• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Vortex Pst ffp Leaking?

That was an exaggeration, my facetiousness precedes me. Does the substance happen to look like an oil type stain or have that appearance?

Because i wanted to try nightforce moar in the first place and the vortex pst ffp crosshair is a little thick for my liking.i do have a couple vortex pst sfp and love them.

Understandable.

Wow.... So much fail and man sand. Do Vortex optics have problems? Of course they do. So do Leupold (personal experience), Nightforce (shooting partner) and any other man-made optic out there. IMHO, if your failure rate is .01% and you sell a shitload of optics, there will be a bunch of bad ones out there. Vortex sells a shitload of scopes, and binos, and rangefinders, and spotting scopes, and monoculars, because they give value for the money. Adam Smith called it the dollar vote. So there are some bad ones around. However, as pointed out, their warranty is the best in the business. If I run over my rifle and bust my Razor, Vortex will replace it. Free. name one other manufacturer that will do that.
FWIW, I've been running a Razor HD 5-20 on my match rifle, and a Diamondback on my airgun, for 2-3 years now. I took a NF off my match gun to put the Razor on it because I was switching to FFP. I put the DiamondBack on my air rifle because it has chewed up six or seven lesser scopes. It's a springer, hotrodded, and the double recoil has broken several inexpensive Burris and Simmons scopes, and one Leupold. The Diamondback is holding up just great after two summers of shooting starlings, and none of the others lasted that long.
So, in my personal experience, Vortex makes a pretty good scope. Certainly better than anything else in their price range.

OP, disregard the trash talking and concentrate on facts.

1911fan

Yes you can per the new rules. Anyone over 45 days is a full member.

I always thought it should be the other way around. A good product should have the best warranty imaginable because, after all, you'll most likely never need to use it.

I concur.

It would be hard to stay in business with a shit product and forever warranty. Even my 3-9x40mm Diamondback has been a solid scope. If my fuckin' kids can't break it, it's GTG!!!

I personally HATE chiming in on ranting posts but I will say this..... Some of you know me....MOST dont... but I get to play with a TON of different setups. ROB01 is dead on... There are issues or dislikes with EVERY scope...rifle...accessory to some degree. We all wish it had this or that extra do dad on it.

The VORTEX line... I will say this. I own 3 as of now and I would NOT hesitate to purchase another VORTEX product at all. Their PST line is one of the best tactical scopes on the market in its price range. Their customer service and warranty division are TOP notch. I have NEVER had to send one of mine back for anything... and I can PROMISE I am harder on my work gear than MOST on here. I am SURE there are not many here that would toss their brand new Ar10(T) that is scoped on the ground from the bed of their truck just to make sure it would hold up. Most look at that as crazy... but I look at it as a piece of gear that is NEEDED all the time to be true.

You know... warranties are there for just in case and piece of mind. Great customer service is a bonus and a testament to the company. Vortex is leagues above most in the industry.

But... as some have said... everyone has opinions... It is your money... buy what you want but dont think that just because you spend 10X more that it wont or cant fail. It is ALL man made by the lowest inventor on the planet and can fail.

Just my .02 worth..

Matt (LEO SOUTH GA.)

I always thought it should be the other way around. A good product should have the best warranty imaginable because, after all, you'll most likely never need to use it.

I believe any Top of the Line Optics should have a warranty and not require one... Does it happen. No.

FWIW

KillerSpade13 Didn't say it should "not have" a warranty, he said should "not require" it.

Just clarifying as KS13 really seemed to mess with people when in all actuality the concept he stated was correct.

Last edited: