• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vortex Razor HD Gen III 6-36x56

So I called Eurooptics today to see if they had a clue on lead times as I wanted to backorder one before my cert expired. The guy I talked to said they had no idea when it would ship.
I asked Eurooptic the same thing and got the same answer. I even got in touch with Vortex about time estimates. They said they can’t speak to particular venders but if someone orders directly from Vortex they are saying 4-6 months for delivery.

Hide special, order from our site and request the Tenebraex caps in the notes and we send them you a set for free!

I asked Eurooptic the same thing and got the same answer. I even got in touch with Vortex about time estimates. They said they can’t speak to particular venders but if someone orders directly from Vortex they are saying 4-6 months for delivery.
Same here. I got a refund and picked one up off the forum. They also gave me a new 30% coupon. Don't let a cert expire bc your waiting call euro optic they will help u out.

Last edited:
Would it be crazy to put one of these on a lighter AR10? I was going to go with a 4.5-22 LHT to keep things lighter but someone mentioned durability earlier which I hadn’t really thought of. I can’t imagine a tuned gas gun would kill it but still.

Would it be crazy to put one of these on a lighter AR10? I was going to go with a 4.5-22 LHT to keep things lighter but someone mentioned durability earlier which I hadn’t really thought of. I can’t imagine a tuned gas gun would kill it but still.
There is no rule against any scope on any rifle, but the question of what is the goal remains. I have both optics you mention and the G3 is far superior optically but at the expense of being twice the weight of the 4.5-22. I would not worry about putting the 4.5-22 on a gasser, see post #344 here:

Reactions: Jnull
There is no rule against any scope on any rifle, but the question of what is the goal remains. I have both optics you mention and the G3 is far superior optically but at the expense of being twice the weight of the 4.5-22. I would not worry about putting the 4.5-22 on a gasser, see post #344 here:

And twice the cost. Yea I read that yesterday actually. I like to keep most of my rifles multi purpose incase I want to hunt with them but if I’m being honest this will most likely be a range toy. My 556 with a thermal pretty much does all my predator hunting.

In another thread a guy posted that the Gen 3 6-36 has an issue with tracking, indicating a lot have had to send their scopes back to Vortex to fix the internals so it tracks properly. Just curious, how many G3 6-36 users here have had that issue as I had not heard that one before?

In another thread a guy posted that the Gen 3 6-36 has an issue with tracking, indicating a lot have had to send their scopes back to Vortex to fix the internals so it tracks properly. Just curious, how many G3 6-36 users here have had that issue as I had not heard that one before?

Yeah I saw all kinds of claims made…

Yeah I saw all kinds of claims made…
"Claims" meaning people actually having to send their units back, or "claims" that they heard of this happening? You sell quite a few G3's I'd imagine so curious if you've heard more than others?

"Claims" meaning people actually having to send their units back, or "claims" that they heard of this happening? You sell quite a few G3's I'd imagine so curious if you've heard more than others?

We have seen some sent back to correct the feel of the turret or locking mechanism. For tracking issues none so far out of our 3 digit of samples.

The claims I was referring too in that post made towards multiple high end scopes that nobody else has mentioned while promoting his favorite.

I have 2 and both track perfectly.

Reactions: Glassaholic
I have both those optics and I wouldn't put the Gen 3 on an AR10 that I had gone to the trouble of keeping light. As Glassaholic said, the glass is better on the Gen 3 and the turrets are vastly better but it's also twice the weight. I've got more time/rounds on the Gen 3 but I've been using the LHT quite a bit recently and really do like it. I think it would be a good fit on a gas gun.

We have seen some sent back to correct the feel of the turret or locking mechanism. For tracking issues none so far out of our 3 digit of samples.

The claims I was referring too in that post made towards multiple high end scopes that nobody else has mentioned while promoting his favorite.
Thanks for the detail and now I understand what you mean by "claims".

Reactions: CSTactical
I have both those optics and I wouldn't put the Gen 3 on an AR10 that I had gone to the trouble of keeping light. As Glassaholic said, the glass is better on the Gen 3 and the turrets are vastly better but it's also twice the weight. I've got more time/rounds on the Gen 3 but I've been using the LHT quite a bit recently and really do like it. I think it would be a good fit on a gas gun.

I ordered two gen 3s I’m going to upgrade some scopes so I figured I could try one on the ar10 but I think an lht or a 2.5-20 NX8 would be a good fit for that gun

I ordered two gen 3s I’m going to upgrade some scopes so I figured I could try one on the ar10 but I think an lht or a 2.5-20 NX8 would be a good fit for that gun
Yeah, the LHT or the NX8 would both be a good fit (I've had a 2.5-20 NX8 previously and quite liked it). Save some weight with the LHT or get nicer turrets with the NX8.

Yeah, the LHT or the NX8 would both be a good fit (I've had a 2.5-20 NX8 previously and quite liked it). Save some weight with the LHT or get nicer turrets with the NX8.
If you need the wider FOV of the NX8 then it's a no brainer, I would say the NX8 has a slight edge optically over my LHT throughout the range... but hard to pass up how light the LHT is. One other issue is if you want zero stop on LHT then you're limited to 11.5 mrad of travel which may be fine for hunters but not so much if you want to go far...

