• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Vortex PST Gen II

My 5-25 should come in today, should be able to take it out Sunday and stretch it and my 6.5 Creed out to 8-900 yards!

Just wanted to say I received my new Gen 2 PST 5-25 yesterday and I am extremely pleased with it, the turrets are awesome smooth and very tactile, and the glass quality is hands-down better than the first gen. I bought this for my father if he decides he does not like it, it will be listed in the rifle scope PX

BigJake/AHart76, may I ask where you ordered your 5-25x? I've been waiting on optics planet for about a month. looks like they have the 3-15X back in stock. I'm hoping they're saving one of those for me. but they haven't shipped the 3-15X and are waiting on the 5-25X.

I got 2 remington 700s waiting for optics.

I do not know that he has them, but your best bet is always to call and see what he does have.

BigJake/AHart76, may I ask where you ordered your 5-25x? I've been waiting on optics planet for about a month. looks like they have the 3-15X back in stock. I'm hoping they're saving one of those for me. but they haven't shipped the 3-15X and are waiting on the 5-25X.

I got 2 remington 700s waiting for optics.

I got mine from midway, really wasn’t looking for it but was scrolling through midway and saw them in stock and decided I wanted it. Ordered it Thursday of last week. Sold my 6-24 today.

EDIT: I just checked and midway still shows them in stock in Mil and MOA

I got mine from midway, really wasn’t looking for it but was scrolling through midway and saw them in stock and decided I wanted it. Ordered it Thursday of last week. Sold my 6-24 today.

EDIT: I just checked and midway still shows them in stock in Mil and MOA

Thanks! i was able to get Optics Planet to ship my 3-15x44mm. but they're still OOS until mid-Dec for the 5-25x50mm. I may cancel my order of the 5-25x50mm, as long as it doesn't affect my discount. That said, i purchased both as a discounted package. looks like at the total they only discounted the 3-15x44mm

That's odd, because Vortex advertises the 3-15X-44 has 22Mils of elevation. 5-25X50mm has 20Mils of elevation. I'm assuming that it's 20mils total? Unless you're adding the Mils on your reticle too?

http://www.vortexoptics.com/product...p-riflescope-with-ebr-2c-mrad-reticle/reticle

That's the minimum they're guaranteed to have. When I bottomed out the zero stop, I measured mine right at 30 mils. From the factory, the zero stop was set just above bottom and it had about 27 mils.

Got my new 5-25x50 FFP in last night. WOW. Just picking it up and looking at things in the distance, it already seems leaps and bounds better than my Gen 1! The turrets feel awesome and a true zero stop is something I have always regretted not having. Can’t wait to get it mounted up and shoot some steel!

I got to shoot two rifles with the Viper PST Gen 2 6-24 FFP EBR-2C MOA. I was very impressed. We didn't put the turrets to a rigorous test for tracking and repeatability, but the first solution rang the steel at 400 on the first shot from a known 100 zero. The glass was very clear. My only downgrade is the horizontal stadia is pretty thick against a distant target at full magnification.

More equipment shakedown is in order, but I liked it so much that now I want something equivalent in FFP for my latest.

Folks, on your 3-15x44mm or other PST G2 Viper, are you able to adjust the reticle focus? the eye piece focus, not parallax. on mine, I cannot turn it to adjust. sight picture is clear.

that said, quality-wise, the illuminated reticle knob is horrible, very difficult to turn/adjust.
also noticed a glob of glue in the Obj lens bell, it doesn't cause any functional issues.

sight picture is clear, magnification knob is smooth. ele/wind knob have good feel. love the Xmas tree reticle in MRAD.

​​​​​​​I hope my 5-25x50mm is cleaner looking and has better feel with the turrets. still back-ordered

I recently received a demo unit for evaluation. (3-15 pst 2).
The ocular focus is very difficult to turn, once you get it to turn, it moves smoothly but with stiff resistance.
The nice thing about is, you don't have to worry about the focus being turned accidently.

How is the reliability and tracking on the Gen II? Anyone running one hard yet?

I recently received a demo unit for evaluation. (3-15 pst 2).
The ocular focus is very difficult to turn, once you get it to turn, it moves smoothly but with stiff resistance.
The nice thing about is, you don't have to worry about the focus being turned accidently.

