• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Vortex Razor reticle eyepiece on Swarovski spotters?

ToddM

Philanthropist
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 1, 2008
PA
I ran across a birding article/post etc. the other day about putting the Vortex Razor eyepiece on the Swarovski bodies and vice versa, seemed like they were interested in using the Swaro wide 25-50 on the Razor scope body. However, it seemed hit and miss from various posters if it really worked depending on the Swarovski model.

Has anyone verified the Razor HD reticle eyepiece will fit on the Swarovski ATS/STS bodies and yields the correct subtended moa/mil marks? Might be a cost effective way to get a reticle into a lot of older swarovski spotters for guys. Still rather have a STR-80, but for $3000 less the Razor HD reticle eyepiece might be worth the gamble to try on my STS-80HD

If you are referring to the gen 1 Razor HD ranging reticle, then yes. I currently utilize a Zen Ray and it works fine. After purchasing the Zen Ray, I took the Ranging reticle to my local dealer and we tried it on the Swarovski. Not sure of the model number. It worked fine. All subtended Mil marks appeared to work fine. I see you are in Pa. I currently reside in the Carlisle area. If you are close and the Coronavirus subsides, let me know if you want to try it. Good luck.

That's a good point I didn't think to investigate if the Razor HD spotter had various generations of reticle eyepieces, that could complicate things if it's an older gen that's not easily available.

Only Vortex that fits Swaro is the first gen. And they're hard to come by, anymore....

IMG_0756_zpsfqzwspch.jpg

IMG_8430_zpsnmva1tfl.jpg

IMG_8420_zps3kn6gmyk.jpg

Have the Gen 1 in MOA and MIL. Sit in boxes in the safe since I generally use the Spotter 60 or STR 65. Should probably sell them.

yes the first gen vortex eye piece will work just fine. Mine will only lock in clocked 1 specific location . The focal distance is almost identical so the reticle measures correctly.

Anyone know if the new Viper version they just came out with will work? My guess is not, the mount looks different but it's hard to tell if it's just shorter.

That might be an option just to try out since it seems like the old Vortex verions are pretty well extinct.

Ziahunter
If you decide to let the Vortex Gen I MOA eyepiece go let me know I looking for 1.

I have both moa and mil vortex reticle eyepieces bought in 2018 from norway and they fit my swarovski ats 65. What i want to know is whether they would also fit the swarovski STS80mm spotter as i would like a slightly larger objective than the 65mm

Attachments

• swaro-plus-2-reticles-800x800.jpg
    swaro-plus-2-reticles-800x800.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 44