If you need the wider FOV of the NX8 then it's a no brainer, I would say the NX8 has a slight edge optically over my LHT throughout the range... but hard to pass up how light the LHT is. One other issue is if you want zero stop on LHT then you're limited to 11.5 mrad of travel which may be fine for hunters but not so much if you want to go far...
I didn't hang onto my NX8 long enough after I got the LHT so never really compared the glass. I always did like the glass on the NX8 though. 2.5-20 is a better mag range for a gas gun than 4.5-22, imo so the LHT really benefits from an offset red dot which could kinda negate the weight savings. I haven't found the zero stop to be an issue but the rifle it's on has barrels/calibers that can go out decently far with 11.5 mils (20" .308, 24" 6.5 Creed, 26" 7SAUM).

One other issue is if you want zero stop on LHT then you're limited to 11.5 mrad of travel which may be fine for hunters but not so much if you want to go far...

I guess that really depends on what you are using the scope for, I need less than that to get my .308 which is zeroed at 100 yards all the way to 1000 yards.

Being that it was made as a crossover hunting / range scope, I'm not sure the 11.5 mills of travel when using the zero stop is any kind of issue for most users.

I didn't hang onto my NX8 long enough after I got the LHT so never really compared the glass. I always did like the glass on the NX8 though. 2.5-20 is a better mag range for a gas gun than 4.5-22, imo so the LHT really benefits from an offset red dot which could kinda negate the weight savings. I haven't found the zero stop to be an issue but the rifle it's on has barrels/calibers that can go out decently far with 11.5 mils (20" .308, 24" 6.5 Creed, 26" 7SAUM).

I don’t run an offset rds on anything and definitely wouldn’t start on a 22” AR10. This rifle will be 90% range and 10% predator hunting. Maybe whitetail if PA ever legalizes semis for big game but I don’t even know that I’d wanna take a rifle like that deer hunting.

It’s a tough choice for sure, they’d both be great scopes for my needs. I have a 4-32 NX8 that I like a lot so I’m sure the 2.5-20 is a great scope as well, the newer versions at least if that’s the difference between the two samples you tested.

It’s a tough choice for sure, they’d both be great scopes for my needs. I have a 4-32 NX8 that I like a lot so I’m sure the 2.5-20 is a great scope as well, the newer versions at least if that’s the difference between the two samples you tested.
The first version I purchased was right after release and it was a mess optically, second one was from last year I think and was almost like a different scope. 4-32 is a longer design and is going to be a bit more forgiving than the ultra short design on the 2.5-20.

Has anyone tested the 7-35 atacr versus the Gen III? I love my Gen III but find myself wanting the mil XT and non-locking turrets. I presume i wouldn’t be giving up much glass wise with the NF. I don’t think the 5-25 ATACR is in the same class optically as my Gen III and supposedly the 7-35. Least my sample wasn’t.

Also so this is news to me, I'm just now finding out Vortex will change the turret out for Non-locking? Has anyone else heard this?

@high right I have word that you've done this? Please post pics if so?

Asked them to put a witness mark on the turret body when it's unlocked. They said they couldn't. I don't use the locking feature on ANY of my scopes except windage. They deleted it on my first one, other is on it's way back to me now. Love it.

Asked them to put a witness mark on the turret body when it's unlocked. They said they couldn't. I don't use the locking feature on ANY of my scopes except windage. They deleted it on my first one, other is on it's way back to me now. Love it.
What’s it look like?

Doesn't look any different. Elevation turret turns in the down position now.
Who told ya I got that done?

I haven't heard of this being an option before. Seems like a great update though.

Is there any reason you asked for the witness mark even though the delete keeps the turret in the down position?

Just got mine and it had defender caps. It also had turrets with zero locking I mean they just slid up and down heh. Also kinda mushy. Contacted Vortex and they sent a prepaid label and off it went this am.

Mines getting the lock deleted and i can’t wait. If it could just come back black 😂

Just got mine and it had defender caps. It also had turrets with zero locking I mean they just slid up and down heh. Also kinda mushy. Contacted Vortex and they sent a prepaid label and off it went this am.
They come back much much better. I got mine back about a month ago. It's daylight and dark. Only thing I wish I had had them free up the parallax some it's a little stiff. The lock is nice and snappy and there is zero mush now.

Reactions: Im2bent
Yeah, I bought one from a member on here and it was pretty much like that. But Vortex had it there and back in 5 days for the upgrade and the turrets are now on par with my Razor G2.

Reactions: Im2bent
I need send both mine in this winter before next year's season starts.

So I just ordered a razor gen 3. Have they fixed the turrets I know I read they were mushy and sometimes the lock wouldnt stay locked on elevation turret? Also I seen somewhere that someone was making an after market plastic ring to fit between turret and by pass the locking part anyone know where to get one?

So I just ordered a razor gen 3. Have they fixed the turrets I know I read they were mushy and sometimes the lock wouldnt stay locked on elevation turret? Also I seen somewhere that someone was making an after market plastic ring to fit between turret and by pass the locking part anyone know where to get one?
You can just get vortex to delete the lock. Mine should be back any day now

What’s bad about the locking turret? The gen 2 razors have been out for probably 6-8 years and I have never seen a thread or heard a mention of anyone wanting to delete the locking turret, but now it’s a thing.

What’s bad about the locking turret? The gen 2 razors have been out for probably 6-8 years and I have never seen a thread or heard a mention of anyone wanting to delete the locking turret, but now it’s a thing.
Believe it's due to the poor or inconsistent locking mechanics of the gen3 6-36

Reactions: wade2big
Nothing once it's fixed. I just don't like locking elevation turrets.

Just got my gen 3 back from Vortex. Had them delete the elevation lock and give the windage turret a more positive detent when locked. The turrets are now what I hoped for from the factory. Very happy with Vortex customer service.

Reactions: 5RWill