• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Vortex Razor quality?

DavidK

Sergeant
Banned !
Minuteman
Jul 27, 2006
Where does the Vortex Razor rank in terms of quality?

Is it as good or better than NightForce?

Re: Vortex Razor quality?

I see now how you get to the 10000+ post mark...

The glass clarity may not be 100% to NF quality, if not its 98-99%, but everything else is for sure.

Clicks are solid, tactile, and audible.

Adjustments are dead on and repeatable.

Reticle is top notch design and quality, also is dead on.

Zero stop is the TITS.

Illumination is perfect, unless for some reason you need to see it during the day.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jonaddis84</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I see now how you get to the 10000+ post mark...

The glass clarity may not be 100% to NF quality, if not its 98-99%, but everything else is for sure.

Clicks are solid, tactile, and audible.

Adjustments are dead on and repeatable.

Reticle is top notch design and quality, also is dead on.

Zero stop is the TITS.

Illumination is perfect, unless for some reason you need to see it during the day.</div></div>

i really can not reacall the last time i witnessed the above mentioned POS in the top 10 in any of the matyches i have attended in a seven state area in the past several years

i've slept since then....but please help me remember who brought home the fucking bacon please.........sport!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i really can not reacall the last time i witnessed the above mentioned POS in the top 10 in any of the matyches i have attended in a seven state area in the past several years</div></div>

Bolt,

Can you qualify why you think the RAZOR is a POS?

John

Other than a lack of a single turn knob, and a bit of tight eyebox at 20x, I don't feel I am giving anything up to my S&B. In fact, I like my reticle better.

It's a great scope backed some of the best in the business.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JPipes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Other than a lack of a single turn knob, and a bit of tight eyebox at 20x, I don't feel I am giving anything up to my S&B. In fact, I like my reticle better.

It's a great scope backed some of the best in the business.</div></div>

couldn't agree more, I think they are a great scope, and the price is very reasonable, not to mention the guys that work there will go above any beyond to make sure the end customer is more than happy

where are you guys hiding your toys......i NEVER see them at matches is all i'm saying

tuck them away in your hidey hole and jerk off with them......but really dude i have not seen them on the line.....

tell me i'm wrong!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i NEVER see them at matches is all i'm saying</div></div>

Interesting... I use mine, but I don't get out of state...

I was just wondering if you had some negative feedback on them other than opinion. I really haven't heard a peep about one not performing or going down...

John

no the vortex is not "better" than the nightforce. But that doesnt mean that it doesnt have good features and it isnt a solid scope for your build.
<ul style="list-style-type: disc">[*]It is a first focal plane, the nightforce is not (unless you opt for the F1)
[*]the reticles are of good design (i have the ebr-2. i like the numbered elevation holds with the windage holds and the thick solid posts)
[*]The Large knob is easy to find without taking your eyes off the scope. the clicks are solid and audible
[*]the zero stop is perfect, i have yet to see any slop in it
[*]the scope is repeatable. yesterday it went from 100 to 750 and back and forth for 50 rounds without issue.[/list]

The nightforce is proven. It holds up to the job, well. its tough and can take recoil. its reticles are clear and the glass is bright. you can dial it every which ways and it returns to zero time after time.

bottom line. if your buying new, buy a nightforce...if you get a steal of a deal or are trading the vortex is a solid choice and wont do you wrong.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">where are you guys hiding your toys......i NEVER see them at matches is all i'm saying

tuck them away in your hidey hole and jerk off with them......but really dude i have not seen them on the line.....

tell me i'm wrong!</div></div>

I don't recall seeing you at the 2010 Cup, nor the 2010 Bash, both of which I shot (alas, poorly...). I ran my Razor at the Cup on my 308 with 155's, and my Schmidt at the Bash on my 223ai w/80gr jlk's. Scott, with Vortex, ran his Razor at the Bash on a .300wm.

Based on my experience, I'll be back at Rifles Only for some much needed training, and I'll be taking my 308 with the Razor. As well, I'll be running this set-up at the Cup later this year, assuming I make the cut to get in.

The top ten finishers at the matches I shot, in my opinion, could run a Super Sniper 10x and still come out on top. Those guys are good with any rifle.

As the old saying goes...opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, and if you look deep enough they're both full of shit.

Do your own research, and make up your own mind. What's best for someone else may not suit you.

I have both a NF f1 and a Razor, and the Razor is riding my primary stick. They're both great scopes with great glass, but the features are what you will likely make your decision on.

Well considering theyre what, two years old or something, I wonder if that has anything to do with it?

I dont care if a scope is $100 or $5000, if it is repeatable and accurate, then if someone who has the skills happens to put it on his rig then you will see it in the winners circle. The scope is probably only 10% of the whole long range precision package.

Vortex Razor HD is probably one and a half years old, and quite extensively (and favorably) reviewed here and in other threads on SH.

Also, check this thread: Vortex Optics and Jerry Miculek team up for 2011.

I haven't used Nightforce - but spec-wise Razor was a better choice for me. Capabilities-wise IMHO it beats Nightforce (windage & elevation adjustment range, magnification range, reticle selection - I prefer EBR, cost, total package).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jonaddis84</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well considering theyre what, two years old or something, I wonder if that has anything to do with it?</div></div>

I suspect this is a large reason why Bolt and others don't see a large percentage at the line. They are a relatively small percentage of the scopes that are out their. IIRC, mine was s/n 5xx or something. How many years have NF been shipping 5.5-22's?

Apples to apples you have to compare the Razor to the F1. The Razor has more top end, the NF has more bottom end.

Most people who brag about NF glass own NF's. I'm not overly impressed, but then again I think the Razor glass is above average, not great.

Reticles... no comparison. Either the EBR2 or EBR3 are miles ahead of the MLR or mil dot. Vortex is way ahead of the curve here.

Durability? NF's are legendary, but they fail. Ask Frank. Watch Franks Vortex video and ask yourself if you would like that done to YOUR scope.

Warranty and customer service. You'd have to be a hermit that lives in a shack in the hills of WV not to know of Vortex's commitment to their customers and presence in these forums. With all due respect, how often do we see a NF rep. say word one?

Add to that the NF is $3-400 more? No brainer in my book.

John

FWIW, I am an unabashed NF slut, but I bought a Razor a couple weeks ago. I do not have enough rounds under it to say I love or hate it.

Things I really like are-

EBR3 reticle. LOVE IT. Absolutely outstanding.

Passed all tracking tests.

Click feel is excellent- very NXS like.

Zero stop set up is simple.

Glass quality is nice.

5-20X is a nice mag range.

NXS bikini covers will work on this scope!

Things I dont like are-

Tight eyebox at 18-20x

50gal drum of an elevation turret. WTF? Then to only have 5mil per rev on such an enormous turret only compounds my attitude twords it.

Physical size of the scope. It friggin HUGE! I like to run my scopes pretty far forward. I nearly had mounting issues due to its size.

Illumination reostat location. I HATE exposed reostats. I always inadvertly turn them on only to notice it a few days later. I didnt even put the battery in this scope...lol! Complain what you will about the NXS reostat, but Ill take that ANY day.

35mm tube. Limited ring selection sucks.

All in all I think it is very nice scope, and am glad to have bought it. Only time will tell if it has the "guts" to hang with a NXS...

David if you want to see one first hand let me know and you can come down to Ledyard CT and we can shoot and you can try one out for yourself right next to a NF F1.

Was able to do a comparison with a Razor HD 5-20X50, NF NXS 3.5-15X50, NF NXS 5.5-20X56 (on friends rifle) and a USO 3.2-17X44. NF and USO were mounted on rifles the Razor is a brand new scope unmounted. There were 3 of us and we did the comparison in the evening starting around 5 pm until to dark to really see. I put a calendar out at 100 yd. and used each scope to see what could be seen. All scopes were set at 15 power to keep it fair.

All we were able to check was glass quality, resolution, color transmission. Did not shoot any, so no opinion on tracking other than I know the NF and USO track correctly because they are mine and I've checked. Yes click feel is good on the Razor, don't really care for the turret either but I could live with it. This one had the EBR-1 moa reticle, a lot like the USO moa scale type one, felt right at home. There was no doubt the Razor had the best glass, could read the day dates and pick out objects in the picture easier. Color transmission was better also. I adjusted and adjusted on both of my scopes trying to get even with the Razor and never got there.

I'll try one next time I need a scope, would be useful for an identification stage like you see at Tiger Valley (crazy bitch stage). It did surprise me with the quality of the glass, if it tracks and holds up to the abuse, what's not to like.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">where are you guys hiding your toys......i NEVER see them at matches is all i'm saying

tell me i'm wrong! </div></div>

Mine is on my current match/duty rifle. You will see it on the line in Oregon this year if you come again.
wink.gif

IMHO it doesn't give up anything to Nightforce. However I don't think it's on the same level as Schmidt & Bender.

The EBR-2 reticle is better than anything the others currently offer.

8541 Tactical - Razor HD Review

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmRM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FWIW, I am an unabashed NF slut, but I bought a Razor a couple weeks ago. I do not have enough rounds under it to say I love or hate it.</div></div>

Hope it was looking through mine that pushed you over the top.

I went from NF to USO to the Razor with EBR2.

I do miss my old NF NP-R1....

The Razor loses out a bit to the Hensoldt. But not enough by any means to double the cost for a scope. IMO. (The 4-16x56 H was niiiice just not for me at $3k+)

So - if you have deep pockets, pick your model/setup and buy a SB or Hensoldt and be done with the search. If your on a budget, Make sure to get some hands on with FFP vs SFP and the Vortex - NF line of scopes.

TRY before you buy. It will save you A LOT of money, time, and you don't have to care about what others think since there will always be shooters who can out shoot you with a Tasco.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmRM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FWIW, I am an unabashed NF slut, but I bought a Razor a couple weeks ago. I do not have enough rounds under it to say I love or hate it.</div></div>

Hope it was looking through mine that pushed you over the top. </div></div>

It was indeed.

I looked the one Lowlight reviewed, after adjusting it to my eyes I thought the glass was the same as my NF, I really liked the reticle, the little fiber optic rods are a nice touch too, but Vortex has the same problem Leupold and Bushnell have, they sell crap and they sell good, how do you know what your getting, just because it says Vortex on the side doesn't mean your getting the same quaility\value\whatever, they need(Leupold Bushnell and Vortex) to rebrand there products to reflect a difference.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I looked the one Lowlight reviewed, after adjusting it to my eyes I thought the glass was the same as my NF, I really liked the reticle, the little fiber optic rods are a nice touch too, but Vortex has the same problem Leupold and Bushnell have, they sell crap and they sell good, how do you know what your getting, just because it says Vortex on the side doesn't mean your getting the same quaility\value\whatever, they need(Leupold Bushnell and Vortex) to rebrand there products to reflect a difference. </div></div>

Brian -

I'm no marketing expert, but I feel like they ARE doing a fine job of re-branding their "tactical" product lines. There is a concerted effort within Vortex, it seems, to differentiate their Razor and PST products from their more traditional hunting products. One needs to look no further than their sponsorship of tactical matches (three gun and practical rifle), their relationship with Jerry Miculek, and their dedicated website to tactical shooting products.

Heck, I shot next to Scott with Vortex at the Bash...I haven't seen any Leupold reps actively engaged in these matches. Scott's a hell of a nice guy, and a great representative for their tactical products.

My .02 cents.

Thanks,
Josh

Sorry Bolt,

I have been away at a comp and just wandered into this thread.
I am by no means the gold standard when it comes to shooters and I can tell you there were several very talented and capable shooter that had Vortex Razors on the top of their rifles this weekend. My opinion of Vortex as a company is that they are very aggressive about developing and bringing to market some of the best optics out there. They are “stand up” people who have addressed any problem publically and have not turned a blind eye. I feel confident in saying that not only are there several shooters that are using Vortex to great effectiveness that this number will only continue to go up.

To the OP’s question at hand “are they better”. I have owned a Nightforce F-1 (two to be exact) and one was DOA (yes it did have the QA/QC sticker on it) so I am speaking from a first hand basis. If you look at the construction of the Razor and the F-1 you will find that several of the sub assemblies and machining is very “similar”.

If you are ever in the Vegas area please feel free to catch up with me and I am more than happy to put you behind my rifle.

Nightforce is going the way of the dinosaur because they chose not to listen to their customers. I see this happening all of the time with well established corporations. I mean really- how long did it take Nightforce to realize that only 4 moa travel per turret rotation just wasn't going to get it? I wonder how many customers who suggested more clicks per revolution were ignored? How long have NF customers been wanting a Gen2 mil-dot reticle or better? Well you snooze you lose I guess. Perhaps they can turn things around if they wake up and start listening to their customers as Vortex has.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 6mmFan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nightforce is going the way of the dinosaur because they chose not to listen to their customers. I see this happening all of the time with well established corporations. I mean really- how long did it take Nightforce to realize that only 4 moa travel per turret rotation just wasn't going to get it? I wonder how many customers who suggested more clicks per revolution were ignored? How long have NF customers been wanting a Gen2 mil-dot reticle or better? Well you snooze you lose I guess. Perhaps they can turn things around if they wake up and start listening to their customers as Vortex has. </div></div>

Do you really think NF is going to go under? I'm new to this but my impression is that they are very strong with the tactical shooting world.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gavin S.</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 6mmFan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nightforce is going the way of the dinosaur because they chose not to listen to their customers. I see this happening all of the time with well established corporations. I mean really- how long did it take Nightforce to realize that only 4 moa travel per turret rotation just wasn't going to get it? I wonder how many customers who suggested more clicks per revolution were ignored? How long have NF customers been wanting a Gen2 mil-dot reticle or better? Well you snooze you lose I guess. Perhaps they can turn things around if they wake up and start listening to their customers as Vortex has. </div></div>

Do you really think NF is going to go under? I'm new to this but my impression is that they are very strong with the tactical shooting world. </div></div>

Nightforce is not going to go under anytime soon. However they do need to listen to their customers more. More reticle choices would be nice. A reticle similar to the USO GAP reticle would be great. They also need a higher magnification FFP scope to compete with USO, S&B, Vortex, and Premier.

They are not going to go under, they are still releasing new products that people love (high speed turrets). But I do see Vortex stealing quite a few of their customers, granted they only have one scope that is REALLY competing with NF right now (the Razor), but it has only been out for under 2 years and we see how well Vortex listens to its customer base, namely its snipershide customer base.

Who knows what else they will come out with still this year, the PST's will definitely steal some would be future NF owners if everything turns out right with them. Once more and more people start handling Razors and seeing how excellent the reticle is, how nice the glass is, and how they are FFP with a wider zoom range than the F1's for less $ it will be interesting to see market share changing.

This could almost be compared to an iPhone vs Android competition. So many people thought that nothing could ever top the iPhone, now all the sudden Android owns a higher market share in the smartphone business because they are growing faster and listening to the customers much much better than apple did.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 6mmFan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nightforce is going the way of the dinosaur because they chose not to listen to their customers. I see this happening all of the time with well established corporations. I mean really- how long did it take Nightforce to realize that only 4 moa travel per turret rotation just wasn't going to get it? I wonder how many customers who suggested more clicks per revolution were ignored? How long have NF customers been wanting a Gen2 mil-dot reticle or better? Well you snooze you lose I guess. Perhaps they can turn things around if they wake up and start listening to their customers as Vortex has. </div></div>

So, you are saying that most optic companies listen to every desire of their customers? How long did it take for Leupold to match reticle to turret? Nightforce produces a great scope, and multiple reticles that fit the bill for many shooters. If you dont like the reticles or that it took a while to produce hi speed turrets, then move along. Hell I know many shooters that desire a zero stop and the Hensoldt does not have one. If you find the perfect optic, let me know because I have yet to find it.

tuck them away in your hidey hole and jerk off with them......but really dude I have not seen them on the line.....

tell me i'm wrong!</div></div>

Bolt they have actully been on the line quite frequently and this last weekend the winner was shooting one.

I am about 100% sure that they are made by LightOptical in Japan which is where Nightforce is made as well.

Great reticle design, their EBR-3 is a GAP Reticle with a different name a a couple of good tweaks

Lucky for me I picked one up off the table for my third place finish, ill let you all know what I think soon but so far its looking like a good piece of kit.

4 MOA per turn nightforce? must be the special version that comes with a bicycle helmet
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zohan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 6mmFan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nightforce is going the way of the dinosaur because they chose not to listen to their customers. I see this happening all of the time with well established corporations. I mean really- how long did it take Nightforce to realize that only 4 moa travel per turret rotation just wasn't going to get it? I wonder how many customers who suggested more clicks per revolution were ignored? How long have NF customers been wanting a Gen2 mil-dot reticle or better? Well you snooze you lose I guess. Perhaps they can turn things around if they wake up and start listening to their customers as Vortex has. </div></div>

4 MOA per turn nightforce? must be the special version that comes with a bicycle helmet
wink.gif
</div></div>

ROFL!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmRM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Illumination reostat location. I HATE exposed reostats. I always inadvertly turn them on only to notice it a few days later. I didnt even put the battery in this scope...lol! Complain what you will about the NXS reostat, but Ill take that ANY day.

35mm tube. Limited ring selection sucks.

All in all I think it is very nice scope, and am glad to have bought it. Only time will tell if it has the "guts" to hang with a NXS...

</div></div>

To each their own I guess, but I actually hated the illumination adjustement in the NF. Ever try hunting when dusk transitions into dark with a NF? When you actually want the illumination up a little higher at dusk and a really low almost nothing illumination at dark. It is a huge PITA to take the the cover off, pop the battery adjust the illumination then put the battery back in, then check the illumination and still not have it right. The Razor has an off position between every setting...pretty easy to turn it off. Arguably one of the easiest.

I owned and sold that Nightforce 5.5-22x50 NPR1. I thought the glass was decent as were the clicks and adjustements, but wasn't impressed by the scope as a unit.

My main scopes right now are a USO SN3 with a GAP reticle and a pair of Razors w/ EBR3's, (Got the Razor's from Liberty Optics, Thanks Scott!). George is right, its almost a perfect match to my GAP reticle. It makes it pretty easy to transition between rifles and at least use holds. To be honest while I prefer the EREK knob to just about anything else out there, as a whole I prefer the Razor over my USO.

i have had the pleasure of being behind both sopes ALOT. and i say there are definately advantages to the razor, i find it hard to really find a fault other then the huge turret. the thing is tough as nails, really clear glass, tracks well, and is perfectly at home on my DTA.

NF makes a tough scope but they sit a little too comfortably on their gov. contracts. i'll still buy NF stuff but if razor lets loose a couple more razor models (3-15, 2-10) i'd be hard pressed to buy anything else for the price.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmRM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Illumination reostat location. I HATE exposed reostats. I always inadvertly turn them on only to notice it a few days later. I didnt even put the battery in this scope...lol! Complain what you will about the NXS reostat, but Ill take that ANY day.
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: osuarchitect</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
To each their own I guess, but I actually hated the illumination adjustement in the NF. Ever try hunting when dusk transitions into dark with a NF? When you actually want the illumination up a little higher at dusk and a really low almost nothing illumination at dark. It is a huge PITA to take the the cover off, pop the battery adjust the illumination then put the battery back in, then check the illumination and still not have it right. The Razor has an off position between every setting...pretty easy to turn it off. Arguably one of the easiest.
</div></div>

Exactly. To each their own. I greatly prefer the NXS reostat. I simply set mine to my prefered setting for early dawn/late dusk use and rock on. Never had an issue doing it this way. Never implied that the Razor reostat was hard to turn off its just too easy to ON- as are all scopes with the reostat in a similar location. Learned this the hard way...Dead batteries wont illuminate reticles......

This thread has gotten interesting, for its the first Ive ever heard anyone accusing NF of resting on its laurels.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmRM</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmRM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Illumination reostat location. I HATE exposed reostats. I always inadvertly turn them on only to notice it a few days later. I didnt even put the battery in this scope...lol! Complain what you will about the NXS reostat, but Ill take that ANY day.
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: osuarchitect</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

Exactly. To each their own. I greatly prefer the NXS reostat. I simply set mine to my prefered setting for early dawn/late dusk use and rock on. Never had an issue doing it this way. Never implied that the Razor reostat was hard to turn off its just too easy to ON- as are all scopes with the reostat in a similar location. Learned this the hard way...Dead batteries wont illuminate reticles......

</div></div>

I have an NXS and the battery is burned up on the rheostat because I missed it being on too many times going into the case. A quick visual inspection before the gun goes in won't catch it. I haven't had the issue with my Premier because you can see from across the room when the rheostat is on.

This is a minor gripe.

Just got my Razor. The clincher was being able to fondle Scott's on the line at the Shooters Bash. Given the oppurtunity, A/B-ing in the field helped me decide.

If only they would change it to 10 mils/turn. The turret is big enough for it. Then it would be perfect!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Joeyhotfizzle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If only they would change it to 10 mils/turn. The turret is big enough for it. Then it would be perfect! </div></div>

I have to assume that this is something that is definitely in the works, would definitely be a nice addition.

Just picked up an EBR2 off the Hide and I am amped to get it. Its hard to tell from the pics (and I know it is purely cosmetic) but what does the Shadow Black Stealth look like? In some of the pics, it almost looks brown.

I'd call it a dark brown. I find it more attractive than the black. They did a very good job on the surface finish.

John

I have seen a number of Vortex Razor scopes being used at Rifles Only and at least one at the last Tiger Valley match I shot. Just because you don't have one or have any experience behind the product is not a reason to discount their quality or condemn the brand. I own a Razor and I'm quite happy with it, and you will most certainly see me running it at future matches. But I suspect that this is an age old debate, and long before NF, S&B, and Zeiss Hensholdt came on the tactical scene there were plenty of guys espousing the virtues of the Leupold scopes; just as you espouse the virtues of the NF line.

Please don't tell me that you are foolish enough to believe that matches are won solely on the merits of a shooter’s chosen equipment. That optics, caliber selection, barrel, action, and bi-pod are all that matters when the scores are tallied. For me there is no question that there are any number of guys out there shooting matches that would hand you or I our proverbial asses in any shooting contest were we all provided the same equipment (be that a Daisy Red Rider or an AIAW toped with a Hensholdt). I believe the “true rifleman” is capable of picking up any reasonably accurate rifle/scope and delivering accurate fire with the proper application of the fundamentals of marksmanship. In other words: I’d rather have you with your NF shooting at me at any range than say Carlos Hathcock R.I.P. shooting at me with his vintage Vietnam era rifle at 1000 yards. In summary, while you certainly are entitled to your opinion on this subject; you are in fact wrong!

By the way, I have seen you shoot, and you’re no slouch so don’t take the Hathcock comparison as some kind of assault on your shooting prowess. I also strongly suspect that some of your comments in this thread are incendiary comments made only for purposes of agitation and possibly even entertainment. Your reputation precedes you my friend.

If I decide to run my Vortex at the next match we attend I'll be delighted to let you saddle up to it and have a gander.

Did I hear the winner and 2nd place of Military class in the Mammoth shoot were running Razor's?