BuildingConceptsllc

Don't Start None, won't be none.
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Nov 13, 2020
    Alabama
    Anyone have one and love it? I'm considering getting one since I can get it for a good price NIB and don't have a lot of experience with magnifier. I'd just like to have one honestly.

What say you???

PS: no, I haven't already bought it and just want to get digital confirmation, I really am about to buy it if you guys think it's legit.

Reactions: diverdon
    What's your good price? Make sure it's better than the $299 EuroOptic has them on Amazon for.

Do keep in mind that it's from the China division.

What's your good price? Make sure it's better than the $299 EuroOptic has them on Amazon for.

Do keep in mind that it's from the China division.

$229.00 is the price but I try not to have anything to do with China if at all possible, even if it's a US company using china.... That complicates things and so I may just leave that deal alone... thanks

Reactions: camocorvette
    I have several of the Vortex Spitfire 3x Prism sights on different AR's, and love them! They're phenomenal! Highly recommend. 👍🏼

I have a Vortex 3x magnifier that rides behind an aimpoint on a mk18 pistol. It is functional but I find the eye relief to be extremely short, reminds me of my Acog. The eye box is really tight too.

I have a Vortex 3x magnifier that rides behind an aimpoint on a mk18 pistol. It is functional but I find the eye relief to be extremely short, reminds me of my Acog. The eye box is really tight too.

Is that compared to another 3x magnifier or just a general comment about this one?

General comment. The Vortex is my only magnifier. I looked through / shot a buddies Eotech magnifier a few years ago & I don’t recall the eye box being so tight. I didn’t buy one myself because I was looking for something for 3gun & chose a LPVO.

$229.00 is the price but I try not to have anything to do with China if at all possible, even if it's a US company using china.... That complicates things and so I may just leave that deal alone... thanks
    It might be a fine product but I'm with you the the China thing. Made in America as much as possible. Allied countries 2nd. Communist countries last.

Every time I consider a magnifier red dot combo, I circle back to getting an LPVO. Weight is most the time similar and advantages past 100 outweigh the advantages of the red dot inside 100. Just my opinion. But if you already have a red dot, seems like the best bang for your buck to get into a magnifier and scratch the itch

I have had one on my work rifle for several years now. Overall I am happy with it. It did have a short eye relief that took some getting used to. Now I have no issues getting a good sight picture with it. I have used it on barricades as just an offset monocal to get a closer look into windows when I didn't need the fit on the Aimpoint magnified.

On AR rifles I always ran LVPOs
    On pistols, red dots and holos.

I recently slung a Vortex 3x magnifier behind a spitfire II red dot, and I’m sold on using that combo on any pistol or rifle that is intended for use 300m and closer.

China or not, it’s pretty fantastic and the price is right (I paid $200+ tax). I’ll be slapping them behind my eotechs, holosuns, sigs and vortex red dots.

get one, you won’t be disappointed. If you are, send it my way and I’ll put it to use.

On AR rifles I always ran LVPOs
    On pistols, red dots and holos.

I recently slung a Vortex 3x magnifier behind a spitfire II red dot, and I’m sold on using that combo on any pistol or rifle that is intended for use 300m and closer.

China or not, it’s pretty fantastic and the price is right (I paid $200+ tax). I’ll be slapping them behind my eotechs, holosuns, sigs and vortex red dots.

get one, you won’t be disappointed. If you are, send it my way and I’ll put it to use.

There's an eotech that's like $250 also, it has the same weight and looks to be about an inch longer. Does it matter that much which one? There's also cheaper ones, and I just don't know how much it matters???

There's an eotech that's like $250 also, it has the same weight and looks to be about an inch longer. Does it matter that much which one? There's also cheaper ones, and I just don't know how much it matters???

As long as the EOTech has the same height I see no problem either either. The Vortex model comes with a spacer place to allow it to mount at two different heights.