• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex Razor HD problem

Bluegrass Tactical

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 24, 2011
KY
I have a Stiller Tac 338, 40 MOA base, in an AICS that I just put a Razor HD on. I'm bore sighting it and have run out of down vertical adjustment. The turret is not bottomed out, but will only go down to line 5, zero stops are out. Anybody had this happen and have a fix for it without sending it back to the factory?

Re: Vortex Razor HD problem

What range are you trying to use for zero?

You have a 40MOA base on the rifle. That is why you won't be able to zero at a closer range. You can use either hold under or zero for a longer distance that is within the scopes range of adjustment.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: supersniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You have a 40MOA base on the rifle. That is why you won't be able to zero at a closer range. </div></div>

The scope has 36 mils of adjustment in it. He should be able to run a 60moa base and still run a 100 yard zero.

Reactions: gnochi and Alabusa

600 yard zero. I know with that many moa a close zero is not possible. I'm thinking that the elevation on my scope is broken, since it won't go through the full range of adjustment.

im still thinking 40 moa is prob. i may be wrong. i guess my logic is bottomed out is around "level" and the 36 is just added elevation capacity. with an optic that has 36 mils elev. dont see needing 40 moa. surgeon1086 has 30 and it only takes me 6.8 to get to 966 36mils takes me to 2300 yds. i dont think me or you are going to be shooting to that distance accurately with our chamberings

If your bottoming out and and your on line 5 you still have plenty to lower the scope. Following the directions that came with the scope, defeat your zero stop by undoing the scopes turret and making the adjustment to unlock it.

Reactions: LG65CM

Thanks KYS338, I feel like a complete idiot. I didn't read the directions correctly, didn't realize there was another set of screws to unlock. That should make my life a lot easier.

For what it's worth, I have Razor HD on DTA SRS 338LM with 40MOA base zeroed at 96m ('cause that's the distance the most convenient range has).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If your bottoming out and and your on line 5 you still have plenty to lower the scope. Following the directions that came with the scope, defeat your zero stop by undoing the scopes turret and making the adjustment to unlock it. </div></div>

quick read, missed the line 5 part

P12 of manual(downloadable) steps for bore sighting are there (I just did this w my new razor)