You're right. it took a bit...and i think i had some greasy fingers that day. i was able to adjust the ocular/diopter focus. it actually moves pretty easy now. I'm liking the optics, i've been pretty rough handling it, nothing too crazy. it's holding zero. optics is really clear (this is in comparison to my old 2.5-10X32mm PST FFP)

Does anyone know what the Gen2 2-10x32 is shipping with from the factory? I received one today from a vendor and the tape seal was broken and it was obviously removed as well as some of the items inside had been removed and repacked.

I thought it came with lens caps at least...

not sure if it'll help, but I got the 3-15X-44mm FFP MRAD and it came with the sling cap covers, sunshade 3"?, cleaning cloth, allen wrench. and the usual stickers, manual, and I think QC initialed card.

I bought the butler creek caps separately...the front was a bitch to put on the 44mmObj.

yeah, this is the 2x10 but I thought I saw somewhere it was being shipped with the Vortex hinged caps but this just has the covers on shock cord and no sunshade. I did get a hell of a deal though...

the box was definitely opened and rummaged around in, probably a return. I don't think I'm going to keep it either. I expected more (or maybe less as this thing is a pig) from Vortex Gen2.

usually optics planet has the pkged deal with Vortex flip caps. cost is about $20-30 more. I like the vortex front cap but I prefer Butler Creek's rear push button cap.

I picked up a 3-15 MRAD from Euro Optic with the 13% off deal and got a $50 gift card too. It arrived the other day and im really liking it. I slapped it on my scope jig and tracking was spot on and the glass is excellent for the price. Way better than the Gen 1's in my opinion. I put it on a Tikka CTR in 6.5 Creedmoor.

I picked up a 3-15 MRAD from Euro Optic with the 13% off deal and got a $50 gift card too. It arrived the other day and im really liking it. I slapped it on my scope jig and tracking was spot on and the glass is excellent for the price. Way better than the Gen 1's in my opinion. I put it on a Tikka CTR in 6.5 Creedmoor.

I picked up the same scope and got some shooting time in the desert. Scope was great.

Euro Optic recently changed the Vortex deal. It's now 15% off and no more gift card.

I picked up the same scope and got some shooting time in the desert. Scope was great.

Euro Optic recently changed the Vortex deal. It's now 15% off and no more gift card.

I saw that. I was hoping to get it sighted in and spend some time behind it but a sick kid has kept me home on my days off.

I got a bit of a better deal at a different retailer...problem is, it's been OOS for the last 3 months! Still waiting on the 5-25X-50mm

Got my 3-15x44 last week and slapped it on my Sako A1 build in .221 FB.

Like it a lot better than the old gen 1.

Diopter adjustment was extremely stiff, took some force to get started, after that it losened up.

Turret klicks where better than i expected, and glas is very pleasant for the money.

The bikini cap that came with the scope ended up in the trash, never seen cheaper ones... got some vortex defender instead.

Going to shoot some more next weekend, but so far im very satisfied with the buy. And it's a very good upgrade from the gen 1.

/Baner

Reactions: Pestcontrolla
Got my 3-15x44 last week and slapped it on my Sako A1 build in .221 FB.

Like it a lot better than the old gen 1.

Diopter adjustment was extremely stiff, took some force to get started, after that it losened up.

Turret klicks where better than i expected, and glas is very pleasant for the money.

The bikini cap that came with the scope ended up in the trash, never seen cheaper ones... got some vortex defender instead.

Going to shoot some more next weekend, but so far im very satisfied with the buy. And it's a very good upgrade from the gen 1.

/Baner
Dis you notice any side to side play in the turrets when dialing in elevation with the hash marks or hash marks not properly lining up?

Dis you notice any side to side play in the turrets when dialing in elevation with the hash marks or hash marks not properly lining up?

Nothing i noticed, just zeroed it and went from zero to max elevation and back again a couple of times and shot a group just to check if it returned to zero.

Will check in a few hours when i get back from work.

Edit: Checked the turrets and the hashmarks lines upp prefectly from 0 to 10.4, which is what i get out of the scope(no tilt), and no play in it. Only thing thats a bit annoying is that the wind turret got slightly better klicks, a bit more distinct.

