• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Vortex Razor battery life?

Captain Moroni

Well armed easily annoyed
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2007
Pocatello ID
www.highdeserttactical.us
I have a customer with a Razor and he tells me his battery is always dead, he says its turned off when not in use. He is kind of a whiner so I'm not real sure on his claims.Has anyone heard of a problem like this?

Re: Vortex Razor battery life?

I've had the razor for aout 6 months and have had to change out the battery 3 times. The last one lasted about 2 months without being turned on at all. Infact I just E mailed Vortex about whether to leave the dead battery in the scope or to remove it. They said to remove it. So to answer your question, yes the battery will go dead with out it being used.

Also had mine for about 6 months, and I have the same problem. Battery lasts about 2 months whether I use it or not.

Mine definitely goes dead without being turned on. I don't think mine lasts 2 months though.

I just picked up one of these, I hope this isn't the case for all of these scopes.

Scott, I concur on this issue.

<span style="font-style: italic">P.S. If it makes y'all feel any better - in my Soviet POSP scope on SVD (well, ROMAK actually
smile.gif
) batteries die rather quicker than that. So now I "load" the scope only when actually going somewhere.
grin.gif
</span>