• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Gear Vortex Radian Carbon Tripod

ReturnFire

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
  • Sep 23, 2019
    Tyndall AFB
    Does anyone have any experience with these tripods? In particular the model with the ball head?

I don't want to fork out the money for an RRS but I also don't want a POS

at least one guy in this thread

btw, don't pay more than 900.

I have one and really like it. I have used it for PRS and camera work as well. It has taken a beating and still works great.

I have one that I am using at matches to shoot off of and also to spot from. At NRL22 matches I have the tripod caddy on it all my ammo 3 bags and many other items and it holds up just fine. While shooting off of it I like the ball head. I am able to make smooth transitions and make little adjustments. I would reamend it to a friend.

I second all of the above. Same as you, couldn’t stomach the rrs $$$. It likely a rebranded Leofoto but I figured at least Vortex has a good CS reputation and the legs/head combo was a price I could get around. It’s been solid. It’s tall as hell.

I'll echo what the others said that they are a very good option and well made. The tripod works well for shooting off and is solid and in it's compact position you can shoot low kneeling off it. Here are some pics. The tripod without the head on the right is the Two Vets No Name for comparison as people have used them for a while.

IMG_1281.jpg
    IMG_1280.jpg

IMG_1279.jpg