/Baner

Last edited:
Anyone have some serious time on one of these who can speak to its durability and ability to track after its been used a while? I am trying to decide on the 5-25X50 FFP or the Razor HD 5-20X50 and have read a fair amount of negative posts on the PST2 regarding having to send it back after only shooting a couple times with it. It seems the Razor is GTG but The 35mm tube is a bit of a turn off and its a bit more expensive; I know Vortex has a great warranty but that doesn't make it less of a PITA to remove, send back, remount, and rezero.

Anyone have some serious time on one of these who can speak to its durability and ability to track after its been used a while? I am trying to decide on the 5-25X50 FFP or the Razor HD 5-20X50 and have read a fair amount of negative posts on the PST2 regarding having to send it back after only shooting a couple times with it. It seems the Razor is GTG but The 35mm tube is a bit of a turn off and its a bit more expensive; I know Vortex has a great warranty but that doesn't make it less of a PITA to remove, send back, remount, and rezero.
Where have you heard negative posts on the PST II with their tracking?

What's funny is, I've noticed the windage thing with just about every single scope I've ever used except nightforce.

Haven't accually though about it before, Have a Beast on one of my long range rifle.

Not that the difference have any negative effects tho, probably the zero stop mechanics that is culprit. And i rather take that than the stupid shims gen 1 had.

/Baner

Where have you heard negative posts on the PST II with their tracking?

A couple threads on ARFCOM (I know), calguns, and a couple other sites. This site seems less biased and more intelligent, so if its not something to be concerned with then I'm more than happy to hear it-that would save me a few hundred bucks

Thnks CSTActical...unfortunately, i've got credit tied up at the other retailer, and they gave me quite the discount. So i'll have to wait. I'm just curious if other retailers are getting them in stock regularly and what's going on at the place i ordered. it's been over 3 months.

We get shipments of them pretty often :)

Any spots have the 5-25 EBR2C MRAD in stock? I have seen a few places with it backordered with 10-12% off the $1,099 price.

I have all 3 of the Vortex Scopes and the only difference I can see between the Gen 2 PST and Gen 1 Razor is the Razor is just a tad brighter..that's it! Probably due to the 35mm tube. View attachment 6700017

Definitely not worth the extra money and extra weight to buy the Gen 1 Razor over the New Gen 2 PST

I lined up all three scopes and put them all on 20x looking at a neighbor's rooftop and air vents at 200yrds, The Gen 2 Razor no contest I can even see the roofing nails in sharp detail at 200 yards.

But there is honestly no difference in Clarity / sharpness between the Gen 1 razor and the Gen 2 PST the Gen 1 is just slightly brighter that is it.

I can tell a noticeable difference between my Gen 1 Razor and my 5-25 pst. Even with the Gen 2 pst at 25x and the Gen 1 Razor at 20, I can see more small details with the Gen 1 Razor. The overall resolution and image quality is just better on the Razor. That said, you’re not going to be missing targets due to the glass that they used. It’s good, it’s just not Razor good.

Really like the turrets on the Gen 2 PST. Definitely nicer and more positive than the Athlon Ares.

I have had the Gen2 PST for a quite a while now only complaint I have is the parallax knob seems to bind up a little around the 100yd setting then frees up towards infinitely. I know I could send it back to Vortex and have it corrected, but I don't feel like the hassle. Its mounted in a SPUHR mount with exactly 20" pounds so I don't think the rings are to tight.

Looking for input. Have a new RPR 6.5. Looking at the 3-15 and the 5-25 FFP scopes. Any input on which way to go is appreciated. Gun will be a desert steel Slayer and I would like to try shooting in a few small local PRS style shoots near me. I've noticed all the top shooters are running the higher magnification scopes but wasn't sure which would be a better value for these scopes.

flyfisher - if you're hunting at 500 yards or less, the 3-15 would get the nod for me. If you're precision shooting at distance, the extra mag range at the top end could be more useful. They're both good options.

flyfisher - if you're hunting at 500 yards or less, the 3-15 would get the nod for me. If you're precision shooting at distance, the extra mag range at the top end could be more useful. They're both good options.
Thanks, doubt this gun will see much hunting. If it does it will be one of those hunts where I know the deer are there and I know I won't have to hike it in very far haha.